Favorite Alcoholic Beverage/Appetizer

Where to start.

OK.
Alcohol:
Pink Squirrels (has amaretto and milk and something else)
Midori sours (YUM! very sweet)
Good margaritas either lime (the regular kind) or stawberry. I have not found a good margarita north of Austin. They really taste different down there for some reason.
Beer:
A good dark beer. Dos Equis dark is delicious although I have not found it up here.

Appetizers:
Chips and queso. (sometimes I will also make the tortilla chips. Yes, I can do that from scratch.)
Queso is basically a small block of velveeta, a can of rotel tomatoes, extra jalapenos or chilequiles, 1/4 - 1/2 chopped red onion, and cilantro to taste. Put in a microwave and nuke until everything is hot and the cheese is melted. For creamier taste and texture add a touch of milk or cream. YUM! I could live on that.
Quesadillas. I could live on these too.
Guacamole, chunky style not smooth. No I don’t use sour cream when I make it.
Now I want to go back to Texas because then I would not have to make it to get it to taste “right”.

HUGS!
SC

“People’s Poet don’t die, we’ll kill ourselves if you do, but first we’ll take off all our clothes.” The Young Ones

SqrlCub, thanks for the recipe! sounds yummy. Gotta love a man that can cook :wink:

Margaritas are another favorite drink of mine, though I like them on the rocks, not frozen.

Here’s a pretty good margarita recipe I whipped up in my old bartending days. It makes a nice frozen margarita without all the extra ice (water).

24 ozs. of Cuervo Gold
16 ozs of Rose’s Lime Juice
8 ozs. of a good Triple Sec
2 ozs. Lemix brand sour mix
Juice from three medium limes
You may add strawberry mix or other flavors to taste.

Shake them all together in a watertight container. Put it in a very cold freezer for at least 24 hours. It takes about that long for it to become slushy and for an added benefit they become very smooth after the flavors mingle.

Serve in a martini glass with a salted rim.
Delicious.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Unclebeer, if I made it and let it sit in the frig a bit, and then put it over ice, would that taste good too?

Beer. Old Style actually.

For appetizers, cheese bread. It’s sharp cheddar cheese shredded, chopped onions and a pinch of A1 steak sauce mixed with mayonnaise, spread on bread, and baked till melty. Yes, melty is a technical cooking term. Honest.

“When I was seventeen…I had a very good beer…”

• Homer Simpson

Sure, that’s fine with me. I will tell you though, if you like the margaritas from the chain “Mexican” restaurants, you probably won’t like these. They’ve got a bit of a kick.

Cheers.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

Nope, I like the real margaritas. Or at least, as real as I’ve been able to taste.

Favorite alcohol: Pretty much anything with vodka. Straight, on the rocks, with tonic, whatever. (Actually, I recently discovered an interesting drink called a “Glacier Mint.” 1-1/2 oz. vodka, 1-1/2 oz. citrus-flavored vodka, 3/4 oz. Creme de Menthe. Woo!)

Favorite appetizer: Fried mushrooms, or one of those “Blooming Onion” thingies.

Favorite drink: I’ll have to jump on the margarite pile (1.5 oz hornitos tequila, .75 oz lime juice, .75 oz cointreau). Some close runners up are sidecars, gimlets, manhattans, true daquiris. Oh, and any porter or stout.

Gotta have the buffalo wings when out drinking beer. I don’t know how I managed to survive before I got hooked on this combination.

“Eppur, si muove!” - Galileo Galilei

I’m not usually much of a liquor drinker, but one of my friends introduced me to the unholy combination of bourbon and cream last weekend. WOW. (Of course, it WAS four in the morning and we were standing around in the woods shivering, so I don’t know if it would be as good under other circumstances…)

Favorite beers: Bass, Newcastle, Pete’s (most flavors), Saranac black ‘n’ tans.

Wine: anything red, under $10, and without a screw top.

Appetizer: Kalamata olives. Or smoked salmon and cream cheese (don’t bother about the bagels, please).

Beverage: 1 1/2 shots of Evan Williams 90 proof bourbon, in six ounces of Diet Pepsi.
Appetizer: Lay’s salt-and-vinegar chips.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

Margarita, with salt on the rim.

Or, for a girly drink, a drink called “Dark Side of the Moon” which is kahlua, creme de cacoa, and amaretto, blended with half and half and ice. Tastes like a milk shake but knocks you on your butt fast.

Favorite appetizers: nacho chips with Santa Barbara salsa, potato skins, or artery stopping sausage-cheese dip: (3/4 package Velveeta, 1/2 pound spicy sausage, 1 container drained Hot Salsa all nuked together. Mmm mmm)

No one here sounds like they’d put up with any crap regarding their drinking, but in case you ever need any ammunition, try this: http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc99/10_2_99/food.htm It’s one more of many such studies.

Favorite recipe? Good lord, how to choose? What has been your favorite sunset? The favorite week of your life? I mean, Quality is important, but so is Variety!

For those of you with bartending experience, please help. I have a couple of recipes I I’ve invented - at least, I’ve never seen or heard of them elsewhere, but then we all know about cocktail recipes - BUT, they need work. Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Tequola
1 shot Tequila
1/2 shot Triple Sec
favorite cola
ice

I have cousins who swear by this one; it’s the only thing they let me make them at the family parties (they were previously rum&coke drinkers, so it’s not like it’s a highbrow drink or anything). For MY taste it’s too sweet. I’ve tried a bit of lime juice, but it didn’t go with the coke. Angostura Bitters, perhaps? Or “sour,” whatever that is? (This was loosely inspired by L.I. Iced Tea and margaritas.)

Aubrey Rose - in honor of my gin-drinking grandfather
Tanquerey gin
CranRaspberry juice

The first time I made this, it was GREAT. I’ve never reproduced it properly, leading me to suspect that I just needed something with gin at that time. This recipe also seems to be missing a little something, but it’s more subtle than in the case of the Tequola.

Everyone should feel free to use and improve these recipes - but please, keep the names. (I know that sounds like a small thing, but what the hell.)

I’m not very disriminating when it comes to food, so I’ll stick to the drink category. I’m a beer lover. My favorites, in no particular order:

Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout (chewy)

Devil Mountain Five Malt Ale (best when I want several)

St. Simon’s Brewing Company’s Black Oyster Stout (Just visited the island this weekend and they are out of business, I cried.)

Guinness draught.

Mixed drink: Johnnie Walker black & Coke.

Appetizer: chicken fingers & fries.

I know you understand what you heard me say, but what you don’t understand is what I said is not necessarily what I meant.

Ok favortite drink is a good Kamikaze. Vodka and Lemon liquer or a lemon twist. I base a good restaurant on a good even Kamikaze, Not to bitter, not too strong. Sorta like a Martini.

Appitizers? Well anything wiith the word “volcanic” in it. I have yet to top Mama Legebete’s Cajun Buffulo wings. They had me crying they were so hot and absolutely delish.

And if you want to blow your friends away with a KILLER appetizer

6 layer mexi dip

Get a flat square cooking pan and spread these in layers:

1 can of black beans
1 block of shredded chedder cheese
1 bowl of guacamole dip (with cayenne pepper)
1 can of refried beans
Pico de Gallo (optional)
1 bowl of sour cream
1 block of shredded guoda or more chedder cheese
(options: diced tomato,black olives, crushed tortilla chips)
Now put in fridge for a hour and serve with chips. Absolutely the best dip you will ever have but make sure to not add liquid on liquid so as to keep the layers

I’ve never had a full drink of any alcoholic bevearage ('cept wine here at home) since i’m a year short of being able to bar hop, but I have tasted a few drinks and here they are:

-Midori Sour (I like this the best, everyone I know LOVES these, my bro’s fiancee wants this at her wedding)
-Kamikaze (Well I lie, I have actually had a full glass of this). I must say it’s pretty damn good.
-Various liquors I like the taste of are: Southern Comfort, Amaretto, flavored Vodkas, Rum.

Have any of you ordered a “blow job” before? My brother’s fiancee has and she told me the bartender made her drink it by having her put her lips around the shot glass, tipping it into her mouth, and then putting the shot glass back on the bar without using her hands. It’s an event, since the bartender calls the bar patrons around to watch.

Appetizers: Lumpia (Philippine style egg rolls), Sushi, Nachos (with the fake cheese :)), Corn tortillas cut up with cheese and salsa on them.

And, here’s the Midori sour recipe (one of them):

Midori Sour

Ingredients:
-3 oz Midori melon liqueur
-1 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix
Directions:
-Stir over ice.

That’s the whole point of a Blowjob, friend. You don’t buy it to get drunk; it’s purely an attention-getter.

Favorite Drinks:
Midori Sour (on the rocks, not blended)
Lemon Drop
Margaritas (with salt on the rim)

Appetizers:
Stuffed jalapeños
Shrimp cocktail
Buffalo Wings (especially from Chuy’s!)
Artichoke and Spinach Dip

And hey…can I join the slumber party? I make a killer Super Bowl dip!

At my friend Alycia’s bachelorette party, we made her do a blowjob shot from in between some guy’s legs.