Commercials you don't hate

They don’t show them anymore but the Beck Bennet commercials for AT&T with all the little kids discussing everyday topics were great.

This is what I came in to say and I don’t foresee getting sick of it (though the novelty will probably wear off and it might lose its “awwwwww” factor for me).

The only good Geico commercial in a long time.

The Rundead ad for Brooks running shoes makes me want to go for a run whenever I see it. They didn’t skimp on anything in making it. I’ve seen it only online - it’s 3+ minutes long - and not sure if they have a short version for TV.

I like the animated commercial with the Grandpa “Big Bad Wolf” with the breathing disorder. His doctor (an animated female wolf) treats him with the advertised medication. The commercial returns to live action and the older man says to his two granddaughters, “Watch out, piggies!”

My favorite GEICO is this one.

Geico Tarzan and Jane is probably my fave right now. I like the squirrel one as well, especially after noticing that there are squirrels in the backgrounds.

I wonder how Tarzan would deal with the Jane ( Mrs. Joe Bradley) from my old Surreal thread in MPSIMS–Jane of the 48-inch bust and almost 6-foot frame! :smiley:

I like theWGU commercials because owls.

I like the matter-of-factness of the “owl’s” voice and I’m pretty sure the owl is real (with animated mouth movements).

That is a great delivery, but what gets lost at the end is when he does the Tarzan yell and she bitches “do you HAVE to do that right in my ear?”

Geico has some good ads, I miss their rhetorical question theme. The cavemen hopefully have died a terrible and painful death.

I came in to say the KFC ones.

I love what they’re doing with them. Having a revolving door of comedians be the Colonel and sub them out willy nilly.

I saw one the other day that had Gaffigan coming into a board meeting demanding the Hot Wings stay because “what are you gonna do, replace me?” and they have a wall of pictures of future Colonels (including Tim Meadows!) Gaffigan drops the accent and says “really? I haven’t even been doing this that long”.

So so funny

Geico seems to win.

Here are 5 of the cavemen commercials.

Nature’s Care dirt pile.
:11-:14 really sells it.

[quote=“Seanette, post:5, topic:749672”]

I did like Geico’s commercial with the squirrels:

[/QUOTE]

I thought this would be a link to the Geico spy commercial, where the mother calls and asks him if he’s taking a Zumba class…significantly funnier once you see the squlrrels.

ETA: Only in the long version I believe…mom says something like “the squirrels are back in the attic”…

Yeah. I got 4 of the little bastards. Most comical of all dogs. Any time I can see them without smelling them is a good time.

I liked the one a few years ago about lasers on their heads. One of them looked just like my baby Trixie.

I like this sleep aid ad with the CGI animated Sleep Cat and Wake Dog:

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylc=X3oDMTFiN25laTRvBF9TAzIwMjM1MzgwNzUEaXRjAzEEc2VjA3NyY2hfcWEEc2xrA3NyY2h3ZWI-?p=sleep+commercial+animated+cat&fr=yfp-t-201&fp=1&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

I love it because

1.) Nobody I know needs or uses the product
2.) It’s technically cute and well-done
3.) It’s so wonderfully ridiculous. I find myself making up stores and MST3K-like lines to go with the action

“Sleep threw up a hairball in the bed again”

“Bad Dog Wake – stop smelling the other Wake’s Es.”

And that’s exactly how you’re supposed to feel about him.

I was always partial to this due to its evoking of a classic SNL parody.

I don’t like it because I think Wake is being mistreated. Sleep gets to snuggle in bed while Wake nearly gets kicked into his dog bed. Go shit in her shoe, Wake!

But if she lets Wake into her bed, she won’t get to sleep at all! It’s part of the metaphor.

Actually, to be true to the metaphor, the idea of Wake having his own Bed is ludicrous. Wake should really be spending the whole night running around downstairs and barking at every noise from outside. It would be better to put Wake outside, securely chained to his WakeHouse, but he’d spend all night rattling his chain.

The problem is, you can’t put Wake “to sleep”, because you need him in the morning. If he’s not there, the Cat Lady will have narcolepsy.
I don’t know what solution there is to make the metaphor work in both senses. I think, instead of a doggie bed, Wake needs a treadmill downstairs, along with a dog bowl full of espresso