Expressions I hate

Anal Gland Expressions

“Price point”

Yeah, that one makes my skin crawl. I like to reply as scornfully and inarticulately as possible.

“At this juncture of maturation”, an expression meaning “now”. Used by Al Haig. I guess this isn’t actually a popular expression, but it’s still an expression I hate. I only use it for sinister purposes.

“In a forward going way”, an expression meaning we stipulate we will not use time travel. I don’t get the utility.

I’m with previous posters on “curated” and “influencer.” Every time I hear “influencer,” I think of some narcissistic twerp who wasn’t even a zygote when I was in college, taking selfies in front of products and thinking anybody else other than their fellow narcissistic twerps should give a damn what they think.

Also, “circle back.” Ugh. I hate corp-speak in general.

A friend forty some years ago told me there was an Arabic word that sounds like “malish”. It means “it does not matter” and is often used in situations where we might say “I’m sorry”. For example, if somebody accidentally drops your camera in the Nile, he might shrug and say “malish”.

I’m not sure if this is accurate. If anybody knows any better please correct me. Otherwise, no problem, it is what it is, no worries.

“Aren’t I?”

“Go woke, go broke.”

“bro’s before ho’s”

“Not in my wheelhouse.”

Raises the bile because it is so imprecise. There’s a big difference between being unable to do something, being unauthorized to do something, being forbidden to do something, and just being a …who refuses to do something because you like the feeling of power.

You are who you are.

Oh, absolutely. I might even go so far as to say:

And not just another lovely lady
Set out to break my heart.

Thanks, glad I’m not the only one! It’s a genuinely useful truism, and sometimes, some folks get hung up on what they WISH the situation should be, that they don’t move on and deal with it as it is.

Oof. “No problem!” is one of my go-to responses; after all, my time is valuable, so if somebody thanks me for doing something for them, or asks me if I can do something for them, then it seems like it fits… not for everyone, apparently!

Well, shit. There’s another one.

I like this one, mainly because Charlie McCoy said he played the harmonica part on Obviously Five Believers because it wasn’t “in (Dylan’s) wheelhouse.” Being a polite way of saying Bobby didn’t have the chops.

Here’s a superhero comic chock-full of annoying business expressions.

Away!

my lived experience…

Why not just say my experience

Ok you’re right. But I have used these two expressions interchangeably. I appreciate you clarification.

“Ya know what I’m sayin’?”

“Because I said so.”

No, really, why?? Saying this just shows you aren’t worth listening to. Why should I listen to you if you haven’t a reason?