couples-what's your song?

Inspired by another thread here, I’d like to find out what songs couples consider theirs. The wife and I (or at least I) consider Tom Petty’s “here comes my girl” to be our song, for reasons she won’t let me elaborate

AT LAST as sung by Etta James.

We were both over 40 when we married.

At last
My love has come along
and life is like a song
for you are mine at last

“Heaven Can Wait” by Meat Loaf.

2 songs…both sung by Allison Krauss

1. I Don’t Believe You’ve Met My Baby
  2. When You Say Nothing At All (our first wedding dance)

My fiance and I chose “Precious Little Fantasy” as our song (it’s techno, but not a bad techno) not sure what our first dance song will be yet (still have a little over a year to decide).

We had to sit down and actually decide this one, since we really hadn’t come up with a song. But our choice was…

House Of Fire by Alice Cooper. :smiley:

racinchikki and I are looking for an “our song”. Any suggestions?

My husband and I danced to Harry Connick Jr.'s “A Wink and a Smile” at our wedding. (“We go together … like a wink and a smile.”)

Well since I don’t have a boyfriend right now, I get to talk about my past relationships. My last boyfriend and I didn’t have a song, but before that I went out with a guy named Carlos and our song was “Take My Breath Away” from the Top Gun soundtrack. And the boyfriend that most of you know about that I’m still depressed over, well my song with him was “Music of My Heart” by Gloria Estefan and NSync, I always bugged him that it just had to be NSync didn’t it? But it did end up being our first slow dance, it was really sweet, I miss moments like that.

Kitty

not determined but in my mind it would be
“More than Words” i think its Nelson
“More than Words to show you feel, that your love for me is real”

Mainly because while we were making up from a fight one time, this song was on and we just started slow dancing in the middle of the bedroom. Classic moment

“More Than Words” was by Extreme, IIRC. (They followed it up with “Hole-Hearted”.) We are also looking for a song - I’ll have to start my own thread some day.

For my wife and I, it is “When I’m With You” by Sheriff.
Coming in at a close 2nd is “Everything I do, I do it for you.” from the “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves” soundtrack.

My ex-girlfriend and I had a few … she saw no need to limit us, and I’m pretty easy-going (and read a lot into music lyris, anyway).

“Truly Madly Deeply” by Savage Garden, and
“Save Tonight” by Eagle Eye Cherry were both on the radio a lot when we first started dating.

“Take My Breath Away” was always good, since she loved Tom Curise and it was an excellent movie … but oddly, “Secret Garden” [from Jerry McGuire] was not one.

Basically, any somewhat-romantic song with decent lyrics/special meaning became one of “our songs”. I can’t tell you what the first song we danced to was, unfortunately …

We actually have two songs. I want both of them for our “first” dance.

“Fields of Gold” by Sting. It’s really hard to explain, but I’ll try. The first CD we bought together (what a huge step) was a used copy of Ten Sumner’s Tales. That song was just special to us from the beginning. I still get all emotional when I hear it.

“Here There and Everywhere” by The Beatles. The 2nd night we spent together, Revolver was playing, and that song just felt, so…right.

Pepper, just for fun, find a copy of Eva Cassidy doing Sting’s “Fields of Gold”. (on "Live at Blues Alley)

As far as Mrs. Spritle and my song goes, we danced to “Fly me to the Moon” at the wedding. I like Tony Bennett’s version best (a bit more upbeat)

Our first dance at our wedding was “Let’s Stay Together” by Al Green. They play an oldies station at my husband’s work so he hears the song a lot. He always turns it up and dances - he’s so sweet.

“In My Life”, the Beatles.

“Storm In My Heart”, Dolores Keane.

I’ve never had an “our song”! That’s kind of sad to think about. :frowning:

[/whine]

So I’ll tell you about my parents. :slight_smile: As far as I knew, they never really had an “our song”. Then, back when my mom was sick and my dad couldn’t be here (do I really need to mention that he’s a truck driver?), my dad called from Florida and told me to play Savage Garden’s “Truly, Madly, Deeply”. He said, “Don’t say anything, just turn it on. When it’s over, let her know that it’s from me and I’m sorry I can’t be there.” I don’t know what her reaction was, but I cried. It was SO SWEET! Awww, I’m getting misty just thinking about it.

I want what they have.

Early in the relationship with the woman who is now my wife (that sounds really roundabout, but I can’t think of a simpler way of saying it), our song was “Forever” by Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul.

However, you can’t dance to it, so we had to have some other god-awful song at the wedding. (My next choice would have been Grace Pool’s “Wedding on the Lawn,” but you can’t dance to that, either. My life is full of songs you can’t dance to.)