Classic Nickelodeon Programing

I was totally about to say that all of you are forgetting the most important shows on classic Nickelodeon then I see that you do remember the best one of all: You Can’t Do That on Television. That is classic, by jove. All the different sketches like the jokes in the lockers, and the firing squad… ahhh. I watched the Elephant show and the anime fairy tales religiously, along with that Koala show, Today’s Special, Mighty Mouse, and Pete and Pete. Hey Dude was the beginning of the end. We lost Ren and Stimpy, Invader Zim, and countless other amazing shows to the Nick machine. And it is unlikely that we shall ever see our precious Zim again… unless any of you know something I don’t, which is very, VERY possible with the sheltered life I live now. Please do tell if I am missing my Zim!

Yeah, Danger Mouse, not Mighty Mouse. Duh.

Ok i loved all the shows you guys mentioned. I even watched Eureka’s Caslte. I love Grimm’s Fairy Tales and the Secret World of David Gnome or something like that hehe. You know, about those Gnome’s. And who remember’s the show Lil’ Bits? Oh and that game show Truth or Dare. Man i miss all those shows…Seems like they should rerun it sometimes, instead of the same ol crap they rerun at night :frowning:

Oh and was this in pinwheel or romper room? that lil kid simon?

And you know my name is Simon…
blah blah blah he liked to draw w/chalk.

Ahh…the memories

Reading this thread makes me feel old… :frowning:

Heh. I still make my siblings watch that show sometimes when I’m home. I also have no idea how I ever watched it, but I did like it.

That’s old now? I remember that and I can’t be old. I’m not even 19 yet.

Anyway, I especially liked watching The Elephant Show (I can still sing the song with arm motions!) and David the Gnome and the fairy tale thing and the Noozles. Inspector Gadget was one of my absolute favorites – I watched it every morning and every night (Looney Tunes came on after it at night and those were okay to watch…but Inspector Gadget was way better).
I watched the Lil Bits too, but I seem to remember them being a bit past my time – I think I was in school by the time they started airing. Then again, maybe not.

What was that one with the big stone head named Olmec? It was like American Gladiators for kids.

Couple of problems there. YCDTOTV was a Canadian production and the original eps. were licensed by Nickelodeon. I get the impression that at least one person, no idea who, is doing essentially the same thing as the two women who hold the rights to “Happy Birthday” and nobody wants to fork over the money. Best place to get the show nowadays is to go the eBay route, I got a tape of my favorite ep. that way.

BTW: Christine “Moose” McGlade was my first crush.

That, my friend, was Legends of the Hidden Temple. Great show, it was. I always cheered for the Blue Barracudas to win.

I got to see very early Nick as an adult, since my oldest kid was just the right age to be watching it. The very first shows, Danger Mouse, Belle & Sebastian, Cities of Gold, YCDTOTV, all got bought from elsewhere. I think Eureka’s Castle was about the first original programming they did. Double Dare was filmed in New York before they moved some stuff down to Florida.

Nick Studios in Universal Studios used to have a contest for kids, the prize was the opportunity to be on. It was basically a Simon Says game. My daughter who was 8 or 9 at the time, desperately wanted to be on, and she won. But they weren’t filming anything, so her name got put into a file never to be seen again.

But she fooled them. Not long after she landed a role on Pete & Pete for union wages. She’s still getting residuals to this day, thanks to Noggin.

Guts! is awesome, for many reasons, not the least of which is the AGGRO CRAG! Because that is the best word ever.

I loved Salute your Shorts and had a crush on the guy with the long hair (that remains the story of my life, pretty much: long hair = crush). I also loved Hey Dude, Double Dare, Nick Arcade, Clarissa Explains It All, and You Can’t Do That on Television.

i had a David the Gnome book. beams

i loved Roundhouse. Of course, not until years later did i realize that some of the Newsies boys were on Roundhouse. Ah, i still remember the episode where Anykid’s parents had a baby and they said “you know what that means…” closeup of Anykid & Sister “AH! Our parents had SEX!”

i was, what, 10? I thought that was sooo scandalous.

Elephant Show lyrics (motions are too hard to explain):
Skittamerinkydinkydink, Skittamerinkydoo
I love you
I love you in the morning and in the afternoon.
I love you in the evening and underneath the moon.
Oh skittamerinkydinkydink, skittamerinkydoo
I love you!

Clarissa was my idol, quite frankly.
and i saw a picture of Dina from Salute Your Shorts in my history textbook when i was in 6th grade…weird.

All That was only good with the first original cast - it was like SNL for kids…it’s just gotten more ridiculous since then. Or maybe I’ve just gotten older…
JessEnigma - are we that old? …i dont think we are…was it really that long ago that Larissa Olenik left Alex Mack and showed up in 10 Things I Hate About You?

ah! Legends of the Hidden Temple??? i totally forgot about that show! What was the red team?.. Didnt you always have to get the Golden Monkey or something?

Does anyone remember Welcome, Freshman?

I’m thinking back now on how i remember all of these shows and then some…and…god, i was such a tv junkie! i guess that’s what happened when all my friends had CCD on school nights and my nondenominational, nonchurchgoing parents didnt send me anywhere…

i love Invader Zim, but i just haven’t time to watch TV for a while now…and as much as Spongebob annoys me, sometimes it’s just too hilarious…
Patrick: Oh, if I knew who threw that peanut at me, i’d have a few choice words for them…like You…and Are…and… A Jerk!

Spongebob: this town ain’t big enough for the both of us
Patrick: ooh, oh! let me try!..Hey, Punk!

my brother and i banter with those two pieces…

i still have a tape sitting around somewhere of an episode of Pinwheel…ah, the memories…what i really want to get my hands on are some old Roundhouse episodes…I wouldnt mind seeing Are You Afraid of the Dark again, too. Every now and then, Nick will take a risk and show a Rocko episode and I’ll get excited…

we lost them [Nickelodeon] when Angry Beavers came out…who was the dipstick that dreamed up THAT concept??? i remember watching it going “well, there goes the neighborhood.”

No, man. That show is still hip. It’s just gone Oldschool.

oh man. i reminisce with my friends about classic nick all the time…it was glorious.

hey dude
clarissa explains it all
pete and pete
alex mack
the earlier eps of are you afraid of the dark
double dare
rocko
eureekas castle
david the gnome
guts

also…was ghostwriter nickelodeon?

I remember begging my mom to go to Pizza Hut to get the rubber Eureeka handpuppet! God I feel old.

And yes, it was on Pinwheel where they had “Simon in the Land of Chalk”. You remembered part of the lyrics correctly.

Oh I know my name is Simon
and you draw the things I do
So take me, take me, take me over the ladder with you…
CJ

I’m just glad that Daria is on The N now. I’m dressing up as her for Halloween! :slight_smile:

lil bits!

Um…wasn’t Daria originally on MTV as a Beavis and Butthead spin-off?

CJ

Yes. IIRC, they attended the same high school.

IF the attended the same HS, then how come you never saw the dynamic duo show up in any episodes of Daria? :confused:

CJ

Because, Daria moved—after which the series Daria began.