What is (would be) your "couples" song?

Power of Two by the Indigo Girls. You really can’t get more “long-term lesbian couple” than that song.

“La vie en rose”

“Every Time We Say Goodbye,” as sung by Jeri Southern.

My husband chose Sade’s “By Your Side” as our wedding song/first dance song, and “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds as our last wedding dance song, so I think of both of them as officially ‘our songs’, but really we have so many.

“Luna” by the Smashing Pumpkins

That’s got some rough verses in it though.

Does it?

*'ve been loving you a long time
Down all the years, down all the days…

You’re the measure of my dreams…*

Seems to me the guy is totally in love. Of course there’s Now the song is nearly over. The obvious interpretation is that the relationship is ending. But there’s a lot of love in that song.

Hold please. I was thinking of Fairytale of New York. :smack:

Alone Again, Naturally.

We have a few songs that are special to us. Our “official” song is “Love Will Keep Us Alive” by the Eagles, though we always tell people it’s “I Was Made for Loving You” by Kiss.

Other songs that are special to us include “Your Song” by Elton John, “Annie’s Song” by John Denver, and Rachmaninoff’s 18th Variation (Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini). The last being the song I walked down the aisle to at our wedding. I’m tearing up just thinking about it. sniff

The only song I ever thought of as “our song” for my husband and me was Reminiscing by the Little River Band. I only ever said anything about it once, though, many years ago, and I doubt he would even remember it now.

Hurry, don’t be late
I can hardly wait
I said to myself when we’re old
We’ll go dancing in the dark
Walking through the park and reminiscing

Not only do we not have a song, but I wouldn’t even know where to look for one. Are we that unusual? It’s true we didn’t have a standard wedding, which is one thing that pushes you to name a song.

Love Stinks, J. Geils Band

Even there, you see how much they love each other by the end.

“Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flats…

Ok, so “our song” seems to be everyone’s song this year. However it’s the first slow song that we danced to and the words do fit our lives.

We met at a Gary Allen concert so “The Best I Ever Had” has special meaning as well, however considering that the song is about his wife who committed suicide it’s a little on the depressing side.

I am working on a song montage for our first dance at our wedding next year. It will include Etta James “At Last”(Because my church won’t let me walk down the aisle to it), “Our Song”, “Sweet Home Alabama” (The first song we danced to) and something by Gary Allen.

My ex and I had several songs, we will still call each other when they are on the radio, they include- “Bitch” by Dope, “Cold” by Crossfade and “Come Away With Me” by Norah Jones.
We also just added “Crazy Bitch” by Buck Cherry to the list. There is one more that we would sing along to in the truck and should be on the list but I can’t remember which one, and I called him and he could remember either. We are now best friends, however as I sure you can tell by the songs, it was a very tumultuous relationship.
Barrels

“Somebody” by Depeche Mode

Agreed, but it’s not the kind of love that most people would be seeking out. :smiley:

Then you’re doing it wrong.
The song Mrs. Lebeef and I played at our wedding was “You Were Made For Me” By Sam Cooke.

“Superman” by Five for Fighting and the Smashmouth cover of “I’m a believer.”

Night Moves by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, Strawberry Wine by Deana Carter and Hotel California by the Eagles. These were our favorite songs when my wife and I were dating. We have pretty different musical tastes in general though, her liking easy listening and soft rock with a splash of country, while I like classic rock and heavy metal. I also think of my wife and girls anytime I hear Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.