What is (would be) your "couples" song?

Ours is playing on the stereo right now, which prompted my wife to request this thread.

What is (would you like to be) “your song?”

Ours is “Something That We Do” by Clint Black.

When I was half of a couple, our song happened to be Come Sail Away. No, not by Styx. By Eric Cartman.

If I could pick a song to be “our” song the day I enter another relationship… I’d have to say Katie Melua’s Tiger In The Night.

Here comes my girl by Tom Petty.

Mrs. Mercotan doesn’t like it, but she does consider it our song.

On the romantic side, it’s Tech Romance by *Her Space Holiday * - except with a happy ending. My husband listened to it a lot, while I was engaged to another man and he wished he could just make me see… when we finally got married, he played it for me and it made me all weepy. Aww.

Otherwise… uh… I’d say either* Blush * by Razed in Black, or Juke Joint Jezebel by KMFDM. Heh.

Mine used to be Angel Dream No.4 by Tom Petty, not to be confused with Angel Dream No.2 which is the EXACT same song but MAN my ex-boyfriend would get upset when I mixed them up.

It’s the SAME SONG, people!

I want a song too! :frowning:

Can you pick a song? Or does it have to “just happen”, in true romantic-movie fashion?

This is almost embarrassing but Nights in White Satin by The Moody Blues.
Particularly the refrain:
And I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.
Oh, how, I love you.

Jim

White Sandy Beach of Hawaii by Iz. :cool:

The one for Ms.Nic and me would have to be The Dance by Garth Brooks. We had both been through some painful times before getting together but if the past were changed we most likely would never have met.

Ours is “Ain’t No Sunshine When She’s Gone”, which is a bit short and repetitive for as short as it is, but it’s ours.

The wife and I shared our first wedding dance to It’s Your Love. I’m generally not much of one for duets, simply because they generally have such a phony feel to me – here are two people singing of their love for one another, when it’s simply a business deal to go in and record a song.

When my wife explained to me that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were actually husband and wife, it took on a whole new meaning for me though. The song was real, and that meant something.

Our is “Heart and Soul.” We had a string quartet play it at our wedding and it was the cutest thing ever.

Up until about 2 months ago, Breakdown by Tom Petty. He seems to be pretty popular.

Concrete Blonde’s Little Conversations.

“The Look Of Love” by Dusty Springfield.

First song to pop into my head: A Rainy Night In Soho by The Pogues.

My husband (well, boyfriend then) and I both picked the same (rather obscure) song for mix tapes we made for each other when he was going to the UK and I was staying here. So that became our song.

It’s Goodbye, Sweet Pumpkinhead by Jane Siberry.

“Praying Mantis” by Don Dixon.

When we went on our second date, he had a Don Dixon tape in the car. I snatched it up and asked, “Is this the one with ‘Praying Mantis’ on it?” (Up until that point he was the only other person who ever even heard of Don Dixon. I was excited, because I’d never been able to even find one of Dixon’s tapes.)

“Yes, it is,” he answered (impressed that I’d heard of Dixon too), and slid the tape in. Over 10 years later, well, here we are.

No, it’s not the most romantic song. But it’s still ours. And it still makes us smile.

Lovecats, by The Cure.

Ours is *I Love You *, by The Climax Blues Band.

The lyrics pretty much sum up my life just before we met, right down to the “growin’ my hair” and “hittin’ the beer” parts.

Of course, today (15 years later), I needed to ask **Rhiannon8404 **what the name of the song was so that I could post here.

But she loves me anyway.