DAMN you, Ben! And DAMN Jerry, too!

So yesterday, as Montreal finally got warm, the campus of McGIll college was littered with people wearing their summer clothes.

As I walked by, I came to the conclusion that the rumour that Montreal has really beautiful women is, indeed true. I’d say 90% of them were prettier, thinner and better dressed than me.

I renewed my resolution to eat healthy, get in shape and lose weight. I was going to do it this time!

Then I passed Ben and Jerry’s later that night and bought a large Chocolate Fudge Brownie milkshake as my first step :wink:

A can of No-Salt-Added Mustard Greens costs just 50 cents at Kroger. Please don’t hurt me…

Oh, **Dirty Earthworm, ** Phish Food is my favorite too! But that new one that has been mentioned, The Full Vermontly, sounds like it could be a contender.

I go to UPitt.

grin

Lifte is gransd. (whoops, posting drunk.)

Sigh…

I used to eat Ben and Jerry’s when I lived in London and you guys are really making me miss it now. Oh for a tub of Cookie Dough Dynamo.

Ben & Jerry’s is the best ice cream in the world, as far as I’m concerned. Even if you do go to an Ice Cream shop, you’ll not find such complex tastes anywhere (if you can find better, I will move to that town). And their non-growth hormone injected cows are pretty sweet too. Makes it that much more tempting for us hippies ;). My fav: All, i’ll eat them all until someone makes me stop. And then, I’ll fight my way back to that milky goodness.

[hijack] I heard a rumor that haagen daas bought B&J out. Is there any truth to this? Anyone? Bueller? [/highjack]

Y’all are out to get me, aren’t you.

Bastards.

Heathens!
Everyone knows the best flavor is good ol’ New York Super Fudge Chunk.

I will not rest until I go get a pint. :smiley:

Ben and Jerry? Who needs cutesy yuppie ice cream when you can have **Cooks Farm Dairy ** right down the road from moi?

No artsy farty names. Chocolate. strawberry, Vanilla and an assortment of other non-aging hippie turned yuppies hawking frozen ice to the carb-starved consumer. All American Made.

**The Servings ** are incredible. A single scoop is bigger than a wimpy Ben & Jerry’s pint. A double is a gut buster and a triple, whoooa nelly…call in the fork lift …and get Richard Simmons on the phone.

The cows who provide the milk all frolic in the pasture behind the shop. American Cows too. Moo. And, even better, while waiting in the long line to get ice cream on a hot summer’s eve (no relation to our Eve) you can peruse the freezer case and pick up a chunk of meat that probably gave you the milk to make the ice cream that you ate that split your gut that made you feel oh-so-good and oh-soo-bad at the same time. And the Cheese stands alone.

It’s a good thing I’m broke, or I’d be face-first in a pint of Blue Bell Banana Split. What?! It’s got fruit, and milk, and there’s probably calcium in there!

Robin, always happy to rationalize a bad decision. :smiley:

I’ll taunt you all by telling you that I live on the only college campus in the US with it’s own Ben and Jerry’s. So there :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, this thread caught my attention at the right time… being all out of ice cream at the moment. (having eaten two litres of mint chocolate chip ice cream in the past month… :eek: ) It’s been some time since I’ve tried Haagen-Dazs, and as for Ben & Jerry’s, I’m not sure I ever tried it! Does the stuff ever go on sale? Oh well, maybe it’s time for me to treat myself… watch me go even more whole hog than ever! :smiley: Next time I report to this thread (if it’s still active), I will let you know. Is there a good flavor to try if you’re a relative rookie to this stuff? Or is it all good? (in which case I will spend way too much money I don’t have, mainly because I’ve been eating out too much in the past couple of weeks)

You, my dear, are a rank amateur.

Two litres? In a month? PWAH! :smiley:

And, I’m guessing, of non-superpremium ice cream. You’re probably eating something that actually has air in it. Not a solid rock of sugared butterfat like H-D or B&J.

Me, I’m actually not a big superpremium fan; there’s just a bit, um, too. To my mind, the proper form of ice cream is a chocolate malted, and trying to make one with a superpremium is damn close to impossible. It’s like trying to puree marble. I’m fond of Breyers Natural Vanilla (with specks), mint chocolate chip (which, praise god, is white, not artifical green), or coffee.

And I’ll toss down a half-gallon - two litres - in 4-5 days. Maybe a week, tops. I don’t do it often, mind you, but boy do I enjoy it when I do…

Oh, FlamsteretteX, how I would want to be in your shoes. To try Ben and Jerry’s for the first time. You are in for a treat.

I love the Funky Monkey (banana icecream with LARGE chunks of chocolate and wallnuts) but especially the Full Vermonty (maple ice cream with praline pecans and caramel).
Jummy !!!

I also adore the Totally nuts. Damn, we have to get more stores here in the Netherlands. Thank god my supermarket sells them.

You people are evil. Pure evil. After reading this thread yesterday, I went on the weekly grocery run…just needed milk, club soda, toilet paper, something for my son’s lunch…as I searched for the virtuous club soda, there was the ice cream aisle. Yes, I know I didn’t have to risk it all by venturing down there…alone…but I thought I was strong enough. Thought I could just get a quart of lime sherbet for the boy to inhale. But as I started down the aisle, I heard your words whispering in my head…“The Full Vermonty”…core of fudge…swirled with caramel…Ellen Cherry (okay, I know, but it could be a flavor)…and I decided just to see if my grocery stocked these creations. They were all there. $3.49 a pint. More than I should spend, and I’m sentenced to a low-fat diet…thought I could resist. But there, on the top right corner, was S’Mores…and it was low-fat. No problem, I thought. Low-fat Ice cream sucks. I can buy this, and eat this, and it will be so crappy that I’ll never be tempted again. So I did. And I did. And it was wonderful…incredible…I am now, truly, lost…and it’s all your fault.

I knew I should have spent the money on toilet paper.

Evil Dopers. Sniff…

The store does indeed sell seconds. Isn’t it grand? IIRC, though, the ones that are handed out at the end of tours are regular pints.

Great. Now I have to go get a dishcloth and wipe off my monitor.

Thanks for starting my day with a laugh, Eve.

B.

“How is the mystery illness? Any news?”

Hmmph. It’s been two weeks and it’s faded some, but I still have a big, very noticeable pink blotch on my face, and it still feels kinda hot and tingly. I’m trying to make an early-morning app’t. with yet another dermatologist, to get yet another opinion. Oh, well, I guess I could become a bitter, twisted recluse, except I gotta earn a living. How do bitter, twisted recluses get their errands done? Miss Havisham didn’t have to worry about laundry or dry-cleaning, but how did the Phantom of the Opera buy groceries and get to the library? At least Dracula could turn into a bat, or have his fly-eating minions drop off his videos . . .

By the way, I have been running every day. Problem is, my run usually takes me right by the 7-11, and, well, I DO have to stop in for some ice-creamy refreshment . . . The Full Vermonty IS good!

Chubby Hubby.

Accept no substitute.

mmmm… peanut butter filled chocolate covered pretzels in vanilla ice cream with a fudge ribbon…

Pah.

Massey’s Frozen Custard in Carlisle, PA is opening on April 20.

Now that’s good stuff.

Zap!