Confusion on Doper names

[QUOTE=Loach]
Some how a SCUBA diver in a tub made more sense.
[/QUOTE]

That would be Diogenes the Cynic.

[QUOTE=Sternvogel]

You had been lurking for a while before starting to post – Harimad-sol has been Telperien since January of this year.
[/QUOTE]

So that’s where she went! That makes things so much easier for me now!

(Yes I’ve been lurking for something close to two or three years now).

I just realised I also did the Tub Diver thing.

[QUOTE=WhyNot]
So, what does your username sound like in your head? 'Cause in my head, it sounds like “Pick-you-nurse”, because 'round these parts, the pediatric intensive care unit is called the PICU, pronounced “Pick-you”. No one says “Pee-eye-see-you”.

I think that I always knew your name referenced the PICU, because my dad works both NICU and PICU.
[/QUOTE]

It sounds like P-I-C-U nurse in my head, but Pick You is ok, since the units I’ve worked in were referred to either way. Just as long as no one reads “nurse” as “nose,” I’m cool… :smiley:

I tend to read Mangetout as “Magnet Trout,” for some reason. (The image that comes to mind is some kind of magnetic trout, not merely a magnet shaped like a trout, mind you. Obviously, the latter would just be insane.)

And a number of people, I’ve noticed, have called me “Rancloth”…not just on the SDMB. I’ve seen it on at least two other messageboards, with little or no user overlap. I have no. idea. why.

[QUOTE=Ranchoth]
I tend to read Mangetout as “Magnet Trout,” for some reason. (The image that comes to mind is some kind of magnetic trout, not merely a magnet shaped like a trout, mind you.
[/QUOTE]

That’s just silly, everyone knows that only lobster sticks to magnet.

Would that be anything like a chick magnet?

I always read Triskadecamus as Triskaidecamus, as in from the Greek for three-and-ten. Quite what it would mean in the Greek, I forget.