EVIL WILL WHEATON ALERT--The Big Bang Theory 11/11--"The 21-Second Excitation"

When one of the guys mentioned that the additional 21 seconds of footage might clear up the submarine question, I assumed that this was referring to the question of how Indy rode on the outside of that submarine until they arrived at the island. And I was surprised that Penny didn’t like the movie. Raiders of the Lost Ark has much more broad appeal than some of the other movies that they could have geeked over.

Nope - I thought the same thing (not only taken out of the cases, but put into one long strip instead of ~8 smaller ones)

Brian

Raiders of the Lost Ark is as much a guy flick as Eat Pray Love is a chick flick.

I just ran across this picture (Craig Ferguson with the BBT boys)) and I thought you guys might appreciate it. :slight_smile:

I kinda liked how Leonard was reading Eat Pray Love while waiting in line for Raiders.

Average episode. Nice variation with the boy/girl division, but the guys are together all the time, and only now is there more than one female regular (I assume Amy and Bernadette will be around for a while.

Anyone else think Sheldon and Penny should be together? They’re the pair that actually care about each other.

Evil Wil Wheaton is is all over Seasons 3 and 4 of “The Guild” if you like Evil Wil Wheaton.

The story of Kaley’s broken leg - I knew she broke it, I didn’t know she BROKE it! They were talking amputation! :eek:

Friends please forgive my ignorance as I am new to the show, why is Wil Wheaton known as Evil Wil Wheaton? What is the back story of his character is he playing himself, or something else?

He’s playing himself. If he were evil. He’s become Sheldon’s arch-enemy. He’s the one who broke Leonard and Penny up - not to mess with them, but to mess with Sheldon.

Because he has a beard, of course…

Kaley just posted a pic of herself on Twitter, playing table tennis. So it looks like she is mobile again.

I have to wonder if Mayim had any input into Amy’s talk about lady parts. She’s very crunchy in real life, and probably knows all about cervix texture and so forth.

Also, my favorite exchange was:

Penny: “No, you ask her something personal, something embarrassing.”
Amy: “Ah. What is the circumference of your areolas?”

(Of course, the correct answer would be one of two things: 1. "Erect or relaxed? or 2. “I don’t know - whenever I try to measure, it changes!”)

Come to think of it, I’m surprised she didn’t say “areolae”. Amy seems exactly the sort of person who would say “stadia” and “indices”, and complain if people used “data” and “media” as singular nouns.

He’s playing himself, but in a universe where he is a dick instead of a stand up fellow. So far, he’s tricked Sheldon into losing a contest by pretending his grandmother had died, and also tricked our cast into losing a bowling game by convincing Penny to break up with Leonard. Although he has dicked over everyone in one way or the other, Sheldon is the only one who has taken it personally and decided to hold a grudge, making him his arch-nemesis.

I remember that the whole thing started when Sheldon already had a grudge against Wil because of Wil not showing up at some Star Trek convention Sheldon had attended for the sole purpose of seeing Wheaton. Wheaton said it was because his grandmother had died, leading Sheldon to feel sorry for him and make a dumbass move in whatever game they were playing, at which point Wheaton revealed his duplicity.

It was in The Creeping Candy Coating Corollary, according to Wil’s Wikipedia page.

Evil Wil Wheaton is so cool. So much better than that Crusher kid.

All the more curious in this episode when Sheldon insulted him by saying he’d only be invited to a con if he agreed to help set up (or whatever the exact insult was).

…with Raj!

Yes, and Bernadette poised herself to answer the question.