Do you get this picture?

Do you understand what this visual cartoon is referencing?

(I do, I just want to see if there’s anyone who sees it and goes “huh?”)

Yes.

An oldie but a goodie!

It’s a joke about rhymes for “door hinge.” :smiley:

It took me a few seconds when I saw it the other day, but then I got it. Probably only got it because I have little kids.

I saw it on George Takei’s page. Can someone explain it? Kids these days…

Knock Knock
Who’s there?
Banana
Banana who?

Knock Knock
Who’s there?
Banana
Banana who?

Knock Knock
Who’s there?
Banana
Banana who?

Knock Knock
Who’s there?
Orange
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn’t say banana again?

How many get this picture? It took me a while - https://dov5cor25da49.cloudfront.net/products/462/636x460design_01.jpg

it took me a few seconds, mostly because I thought the last thing was a coconut at first. When I realized it was an orange I got it.

That one I got right away, I didn’t get the banana one until you explained it above.

Yup. We once mailed my sister a whole bunch of birthday cards with bad jokes. The last one said “orange ya glad this is the last card?”

Sorry, I still don’t get either picture. Maybe it’s the pain meds?

Without looking at other responses:

It’s an old knock-knock joke.

Second one: nothing rhymes with orange, so he’s sad.

The first one is a succession of bad knock-knock jokes that kids love, where they repeat “knock-knock, who’s there, banana, banana who” three times and end with “orange, orange who, orange (aren’t) you glad I didn’t say banana?” It’s like a kid’s first “shaggy dog” joke.

The second is rhymes - nothing rhymes with orange so the orange is crying.

Thanks for humoring the woman-on-pain-meds-whose-brain-doesn’t-work.

Door hinge? :smiley:

That makes me sad.

:slight_smile:

No, I did NOT get it because it looks more like a cookie to me! It’s sort of brown-ish, not orange… and I don’t have kids.

OP, where did you find the knock knock image - is it on a t-shirt? My 7-yo daughter would go nuts for it.

I think she would go bananas for it.