Foods You'll Eat Frozen But Shouldn't Be Frozen

Count me in.

That was my reaction as well…

Practically anything sweet can be frozen, in my book.

Plenty of fruits are delicious frozen. Yogurt can be tasty if frozen (just not the fruit-on-bottom stuff).

There’s a brand of little cream puffs my mom used to buy that are supposed to be thawed before eating, but they’re 100x better frozen.

I can’t eat anything savory frozen, though. Cold pizza and turkey? You bet! But frozen? No way.

Frozen blueberries are freaking delicious. And put me down for another consumer of frozen cheesecake.

Frozen Cool Whip is food of the goddess.

I picked up that idea on the boards some time ago. It’s great!

Also frozen banana chunks and frozen seedless orange segments.

Bingo! And since I live in the desert SW, it’s pretty much always hot, so it’s pretty much always a good time for frozen grapes! It’s like having a bite size slushee.

We used to have a cat who loved peas, and if you dropped a few on the floor while getting the bag out of the freezer, she would pounce on them and chomp them up.

This would have worked so much better if the sausages were raw and bloody or something. :eek:

:smiley:

Since frozen yogurt got to be such a common treat, this doesn’t sound particularly bizarre, but I always used to freeze my individual yogurt containers and eat them semi-frozen, way back in the dark ages when I was in high school.

My kids (toddlers) love frozen waffles. Or, at least they used to, until they discovered maple syrup.

I think that’s 'cause with cheesecake it’s so mushy you tend to gulp it down, but if it’s frozen you are forced to let it melt in your mouth, thus prolonging the taste.

It is GOOOOD though :slight_smile:

You mean other than frozen Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, cause you’re supposed to eat them that way, right?

Fourthed. They’re yummy and they’re small enough that the cold doesn’t ever get unpleasant.

Iciles broken straight from the eave of the house.

Frozen Toll House Chocolate Cookies and black coffee on Christmas morning at mom’s.

Early exposure to complex foods, early exposure to the common allergen of eggs, early exposure to wheat. A child under a year old has no business putting waffle in their mouth.

As for frozen foods for me? Berries. Pop 'em in and let them thaw.

i do that, though it is some of my precious allotment of heavy cream for my coffee, and splenda =)

Though I wonder why? Fruit and cream with or without a sprinkle of sugar is a classic dessert, and at least it wasnt candy =)

I need this recipe. I’ve been thinking about making a habenero jelly, but wasn’t sure how to go about it. Since you’ve done the footwork, and I love blueberries, this sounds perfect.

Nanaimo bars. For some reason, they taste even better frozen. (So I found out when I put them in the freezer to stop myself from nibbling at them. It didn’t work.)

Frozen huckleberries, with milk and sugar. Heavenly. And I’ve also done the frozen grapes in summer. I wonder what frozen watermelon would be like?

Certain cookies are pretty good from the freezer, and some don’t even feel “frozen” as you eat them. Girl Guide cookies, for example.

Does it count that I’ll freeze fruit juice to eat later? Orange juice, pineapple, lemonade, grape juice… mmmmmmmm frozen slushee treats!