What is (would be) your "couples" song?

That’s my couples song. Back when we were dating, my husband and I danced to that at his father’s wedding. The wedding was outside, and we danced all around the walkways in the garden to that song. It was really beautiful, and really one of the very few times we’ve ever danced together in public.

Some Enchanted Evening from South Pacific by Rodgers and Hammerstein.

She was pretty impressed that an unemployed, long-haired, dope-smokin’, video-game-playin’, uneducated cretin was a huge fan of old musicals.

Squeeze Me, written by Thomas Waller and Clarence Williams, and sung by Maria Muldaur on her Waitress in a Donut Shop album. Oh, yeah, baby.

Ours is “Tupelo Honey” by Van Morrison. That’s the song that was playing when I proposed to her.

“Let My Love Open the Door (E. Cola Mix)” by Pete Townshend (the version on the Grosse Pointe Blank soundtrack)

First Call also known as “Call to the Post”. It’s by whomever is playing at Arlington that season. :smiley:

“Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton.

“Sunshine on My Shoulders” by John Denver. Totally cheesy, but he sang it to me on a moonlit beach and I fell hard for him.

Aww!

Husband’s and my song is “Always” by Erasure.

Boyfriend’s and my song is arguably Apocalyptica’s cover of Metallica’s “Nothing Else Matters”.

“Emotionally Yours”, by Bob Dylan.
Also “Wilder Than Her”, by Fred Eaglesmith is our current song,

“She’s a summer storm, I’m a hurricane…”

“Let Time Go Lightly” by Harry Chapin

Our de facto song is “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton. One of our first nights together, we went to New York City’s Washington Square Park (right by where we both lived at the time) with some friends of ours and sang along with the folk jam. I was hugging her and sang along. We just sort of settled into that.

It’s a lovely song, really.

The only song DeHusband has ever sung to me is Elvis’ “I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You”. Cheezy? You betcha. But now it’s my favorite song.

And I thought I would be the only one posting that. Except we listen to it at Laurel.

“You Give Love a Bad Name” by Bon Jovi.

Yes, I’m bitter and jaded.

Postscript to the previous:

It used to be “Amazed by you” by Lonestar.

How times change.

I first realized that I was in love with my husband-to-be while we were watching the first Star Trek movie in 1979. To this day, every time I hear Jerry Goldsmith’s Star Trek theme, I feel all mushy and romantic inside.

Angel Eyes by Jeff Healy.

“High-Fiving MF” by Local H. It just kind of worked out that way.

Hey, cool, my friend’s dad was in that band. :slight_smile:

As for the song, once I had a boyfriend who lived five hours away. We had previously lived together but in the summer we lived apart. I was driving him home from a visit, and was going to stay at his house for a couple of days before coming home myself. On the way, I decided to take the tape out of the tape deck and listen to the radio. I always liked seeing what was on the radio stations far from home. Anyway, this song was playing. We both really liked it and wanted them to say who the band was, but they never did and we had no idea. We talked about it briefly every now and again, but gave up the idea of ever finding out what the song was. I couldn’t Google the lyrics because I didn’t remember any of them.

Somehow, he found out what song it was, unbeknownst to me, and downloaded it. He changed the file name to SEKRAT - MORE SEKRAT and sent it to me (because that’s how we like to spell “secret” when we’re joking around) and wouldn’t tell me what it was, so when I got it and played it, that’s what it was.

He is no longer my boyfriend, but he’s one of my best friends and favourite people in the universe. He and the song are precious to me.

It’s “Always” by Erasure.