Do rotary nose-hair trimmers actually work?

I just bought a “well-reviewed” one from Amazon, and it does not cut hair at ALL. I suddenly realized I have a half dozen of these things (two of them Panasonic-branded), and none did a decent job, and every single one of them stopping working after a short time. I’ve had a string of burr coffee grinders fail on me way too quickly, but I ascribed this to mere bad luck on my part. (I see there are other nose hair queries on the board but the most recent one is a decade old.)

10 years ago you could get really good ones, but they were strong enough to strip skin as well, and I think manufacturers erred too far on the side of caution. I have a Panasonic one that works, is safe, but it takes a lot longer to get things done.

Mine works, but I have to maneuver it around the nostril a few times and then drive it straight up the middle to get a successful trim. As noted, it takes longer to do the job, but it’s still better than scissors.

Yes, but do not bother with an electric one; get the little manual one made of nice stainless steel.

I concur- mine’s fantastic and doesn’t rip out my nose hairs as readily as the powered one I used to have.

My beard trimmer comes with a nose hair attachment and it works fine. Some old Norelco model.

I’ve been using this one for years, and really love it. Does a great job on nose and ears. I’ve tried a few others, and they didn’t work as well.

I’ve also learned something about them: do not clean the blade assembly with alcohol! It will destroy the blade in no time. Just clean it with water and the corner of a paper towel, and let it dry. Or forgo the water, and simply wipe them down with a Q-tip or corner of a paper towel.

Even with good care, they don’t last very long. I buy a new one about every four months.

I’ve finally had to resort to drastic measures to rein in my luxuriant crop of nose hair - waxing my nostrils. Melt five grams of wax in a cup, swirl around the little plastic applicator that came with the kit, jamb the resultant blob into the schnoz, then yank. Works like a charm, and not nearly as painful as I anticipated.

This has got to be a whoosh, right? Need answer fast, as I’m heating up some candle wax…

A propane torch is effective also. Avoid inhaling though.

Overkill. A wood kitchen match works just fine.

Ditto that. I don’t know the model but my Norelco trimmer has a few attachments, including a nose hair trimmer which is the best thing I’ve ever tried. No more poking myself with scissors or ripping out hairs with a shitty trimmer.

Not in the least. This is similar to the kit I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Applicators-Wokaar-Nostril-Painless-10-Mustache/dp/B07KJCTN47?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A1GX16NT0B11IG

Once I discovered Nose hair waxing, I’ve never looked back. Very easy to do - and it does not hurt as much as you may think. And a much cleaner, fresher, feel

You can buy the expensive wax kit : https://www.amazon.com/NADs-Nose-Wax-Men-Women/dp/B009GA5XVG

Or you can use microwaveable wax and popsicle sticks. Amazon.com

Neither have I…because I can’t see through all the tears.

:joy:
But seriously, give it try.

It’s a little known fact that nostril hair is attached to the back of your eyeballs.

My rotary trimmer works ok but doesn’t cut down as short as I’d like and I have to use it more often than desired.

I find burning them out with a butane lighter to be very effective and often painless

I tried a nose hair trimmer years ago, but didn’t like the resulting stubble. For a long time now my go-to solution for nostril hairs has been to attack them en masse with tweezers every couple of months or so. It’s an unpleasant task, but the resulting glabrosity can’t be beat.

I tried a nose-hair waxing kit once, but didn’t get good results. Since at least a couple of folks here are saying good things, maybe I need to give it a try again…

Jesus.