Favorite Drinks?

So what’s everyone’s favorite drinks? As in, mixed drinks or booze. Beer & wine are probably better left to threads of their own.

Mine? I’m partial to the following drinks (recipes on request):

Hemingway Daiquiri (Papa Doble) My current favorite.
Mojito (real, with mint & fresh lime juice; no mix)
French 75
Sazerac
None but the Brave

I also like some simpler stuff:

Whiskey/whisky on the rocks
Gin & Tonic / Gin & Bitter Lemon

Right now I’m sipping a glass of Old Bardstown bourbon, neat. But if I’m in a cocktail mood, then I go for :

The Platonic Manhattan

2 measures Russell’s Reserve Rye
1/2 measure sweet vermouth
4 dashes Angostura bitters

Pour ingredients over ice and stir. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with three maraschino cherries.

White Russians.

I’m not much of a cocktail drinker, but in the summer I do enjoy gin & tonics, salty dogs, and gin gimlets. Which is weird, since I’m not a huge fan of gin on its own, but all three of my summer drinks are gin-based.

I also enjoy a proper Old Fashioned made with rye, sugar cube, bitters, and soda water from time to time. And, if there’s a cheap scotch I’m not so fond of on its own, scotch & soda.

edit: Oh, and margaritas. Or even daiquiris. On the rocks, though, of course. None of that frozen stuff for me. And I do like micheladas, too, both the tomato/clamato versions and the ones without (but with hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lime and beer.)

I order vodka tonics if I’m at a gathering and want to be classy. Godfathers aren’t bad either. And I do love me a good margarita, on the rocks, with salt on the rim.

This time of the year, Irish Coffees. In fact, any coffee with booze added to it is good in the wintertime, but Irish is my particular favorite.

Party-drink wise, I’m prone to Bloody Caesars or Screwdrivers, unless there’s Stout or Porter to be had.

Right now, a shot of Bailey’s and a shot of Amaretto over ice. I don’t know if it has a name.

When I’m in the mood for a cockta

Before noon: Absolut Peppar Bloody Marys (Buffalo Wild Wings makes a gooood one).

Afternoon, sitting in the clubhouse after a round of golf: scotch neat.

Evening: gin martini, straight up and dirty.

A Bombay Blue Sapphire Martini

• extra extra dry
  • Straight up
  • Two Momma Rapp’s Queen Olives stuffed with Jalpeno and garlic

I’m making one tonight, two if the Bubbapup shows up to watch LOST with me

I can’t drink much alcohol any more and mostly have a glass of Pinot Grigio or the dreaded white zinfandel. But in summer I like gin and tonic or vodka and tonic. In winter, I’ll take a Black or White Russian, please. Or a pina colada. (I do like scotch on the rocks, but haven’t had it in years. I last had some horribly expensive single malt when I had scotch and was amazed how smooooooth it was.)

Mudslides, mojitos, and pina coladas top my list. Those taste the best, but my classic go-to drink when I don’t want anything fancy is a gin and tonic. Although legalsnugs’s drink sounds fantastic and I must try that now.

Gin and tonics in the summer are wonderful, and I am not much of a gin person myself. Lately my winter mixed drink of choice has been Bailey’s and chocolate milk, which I am sure has a name, but I can’t find it anywhere.

I will admit to liking a daiquiri now and then, although it is distinctly un-manly.

Single malt scotch. Lagavulin’s a favourite, Oban and Bruichladdich put out some interesting whiskies too. Campfires and leather, a bit of pepper, yum.

Normally, gin and tonic.
Right now, a hot buttered rum would really hit the spot.

Scotch and soda, especially single malt. (I have some Glenfiddich in the liquor cabinet right now.)

Gin and tonic. (Bombay Sapphire is my favorite brand.)

Margarita.

Mai Tai and Singapore Sling if I’m doing something touristy with the wife.

Ah, I thought we were talking about mixed drinks. A good glass of scotch, neat or with just a few drops of water, is my first choice on most occasions.

Just had my first at New Year.

Seriously contemplating alcoholism now. The Dude has a lot to answer for.

For several years I’ve drunk gin and tonics because that’s what my grandmother liked - I drank 'em for her and then realized I don’t tend to drink them as fast and get wasted because they’re a little bitter. Now that she’s dead I order them for her memory, samurai movie style. Except I don’t pour 'em out - I drink 'em down.

it’s awesome to see so many g&t fans out there.

Grayhound - half grapefruit juice (non sugared), half Vodka (Stolichnaya)

The vodka tones down the grapefruit and the grapefruit tones down the vodka, I wouldn’t drink either any other way.