EVIL WILL WHEATON ALERT--The Big Bang Theory 11/11--"The 21-Second Excitation"

Can someone spoil the final scene with Amy & Penny for me? As usual, my DVR cut out ahead of time, and its not up on cbs.com, though they do have the scene with Amy explaining the irregularities in her girl parts. Thanks!

Was I the only one who thought that by the time the audience is seated, the movie would have been removed from the shipping cases and be loaded up on the projector? (In other words, Sheldon probably stole empty cases.)

I still say it’s out of character for Amy Farrah Fowler to pursue just the one sort of sexual experimentation. But it makes for a good joke, so the writers put it in.

Didn’t Amy Farrah Fowler participate in sex research? That would make me think she is not as completely asexual as others make it out. Plus, she is intimately aware of her sexual organs and their oddities (tilted uterus and hard cervix). Plus, she may be perfectly comfortable with sexual gratification without the pair-bonding aspect (i.e. masturbation).

Yes she did. Extensive sex research. She is not unfamiliar with what she’s got and how it rocks.

Howard and Raj are definitely married. Maybe not legally, maybe not consciously, but they’ve pair-bonded.

Just don’t tell Raj, or he’ll lose his translator. >_>

I thought it was a homage to the opening of Raiders when Indy gets chased by the crowd of natives. Given what you write about the movie theater name, that can’t be a coincidence so I guess it was a reference layered on a reference.

Definitely layered. Sheldon’s comment about not having a pontoon plane handy when you need one makes the chase an homage to “Raiders” as well.

Oh, completely. It was nearly shot for shot, the way you only see the heroes at first, then Wil in the Belloq role calling after Sheldon, then hordes of natives pouring after them. Dead-on.

Amy wasn’t experimenting with lesbianism because she has an interest in sexuality, she did it because it was “next on the list.” If it had been “giving each other a facial” she would’ve gone with that.

I still don’t think Sheldon would’ve stole a movie. I have just finished season one and half way through season two and every time Sheldon does anything even remotely dishonest or wrong, it’s because he thinks he is helping someone. Such as breaking in and cleaning Penny’s flat or cracking the computer store’s system so he can help the customers that are obviously being neglected. In those cases he thinks he is HELPING them.

The way Amy is delivering lines is exactly how Jim Parsons used to deliver his lines.

When Penny and Sheldon are together it works, 'cause Penny will HELP him and try to talk to him. The guys just blow him off with “I can’t deal with him.” Well if the characters can’t deal with him, how is the audience supposed to.

When the characters are in the lunch room and Sheldon is shrieking, it gives the writers an opportunity for jokes or amusement. The others just react by being annoyed. Penny would react by responding and giving the Sheldon character a chance to say something funny. So basically we’re left with the set up but no punchline

The series started out, take four geniuses and have them have no social skills. Then put them in situations where it’s the social skills that count, not the brains. Typical fish out of water, with hillarious results.

I laughed so hard when Amy is asked a truth or dare and she wants to know if Penny knows how hot you have to heat something to denude the prion that causes Mad Cow Disease. That is something that Sheldon would’ve said.

I know it’s not a popular thing to be critical of Sheldon, but the girls simply stole this episode from the guys. And they did it by behaving the way the guys used to act.

Scene from Chez FallenAngel last night:

(Amy finishes the recitation.)

FA: Cool. She’s reciting Chaucer in the Middle English

Mrs. FA (in disbelief as Amy confirms): You are such a friggin’ geek.

Wil Wheaton is always great playing his evil self! He needs to appear at least once per season. He really rattles Sheldon down to the core, doesn’t he?

Best line of the night: “I’m not sure how this is scored, but I’d guess we won.”

I think she actually asked Bernadette, who is a biologist (if I remember correctly) and could reasonably be expected to know that.

Ya know, I just went a whole 'nother direction with that.

AboutAsWeirdAsYouCanGet - Blazing Saddles hadn’t occured to me, but I see what you mean. “It’s HEDLEY!”

You’re not the only one - as soon as I heard “Absolon” and “Nicholas”, I said to myself, “Miller’s Tale!” One of the few things I retain from high school is the first fourteen lines of the Prologue to The Canterbury Tales - you know, the “Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote…” I still love reciting it, just for the sound of the Middle English. By the way, for those of you wondering, the “nether ye” is what we would call “the brown-eye”.
I thought the episode was meh, overall. Not really impressed. The only really good moment was Bernadette ambushing Penny about her feelings for Leonard. The more I watch the show, the more I think that Penny is the heart of it. And Kaley Cuoco is just such a great comic actress.

Yes, exactly. And by the same token, the next thing on the list in her relationship with Sheldon would be [del]coitus[/del] sex. In one case, she hews exactly and precisely to what (she thinks) social convention would expect of her; in the other, she conspicuously avoids it.

I think Sheldon and Amy have considered themselves so far removed from social convention that the idea of following it within their particular…whatever it is…is laughable to them. Amy was following social convention in order to bond with the girls during “Girls’ Night Out” simply because it would make her more palatable to Sheldon’s acquaintances.

My first thought was the Blazing Saddles scene.

She’s a girl. She’s a friend. She is not his “girlfriend.”