Doper Confessions

My name is pbbth and I have a few confessions to make.

1.) Any time I park a car in a parking lot or see someone else parking a car in a parking lot I think to myself, “Remember, we’re parked in the Itchy Lot.” Every. Single. Time.

2.) I find joy in watching men check out my cleavage. I specifically wear low cut tops and bras that give me incredible cleavage when I am going out and about just for this purpose.

3.) I would rather read a trashy romance or suspense novel than a newspaper. I still read the newspaper and pay attention to current events but every time I am reading about the war in Iraq or the latest news in the presidential race I think to myself, “You know what would be better than this? Stephen King or Nora Roberts.”

Ahhh, I feel much better now that I have confessed. Your turn!

1. This…
  1. I actively feel sorry for pregnant women. I hated being pregnant. Love The Kiddo, but hated, hated, hated being pregnant.

2. Hi Opal!

I hate men looking at my cleavage or my ass (they can check out my legs or tell me I’m pretty all day long).

What in hell is “itchy lot” and is it supposed to be funny? It sounds painful. :slight_smile:

I’d rather read murder mysteries than almost anything else (except when I get sick of them). I’d rather waste time online than about anything else, as well.

I, too, hated, hated, hated being pregnant. The first 5 months are grand–after that, I was counting the hours. Ugh. Never again–Yay!

I think “fuck you” to a lot of drivers out there. And to some posts here (the Dope, not this thread).

In the episode of The Simpsons where they go to Itchy and Scratchy Land and they park the car in the Itchy Lot. There are two parking lots at Itchy and Scratchy Land, both huge and difficult to navigate, so remembering which lot they are parked in is useless.

Ah.

Another confession: I have never seen the Simpsons. Not once. Ever.

An admirable attitude. But I actively and specifically avoid looking at cleavage that is obviously on display. Just like a Porsche, or other expensive / “hot” car - I refuse to give you the satisfaction of acknowledgment.

Joe

I hate the Simpsons, I hate Lord of the Rings, and I hate all science-fiction literature, and I do not consider J.G. Ballard and Harlan Ellison to be science fiction, I consider them to be surrealist. I also hate Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I’ve never drank a Red Bull. I have no clue what it tastes like. At this point, I think it’s sort of a life mission to never find out.

Me too! Don’t see the appeal at all.

I’m gay and for all my joking around about that automatically meaning that I have both fashion and decorating style, I don’t. I don’t dress like a slob (well, most of the time) and my house is decently furnished and decorated but I have no clue as to the latest trends in fashion and decor. Even though I have a real fondness for buying shirts. I buy what I like not caring whether or not it’s the latest, hotest, most must have thing.

I like plain old everyday beer and plain old everyday coffee. Sure sometimes it’s good to have a beer from a fancy microbrewery or have a high falutin’ coffee drink, but here in the cave, it’s plain old beer and coffee.

I’m southern and I really prefer unsweetened iced tea. This is considered heresy.

There. I’ve bared my soul. Happy? :smiley:

I just completed my degree in Computer Science, but I’ve never drunk coffee, tea or anything else with caffeine(other than the occasional cola). That always shocked the people I met at the university.

I’m not a big fan of “art” films, nor have I read most of the Dope required reading. I did read the Illiad, The Odyssey, and The Inferno for fun, though.

You are dead to me.

You, too.

Red Bull tastes like somebody took a whole bunch of SweeTarts (way, way too many) and melted them in a glass of carbonated water. Or, as I call it, “SweeTarts and ass.” You aren’t missing anything.

Hmm…confession. I’m probably the only geek on earth who’s never seen *Firefly *or Serenity, and doesn’t want to.

I can’t stand *Seinfeld *or Friends.

I don’t like wine, beer, or most other alcoholic beverages. Or coffee.

waving torch “BURN THE HERETIC!!!” I don’t like sweet tea either, but then, I mostly grew up in Texas, where that was the norm.

I have never seen a full episode of Friends, which is heretical for somebody my age. And I like it that way. I hate almost all sitcoms.

ETA: Hey, I’m not the only one! And we post at the same time!

I despoilered the above quote because I felt there was no legitimate reason for it to be in a spoiler box. That’s an example of my wholly unearned arrogance, which I’m now confessing to.

I like using the phrase “a whole nother”, even though I know it’s wrong.

I have superstitious fears in spite of having zero belief in the supernatural. I don’t believe in God, but I also don’t talk about getting a new car while I’m driving my truck – as if my truck will hear and begin acting up.

Horrified gasp, faints over like Aunt Pittypat

I don’t drink soda. I lost my taste for it when I was pregnant with my son, nearly 20 years ago. I find the carbonation too harsh on my tongue.

I have never had anything from a Starbucks.

I can not stand either the smell or taste of sea food, wine, strawberry, or mint.

I prefer most beverages to be room temperature or hot. Beer can be chilled, but not really cold. Soda needs to have about 80% of the carbonation gotten out to make it drinkable.

I say things like “ATM machine” and “PIN number” and will continue to do so!

I’ve never had a Red Bull or a Zima and don’t regret that one bit

I like the Marx Brothers but cannot stand the Three Stooges

I have crushes on Alton Brown and Scott Bakula

and worst of all

I’m not a natural redhead.

I hardly ever read a real book anymore. My secret shame is reading fanfiction. A lot of it. And the subjects I read are the pairing of Severus Snape with Hermione Granger, the Stargate SG1 pairing of Jack and Sam, and the Star Trek Enterprise pairing of Trip and T’pol

I think my confession here is done. Is someone offering penance and whatnot? Some rosaries?

Me too. I started a thread on the yumminess that is Alton Brown. And I loved Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap. Oh boy…