Canada: Candidate for Parliament tells High School Students: Kill the Gays.

Kill gays, candidate says; High school debate audience shocked; fellow candidates say nothing

There are no words. :frowning:

At least as an independent he just killed any chance he had at election. I’d be more concerned if he was affiliated with a party.

I wonder if this will cut into his support. He did receive 54 votes in the last Federal election and finished behind both the Communist and Marxist-Leninist candidates*.

*Now that’s a debate I’d love to hear.

Shame on his fellow candidates.

Why stop with the gays?

Everybody must get stoned! :slight_smile:

He did the public debate equivalent of being that guy at the back of the bus who is obviously insane and who is ranting, punching the air and pissing himself. Everyone knows that something should be done about it; but since he isn’t actually harming anyone at the moment, no-one wants to be stuck with the responsibility of dealing with him, or knows exactly what to do. They just avoid eye contact and shuffle a few seats over.

I agree, Malthus - I’d say the guy is not paddling with all his oars in the water. What he said is a bit of a mixed blessing - at least there’s no doubt about what kind of person you’re dealing with now.

Thank you Canadians. It’s always nice when we are reminded that alllllllllll the nutters don’t live in the US.

<waves a maple leaf flag>

I bet Steve’s heart stopped just a little when he read that headline before realizing that it wasn’t one of his that said it. :stuck_out_tongue:
Now I have to go prepare to have Steve’s mother chide me for calling him Steve.

That was my reaction when when I read the title.

Well all sorts of morons who speak before thinking seem to live in Sudbury.

I agree. None that I can think of, anyway. Bleeuuurrgghhhhh isn’t a word, right?

I’m surprised he didn’t say we should execute with death by a thousand <pretend strikethrough>cold</pretend> cuts.

He was previously convicted of assaulting his mother – I wonder what his rationalization for that was?

Ironic that Sudbury and the surrounding region is known as “Rainbow Country”, and the school where he made his comments is part of the “Rainbow District School Board”.

Sounds like a classy, classy dude.

And by classy I mean disgusting.

Does the bible even say that? I know it say a man doinking another man is an abomination, but does it say they are to be executed? Not that it would surprise me.

IIRC the bible also says disobedient children should be put to death. Does this guy believe in that too?

“A young man asked me what I think of homosexual marriages and I said I think homosexuals should be executed,” he said. “My whole reason for running is the Bible and the Bible couldn’t be more clear on that point.

Guess he missed all that stuff about not judging, shalt not kill, loving others, all those inconvenient Christian details in Christianity.

He’s a wingnut. A scary, hate-filled moron but unfortunately one who seems to have gained a minimal audience. I rush to add that is not the slightest criticism of Canada, which has denied this moron notoriety akin to Fred Phelps.

He’s…words just fail after a bit, don’t they?

Leviticus 20:13:

You are stupid and suck, Piper

well, I’ve been called worse… however, would you care to elaborate? am I incorrectly quoting Leviticus 20:13? is it not really in the Bible? I don’t know if it’s the passage that the candidate in the OP was referring to as the basis for his views, but it is the verse that I’ve seen cited by some other Christians who are opposed to homosexuality.

in short, please explain the basis for your opinion on my stupidity and suckitude.