Dead bear draped in Obama signs dumped on campus

Seemed obvious to me that the message is at best “this (shooting in the head) is what someone should do to Obama” and at worst “this is what we’ll do to Obama.”

But I guess since not everyone is coming to this conclusion, it’s not that obvious.

I accuse Dwight Schrute.

I think it was James Capen Adams.

They shore showed them nigger-lovin hippies at that skoo, didn’t they?

From the folks that brought you Eric Rudolph, a fine example of what passes for political discourse.

Must have been referring to the bear market on Wall Street.

And giving their opinion that Obama metaphorically “shot” the bear market!

I totally just stole that for my signature.

Sheesh. Think about it, people: It’s a bear, right? And what’s the bear the traditional symbol of? Russia, and Communism. (Which we both know are one and the same.) So, killing the bear is a sign that the shooter was against Russian influences, and Communism. And then he labeled the bear with the Obama stickers to make it clear that he was doing his part to claim credit for Obama’s campaign, to prove that Barack Obama is in no way associated with Russia, or Communism.

And you can’t say that about Sarah Palin, now can you? She supports bears. She’s even said she can see Russia! She MUST be a crypto-Communist.

How dense can you be?

This post is not meant to be taken entirely seriously.

My only question is: Which CSI/Law and Order franchise will do this episode?

What, they couldn’t find a Panda Bear from Kansas?

Well if it was a CSI plot, then they’d take the bear to the morgue and find that it’s actually a dude in a costume and copious quantities of semen would be involved somehow.

So, you shot a bear in the head, wrapped it in Obama signs and dumped it off in front of a school in effigy to support your protest against Obama as president?

Dude.

You are so doing it wrong.

• I’ve got a crisp five dollar bill that says the people who did this can’t even spell effigy, let alone know what it means.

But … but … Conservatives think liberals have bad ideas; liberals think conservatives are bad people. It’s trite, so it must be true!

It’s the first thing that came to mind, actually.

Well, that’s what you get for shitting in the woods.

Why a bear cub though? Any animal would do, a stray dog, hell a freakin’ donkey would be moch more pointed.

A bear takes work to get but provides no association so it’s much more likely this was simply some fool out hunting that had a really stupid idea on the way home.

From the other thread:

It won’t, and it might very well get worse. The deep-seated hate McCain is fostering won’t soon be forgotten.

Keith Olbermann Special Comment 10/14/08

:confused: Is this politics, or performance art?!

(Yeah, I know, like there’s a difference . . .)

From the now closed other thread on this subject:

bold added

Gah! I’ll leave you to your silly politics, but please leave me the heck out of this. :eek:

Lemme get this straight-- Some yahoo illegally shoots a bear cub in the head and then thinks, “Hey, why don’t I drape this illegally shot black bear cub with Obama signs then ditch him on a campus lawn-- cuz that would be hee-larious!”

That’s what people are saying happened and that we should all feel better about the incident because this same yahoo didn’t leave his house thinking, “I know what I’m gonna do today. Illegally shoot a black bear cub in the head, dress him in Obama signs and then ditch him on a campus lawn-- cuz that would be hee-larious!”

Oh, and as someone in the other thread told me, I should take a deep breath and not be so upset about this. Because, since said yahoo didn’t leave his house thinking this shit up, it isn’t THAT bad. A black bear shot in the head, covered in Obama signs should lead anyone to believe there’s any message in that. Nooooo. Just a bunch of yokels havin a larf.