I noticed a shady looking van parked across the street from my office this morning, so maybe I should lay off the A-Team verses. But SmartAleq has the right idea anyway: cats and haiku go together so well.
The litter box calls
sand-filled tub for my business
humans hate the stench
Many years ago I got deeply into trying to compose some “real” haiku. Before that I dabbled in 17-syllable things for the fun of it.
One thing I really wanted to come up with would be a Horror Haiku. Seventeen syllables that really bring about the hair-raising effect of a horror story along the lines of a Lovecraft story.
Anybody want to try one of those? No doubt it would have to be absurd to boot.
[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Many years ago I got deeply into trying to compose some “real” haiku. Before that I dabbled in 17-syllable things for the fun of it.
One thing I really wanted to come up with would be a Horror Haiku. Seventeen syllables that really bring about the hair-raising effect of a horror story along the lines of a Lovecraft story.
Anybody want to try one of those? No doubt it would have to be absurd to boot.
[/QUOTE]
How about:
Wayward seafarer
one glimpse of dead Cthulhu
instantly insane
Foolish explorers
stumble upon eldritch tomb
Old Ones devour souls