FBI Search and Seizure at Trump's Mar-A-Lago Residence (August 8, 2022)

Me asking myself “What’s the worst this news implies?” This works very well with Trump, hell, using this method I predicted the coup just 6 days after the 2020 election.

Well, you’d think it would need to be something more serious that just not returning stuff to the National Archive in itself. But is this just a guess?

Fox News right now: (I have it on mute)

TWO-TIERED SYSTEM OF JUSTICE: TRUMP RAIDED, WHILE HUNTER BIDEN STILL NOT CHARGED FOR DODGY DEALINGS.

At least they’re acknowledging the raid. That’s something, I guess.

That implies that they are conceding that Trump engaged in dodgy dealings.

MSNBC guest points out that this charge, if substantiated, precludes being president. ETA: It sounds like the restriction may be on holding any federal office.

A Watergate expert ridicules TFG’s comparison.

I laughed hard

No, Trump is being raided on nonexistent charges dreamed up by political foes to discredit him, while the evil mastermind Hunter Biden is being covered up for so his deep reaching payola scheme involving his father isn’t revealed.

Interesting theory just floated, that they may be going for disqualifying trump from running for office.

That would put out the 2024 fire and give them breathing room to deal with the other flames.

Yeah, the FBI on these sorts of raids do *try * to get the owner to open the safe voluntarily, but the FBI will crack it if that is not forthcoming very quickly.

singing …No one lies like sir trump, Throws a fit like sir trump"

Yeah, that appears to be a solid but kinda minor charge which is provable.

Note that in a poll posted by Yahoo news , only 49% of Republicans think trump should run again.

Trump in nyc due to being deposed in the ny investigation. So many investigations closing in.

I wonder if Trump was set up using a Canary Trap. Someone would just need to give Trump some “sooper secret plans” that must never, EVER be given to Putin, and then just sit back and watch the fun.

Methinks the timing of this raid was not coincidental.

Do we have a source of information that the raid happened BESIDES the notoriously unreliable Donald J. Trump? BBC and Washington Post are both attributing the information to him, and not to the FBI or any credible witnesses.

Not saying it didn’t happen, but… I’d rather have a non-Trump source corroborate.

You know, the news I heard over the past 24 hours that I thing may tie more directly to this search and seizure is that Paul Manafort has resurfaced and was nosing around Trump’s orbit. Manafort… Russians… classified documents… what are the odds?

Interesting info from Washington post reporter. Archives have been trying to get items from trump all along. He and his lawyers have been resisting turning over items that archives know are missing. One thing mentioned is that rather famous letter from north Korea’s un.

After months of back and forth, time ran out for mr trump, and fbi was brought in to search and retrieve. There was concern that some items would be destroyed, or revealed to people that should not see it.

“These ruthless FBI agents have even refused my generous offer of comped suites and buffet dinners!”

Imgur

Kevin McCarthy is blustering and threatening Garland.

The Miami Herald has video of a lot of unmarked black SUVs with flashing lights leaving Mar-A-Lago.

Maddow and guests are describing T’s statement as confirming rather than generating news of the raid (but not saying what the primary source was).