Could I be the Biggest Loser?

I hope so. We just finished my video to sent to the show. I’m older than any of the previous contestants, but it doesn’t hurt to try.
So, how about some of that great SDMB psychic help? Send lots of positive thoughts about me to NBC. :smiley: Or at least wish me luck.

Here’s hoping you’re chosen! :slight_smile:

VCNJ~

Good luck! I hope you get on the show. It would be very cool to see you on TV! If you get on, you know you’ll have a fan club already.

Good luck! Are you a likely contestant? Maybe I’ve never paid enough attention, but it never registered with me that you were very overweight.

Good luck, picunurse! It would be excellent if you were chosen. Good Doper vibes headed your way…well, and NBC’s.

GT

No matter what happens, you will always be a Big Fat Loser to me!

Bad Shirley :smiley:

Good luck!

It would be way cool if this board could boast that among it’s membership is The World’s Biggest Loser.

Well, we probably DO have the world’s biggest loser here already, just not anyone official :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I’m not sure I’d want to be exploited that way. But if it’s what you want…luck, I guess.

Geez, then I’d have to watch the show?

My wife watches that show religiously, she says it inspires her.

She watches while she sits on the couch, eating Cheesy Poofs.

You - do better than her, ok?

:wink:

Good luck. My wife recently sent her casting video in as well*. Almost makes you want to hold off losing weight, huh?
*Don’t tell her I told you.

Fingers crossed for you, picunurse! Best of luck both in getting on and in staying the course! :slight_smile:

One thing I’ve wondered about that show, don’t the contestants have to take two or three months, maybe longer, off work? Can you get that much leave of absence? Will the Pediatric ICU spare you for that long without your getting into hot water with your employer? (Hope I’m interpreting your nom correctly.)

Sonia Montdore, I’m retired, so time is no problem.
garygnu, My lips are sealed. Since they chose one person from each state, I’m not competing with your wife to get on the show.
Mr Bus Guy, I’ll try. I have a treadmill that only has a couple things hung on it…
Shirley Ujest, No more jam for you! :smiley:
Everyone else Thank you for the good wishes! I’ll do my best to make the board proud.

I’m resurrecting this to ask, picunurse, did you send in your tape? Are you on the show?

I never watch the show but if a fellow doper (or a doper’s wife :wink: ) makes it on, I’ll watch and cheer you on!
Good luck to you Picunurse and to your wife garygnu!

I sent the tape, but alas, I’ve heard nary a word back. I don’t even know if they will sent rejections or if I’ll simple remain here, by the phone… waiting… :frowning:
Ok, I’ll go for a walk.

Be sure to keep us updated, picunurse. Best of luck to you! :slight_smile:

Before they started the first season, they had interviews for contestants here in Seattle. I went but the moment I mentioned my funky knees I was out of the running. Uh, so to speak.

I’m wishing better luck to you, picunurse. If this season starts in September then you might have another month or two before they make up their minds. If it’s going to be a summer show, seems you should hear from them any time now.

I’m ESPing the producers to tell them to pick you. Maybe that will work.