Dear kanicbird:

Elsewhere on the dope, in response to the question, "Why does child molestation happen, you write:

[bolding mine]

I am not sure why I’m bothering with this. You give every impression of being an impervious to both criticism and reason. But I feel the need to tell you what an ignorant, vile, repellent, vomitous fuckwit you are. Please find the nearest catbox and eat as much feline feces as you can without killing yourself.

Jackass.

God help me, on some level I understand that.

ETA: I mean Kanic… I kinda get it.

That’s what I was wondering when I opened this thread. At least we’re all clear on the fact that this is a waste of time.

Jim Jones meets Stuart Smalley. What’s not to like?

Be careful of the deodorizing crystals! Those won’t be good for you at all.

For clarity, the above is intended as a warning to kanicbird, when he carries out Skald’s instruction. We wouldn’t want him to harm himself, after all.

It’s kind of a gross, weird way to explain that perps were frequently perped upon themselves.

That’s easily managed without resorting to “soul ties.” :rolleyes:

Dude, Kanic is an insane person.
You might as well point out to the street preacher that the world isn’t really going to end on Thursday.

Yeah, ‘soul ties’ is killing me.

Weak mind finds primitive way to express a complicated, horrible, and inexplicable situation.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I have a friend who was sexually abused by a teacher, at a boarding school, from 3rd through 8th grades. He grew up with that experience as his only model for a sexual relationship. He found he had urges to relive the experience as the abuser, for a whole host of complicated reasons that make sense, on a strictly logical level, when you talk to him about all that he learned about himself in therapy. He never acted on the urges, and knowing him as well as I do I believe him when he tells me that 20-odd years of therapy has brought him to a place where he no longer has those urges. But talking to him has given me some insight on the subject I might never have had. And despite kanicbird’s cuckoo system of belief, at bottom he’s largely right about the motivation of some abusers.

That’s probably true of a lot of the stuff he says. He would be a lot less annoying if he didn’t feel the need to always include the weird religious bullshit in every post he makes.

I’m impressed, lissener. That’s exactly what I was thinking, It’s well known that abuse victims often get a warped sense of sexual urges, and wind up abusers themselves.

Kanicbird’s explanation is very close to what I would use to explain it to a person who does not understand the logical, but the spiritual.

It has been my observation that a lot things people call spiritual are the same as things that can be explained psychologically.

Well, if Kanicbird had made the explicit point that the child should feel no shame, maybe it wouldn’t have come off so hard, but maybe he assumes that of course the child should feel no shame, and that goes without saying.

The child should feel no shame, but often does, in no small part due to some people’s sick attitudes about sex…we project that onto our children. So it is no wonder they feel shame when the shouldn’t. But yeah, all of that craziness in Kanic’s post makes sense to me.

Oh, so it’s okay for ME to eat the deodorizing crystals?!?!@?! :mad:

I was venting.

That’s understandable. kanicbird has that effect on people.

Are soul ties like Twisty ties, or more like those weird heavy duty plastic things with the saw-tooth edges?

No, that’ll interfere with the feline soul ties.

This. I learned long ago not to engage in debate with some people . . . and this one especially.