For people who like ridiculous heat in the MMP

nelliebly

I forgot. Sumatriptan auto-injections (like an Imitrex Epi-Pen) is what I use when I get a migraine that breaks through the Botox and Amovig, but I can use only 10 injections a month. Which have been enough but prevention and treatment sure does involve a lot of needles, averaging 23 shots a month! I’m lucky, Medicare will pay for it but my neurologist had to appeal each drug/treatment before I could keep it.

Moderator Note

I don’t know what the Discourse nanny is yelling at you about, but please do not alter text inside of quotes. That’s a warnable offense around here. If you want to comment after each paragraph that’s fine, just format it so that the quote is split up into different parts and put your comments outside of the quotes between each part.

In other words, if someone writes this:
paragraph1
paragraph2
paragraph3

Don’t do this:

Do this instead:

comment1

comment2

comment3

If you have any questions about this or want to try it out in a test post, please use the About This Message Board forum

Howdy Y’all! We managed to defilthyfy da cave and I managed candle duty. We et leftovers. That was my day. I have a sinus related headache and apparently it does not want to go away as the usual medicinal cures have not done the trick. I think a good storm, which we seem to be promised, would do wonders. Thus I have read but not retained. I shall post again when I feel more coherent.

Thank you for the heads-up. Will try that. Please keep an eye on me. Thanks again for the time and effort you put into coaching me.

The Discourse nanny was yelling at me for too frequent posts. I think I resorted to that when I had so much trouble with the multi-quoting. Another poster (some other thread) tried to help and agreed its a problem that if there is a user manual/tutorial re:SD on Discourse he can’t find it since the switch.

Supper was good, and it’s all cleaned up now. I’m trying to set up my voicemail - the last speed dial went to the AT&T number, which is no longer good for me. So I’m in the queue for chat help at Consumer Cellular. I need some dental floss (stoopid corn on the cob) but I don’t want to leave the computer lest I move up in the queue. So I suffer. pose of woe

:smiley:

I like nice, hot deserts. Not hot sticky coasts (sorry, Florida). I’m enjoying what seems to be a *very * slight decrease in hot flashes–maybe I burned out a fuse walking the Camino during a heat wave last summer.

Making some spicy chicken stir fry for dinner, with green tea rice, and steamed broccoli. It’s hot outside. And it is not a dry heat.

Carolina Hurricanes.

Cafergot and Imitrex shots… I do not look fondly on those days. Fortunately, I eventually figured out my migraines were cervicogenic, meaning they were triggered out of the C2-C3 nerve roots. Regular visits to the neck-snapper keeps them at a tolerable level.

The UPS saga continues. Maybe they’ll figure a way to get the spoiled food to me tomorrow? Maybe I’ll get a letter from the bank saying they paid off my mortgage? That seems more plausible right now. Another package has been unheard from since last Thursday. I flagged it as lost to make them look for it.

Does this help?

My dad used to tell the story of the Puerto Rican in his unit at boot camp in Missouri. Poor islander didn’t realize what Midwestern heat was all about. He didn’t take his salt tablets and collapsed one day while they were doing PT. Dad said the CO’s shooed the rest of them in the shade for the rest of the afternoon. That was the one and only time he ever got out of PT.

He told my high school best friend this when he found out she was going to the same boot camp he went to. Her eyes got wide and I could see her making a mental note to take her salt tablets. Then she got sent to Kuwait in '03. The warning was heeded.

I’ve had one painful migraine and that was enough. A couple of years ago I started getting optical migraines which are much more annoying. No pain, but I can’t see for 45 minutes and then I’m wiped out for the rest of the day. Fortunately I’ve figured out my migraine triggers so I can avoid them for 364 days a year.

Well, that was fun… It took almost an hour to get thru the queue and once the agent verified that I am who I claim to be, she gave me the number I needed. Then it took a bit longer for me to figure out how to save the number as a speed dial, but it’s all working now. I even had FCD call me and leave me a message.

Now… chillage, I guess. I want a hot fudge sundae but I’ll probably just have an apple.

Sorry about Tucker sari. Keeping fingers crossed.

As far as critters following you into the potty, Nelson has always done that. When he was a puppy, he would bring something to play fetch with once I sat down. :o: Now, he just wants to be skritched.

Irked, voted in the state primary / county general election, came home and et. Now to kick back in the studio.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Aw, geez, swampy, I hope our headache talk didn’t give you a headache. I also hope the storm breaks. I hate when storms rumble around for a long time before getting to work.

It is 97º as I type this. I refuse to go out there. The heat advisory is in effect for three more hours, but I can’t imagine we’re going to suddenly drop 10º, so we’ll see. I’m thinking of taking a cool bath.

gotti, by neck-snapper, do you mean a chiropractor? The lidocaine injections went into my son’s neck, and he did have a serious back issue some years back. I’m wondering if there’s a connection. Then again, I guess the neurologist would have considered that. Grasping at straws, I guess.

heh I’ve lived at the edge of the one of hottest deserts in the country for the better part of 35-40 years of my life and from what i gather due to most of the housing built between the 30s-the mid 80s started out as government housing were one of the first places where ac came with the house /apartment (tho thank god central heat and air is over taking wall heaters and swamp coolers tho)

Our weather does vary due to the angeles crest mountains otherwise we’d be another palm springs/death valley … this year tho weve only had a couple weeks of over 100 degree heat…usually this time of year its its about 110+every day or so until beginning of oct

today looks to be calmer than yesterday… in the saga of guinea pig hes probably going t oa guinea pig rescue since they have offered to take him if no one claims him which im beginning to suspect no one will as we suspect he was put there on purpose by someone who wanted to rehome him and thought disabled cousin and my nephew wouldn’t let aunt say no … and normally she wouldn’t but since we’re moving anytime between now and february its not a good time

But aunt was dragged kicking and screaming into the modern era as we needed food for him and one of my other relatives flaked out on us as usual for most of this week …So i was looking at instacart for delivery … then noticed our walmart decided it needed to get with the program and finally offer delivery so for what it would of cost her to take uber there and back we had most of our essential grocery list delivered in a little bit over an hour …

One slight hiccup tho for some reason i ended up with doubles of a few things cause the website told me “product is unavailable” and showed me the closest replacement which i got …but then received the original item and the replacement … how would one avoid that in the future ? i thought id ask since i know a few people use walmart /instacart for groceries

Were you double-charged for any of the duplicate items?
Hope Mr(s) Guinea Pig gets to a good home. They’re cute lil’ squeakers.

Count me as Team No Heat, by the way. I moved across the country to get away from the Texas heat and humidity! Did it follow me, or what?
Why won’t it just RAIN and get it the hell over with!

For any Mumpers who remember me whining about Pretzel (my ball python) getting wounded, and seriously considering euthanizing her myself, then eventually getting my damn head straightened out - I was not okay, not myself at all in those weeks - anyways, I am seriously just tickled all to heck that her wounds are knitting cleanly, she has an absolutely smashing appetite, and she’s chill, very calmly curious now when handled … all signs that she’s feeling good again.

Now, if I could just slow down time and ignore the signs of Nikki aging … she’s still hale and hearty, and keeps to her routines, but she’s getting that “old cat fur” texture & the boniness through the hips.

In the meantime, tomorrow is a Blessed Day Off and - checks various To-Do Lists - it looks like I can spend pretty much all day playing with my ratties i.e. setting up new enclosures (I truly enjoy setting up boxes and branches for them - it’s not just chucking fresh aspen into an otherwise barren box, as much of a time-saver as that would be, and that’s no fun anyway) and moving them out of their old bedding into fresh, new digs. There are a couple of litters, so BABIES to count, and coo over.

I’ll get pics posted, pinky swear.

For now, imma shower and see about some food and probably be asleep before the sun’s gone.

The Shed Report

To recap:

• The nearly half-century-old shed needed a new roof.
  • I demolished the old roof.
  • I built new trusses (plus one)
  • I mounted the trusses and put on new bevel board facing to replace the ones I demolished.
  • I put up 7/16" OSB sheeting.
  • Daniel, the guy who has done a lot of work on our house, brought over his 12-year-old son and 14-year-old nephew and they put on the flashing and the roof roll.
  • Mrs. L.A. painted the floor.
  • I painted the white trim.
  • I put 4x8 OSB on two walls and part of the front to stabilise the structure – which had no lateral support except for the ancient bevel board siding.
  • Mrs. L.A. and I painted the outside.
  • I procured a reclaimed door and put it on.

Demolished old roof
New trusses and facings
Finished shed, painted and with a new door

Nice job Johnny!

To answer the OP, I’ve lived in the mid-south for a quarter of a century now, so I’ve come to accept that sweat is a way of life from the late spring to the late fall. It’s July, so it’s been mid to upper nineties during the day here for a couple of weeks with it going down to the seventies at night. It’s humid enough for frizzy hair. :stuck_out_tongue:

After I put the door on the shed, I tightened the fan belt on the MGB and rearranged the cars.

It’s cold here! It started a couple of weeks ago with what the weathercasters called “June in July” (persistent marine layer with cool Pacific breezes). Since July is when we get at least a week of 80-90 degree days, 75 degree days were welcome (especially since the marine layer is generally well behaved and disappears right around lunch time).

Today I woke up to 60 degrees and cold breezes. It only barely got into the mid 60’s in the afternoon and the marine layer persisted all day. All my windows are open and I refuse to close any of them because dammit, it’s supposed to hot in July! So I wore a sweater all day and rubbed my hands to keep them warm. :cold_face:

High 90s - 100 F here today, depending on which weather source you believe. Arrived home icky-sweaty, jumping into the shower was definitely high priority once the Princess was fed and some perishables put away.

Really want to smack a few brain donors, and not the callers today. Our so-called “front line” “colleagues” can’t even transfer a call professionally, routinely screw up basic tasks (and then my bunch get yelled at by unhappy people), apparently consider proper account security optional, and a lot of them pretty much refuse to learn anything about any of the above. My management is well aware (every team meeting with the group under my direct sup seems to include at least a few minutes of the “front line” group’s latest idiocies and obnoxiousness) and doing what little is in their power, and my sup actively encourages her team to “educate” the bozos on proper procedure, ESPECIALLY when it involves account security.

Dinner is on the “forage when you feel like it” plan, plenty of options existing. Too tired to fuss much, and DH is grouchy enough that I don’t really feel motivated, either. If he’s going to growl and grump at me, he can feed himself when he feels so moved.