For Lileks fans

I know there are a lot of Lileks fans on this board (I love his stuff) but you can never get enough snarky retro goodness. I ran across this site: http://dowhatnow.typepad.com/do_what_now/ and it has daily snark on old magazines. Just thought you might enjoy it!

My list of bookmarks has been embiggenated.

Wow. I’m truly flattered to have received a mention from TSD! Please make yourself at home. I generally update my leetle home on the Intarwebtubes about five times a week, although sometimes my day job and life intrude on that schedule. Just think of my place as Lileks without the talent.

Thanks again!
Jim Dunn
http://dowhatnow.typepad.com

Hilarious! But this entry had me puzzled:
You know what Ford stands for, don’t you? Fix It Again, Tony*

Was I whooshed, or is he getting the Fiat joke mixed up with the Ford joke (Fix Or Repair Daily)?

Dale Gribble makes that “joke” to Hank Hill in one episode, although I can’t remember which. I’m pretty much a KOTH fanatic, and I couldn’t resist the urge to use that reference.

Thanks for the link. I had to close my office door during lunch due to excessive chuckling.

My husband will get a kick out of this since he collects old cookbooks for their kitschiness.

ETA: Anyone who makes KOTH references is okay by me!

(Anybody who makes KITH reference is okay by me.)

Are you suggesting we kill Boomhauer?

<KITH>No! We have to crush his head!</KITH>

(And that’s a really cool site, Jim.)

What a great site! I’m having trouble viewing the cartoons and see that someone else has posted the same on the website:

Reply:

Well, I press Page Down on the enhanced cartoon and nothing happens. If I press Page Down on any other part of the site, it Page(s) Down. I tried Shift/Page Down and a few other goofy things on the cartoons, and nada.

Can someone please help this guy? He needs a scroll bar on the enhanced cartoon screen but doesn’t have the time or the know-how to add it. I can’t help but absolutely love his website.

Can anyone help me? I’m as hopeless as ‘this guy.’

Can’t help fix, but try right click and then open in new … (whatever). Should come up with scroll bars.

I think he meant “Down Arrow”, not “Page Down”. Pressing the down arrow key scrolls the image for me (Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP).