Election snacks!

I decided that for Tuesday I’d rather do some easy finger food than actually cook, so I can watch the tube with the rest of the household horde. So far the only thing I can think of is spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips, which is always a hit. I’ve been having a wicked craving for some Buffalo wings, but that’s far too much work at the fryer.

I will of course also be making pie. Three kinds. That’s easy enough to do early in the day.

What kind of election snacks are other Dopers having? I could use some inspiration. :slight_smile:

Elephant ears and donkey tails? White elephants and donkey punch?

Do NOT serve Oreos.

Chicago dogs?

My son’s Halloween candy. (He got five pounds. He got more than we bought to give away.

Apple pie, blueberry pie, fried chicken, sliced tomatoes, mashed 'taters, cream gravy, itsy-bitsy cinnamon rolls, mini corn dogs, mac’n’cheese, guacamole, con queso, spinach dip, artichoke dip, that chick pea garlic stuff, pita wedges, corn chips, Ruffle and boatloads of booze, just in case.

I’m expecting 8 Dems and 3 Obama 'Pubs:eek:

:eek: I don’t think I’ll be serving that, either.

MadPansy64, I wanna eat at your house.

ETA: I just asked the dude what he wants. He said beer. Well that’s easy enough, I guess!

If you’re hoping for an Obama win, Hawaiian food (Spam musubi is a finger food, isn’t it?) with some Indonesian snacks for variety. Substitute Southwestern and Panamanian cooking if you’re hoping for a McCain win. :stuck_out_tongue:

Rather have another term of Bush than either (though an inanimate object would be better still), so it’s more farewell than welcome. Thus a six-pack of Shiner should do.

I can’t say I hold the same sentiment, but I always look forward to sharing a beer with friends, and hope we do so soon. Cheers, Paladud!

Rye. Lots and lots of rye. I’ll either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows.

Joe the plum tomatoes.

Crackers with wealth spread.

Roguefort cheese.

Cheese fundie-du.

Yes we candy.

And of course: meatballs.

We’re doing fondue and champagne. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to combine sharp skewers, hot cheese and alcohol on what may well be a highly emotionally charged night, but I’ve been promising everyone I’d do fondue for a while now and I can’t get out of it any longer.

Just put out bread and water on the table, and then, every time Obama wins a state, suddenly yell, “CHANGE!” and start bringing out the good stuff. Then, if things go as expected, end the evening with the sound of popping corks coming from the kitchen.

By the way, we will get the “good stuff” by sneaking into MadPansy64’s kitchen while they are all in the other room.

Sadly, I have to teach a class from 6:00 PM to 11:30 PM that night, so by the time I get home, my snack will have the word Miller written on the label.

Cheers!

Flag cake – pan cake w/ white frosting with rasberries and blueberries to make a flag

Or flag cupcakes - draw a flag with icing

Brian

Maybe instead of spinach in the dip, use arugula.

Also, pigs in a blanket, with ketchup for lipstick!

I am reading this thread and weeping. After backsliding on my workout and diet plan (that I stuck to for over a year, go me!), I gained some weight back. So now I’m on a serious “put down the fork” diet and joined a fitness bootcamp so I can look good in Hawaii & Belize.

You all suck. My election day snack will be justice and a pear.

Two bags of Snickers fun sized, a bag of tortillas, and a jar of salsa con queso with diet coke to wash it all down. Maybe some microwaveable chow mein.

Tomorrow is the 19th anniversary of the day my wife and I first met. I’ll be making a nice dinner with Filet Mignon, maybe some Tiramisu for dessert. And of course some bubbly for the big moment.

The justice will (hopefully) be much sweeter than anything I could concoct. And I make a darn fine pie, if I do say so myself.

After elections I’m going back to eating my chicken breasts and rabbit food, lest my doctor smite me. I think she has those powers.

ETA: Happy Anniversary,** An Arky**! The dude and I have our wedding anniversary on Sunday.