Fuck you, pkbites

uh, I meant to spell it…but now he knows and now we know

lack of coffee does not work well for me. Damn.

Duck Duck Goose, well gosh, golly, gee. Did lil ol’ me get whooshed by some sarcasm? :slight_smile: I don’t know. pkbites said s/he was being honest. I think s/he prides him/herself on being honest. Do you mean to tell me that s/he lied in this thread? :eek: I’m curious and a little confoosed. pkbites, would you care to clarify, please?

Perhaps someone can clear something up for me. When is it ok for a person to not like other people based on some qualifying aspect of existence?

I’ll live with that. I wasn’t stepping up to defend PK, for what it’s worth… I was just in a funky mood today.

No chance I’m taking that bet.

I’m in the same boat as samclem in that I don’t quite get it. I am a closet athiest who is conservative on some stuff and liberal on others and I have been posting for roughly the same amount of time as pkbites and participated in a lot of the threads (mostly GQ) that he has posted to.

Pkbites has expressed some borderline irasible opinions about various subjects at times, but so have we all, but I was honestly surprised to hear pkbites say that he would actively shun a gay member of his extended family. It’s not that the sentiment is surprising, lots of people (liberals included) are profoundly uncomfortable with individuals who very different from themselves, but most people would grin and bear it and try to be tolerant for as long as they were face to face.

My online SDMB take on pkbites (based mainly on GQ interaction) has always been sort of a friendly inquistive uncle, “hail fellow well met!” type person it would be nice to have beer with, but his black and white attitude toward being gay tolerant is kind of a surprise because it’s… well… I don’t know, maybe rude, more than anything else, and pkbites has never stuck me as a an especially rude person.

But anyway live and learn. Everyone has his own opinions. Now we know his.

In my mind, anyway, there’s a difference between not liking somebody, and assuming that they’re a sex-crazed pervert (I know, he didn’t say “sex-crazed”, but certainly lept to the sex conclusion pretty quickly).

I don’t like Dallas Cowboys fans, but I don’t refuse to associate with them. And I when I say that they’re all coked-up perverts, it’s because they are :D. He’s free to live his life however he damn well pleases, but should (and appears to be) ready to deal with the consequences of it.

Is this thread actually going somewhere?

Why should we?

And what’s that quote I’m looking for - something about “Every action begins with a thought?” I pity any other human being that has any kind of contact with pkbites - notably his spouse and children, if/when he has either. :frowning:

Esprix

Hey, I never said we should, I just said that it was ironic. Plus, I got to use three derivatives of the word “tolerant” in the same sentence.

I’d like to reiterate the most interesting point so far, which was, if pkbites hates hanging out with homosexuals so badly, for pity’s sake, why is s/he still here?

Yo, pkbites! I’m a big old flaming cocksucker! There are two hot guys upstairs in bed right now waiting for my attentions! (True, the Goddess be praised.)

That there are gay people here can hardly fail to have missed your attention, not least because you posted to a thread by one, about us! Isn’t it a little late in the day to start pleading grossed-outness? Haven’t you had ample time to get disgusted yet? Then why are you still here?

Or can gay cooties just not be transmitted by internet?

Eh, Celestina, in my experience PK is an honest, forthright, “regular guy”–but in my experience he’s also occasionally inclined to the merciless leg-pull. :smiley:

My take on his “barefoot and preg” remark was that it was one of the latter…

…although he does have three kids. Hmm…Maybe we should ask Mrs. PK what she thinks…

:smiley:

Far be it from me to support pkbites; however, there is a difference between an immigrant and an illegal immigrant. I certainly don’t feel the illegal immigrant should be executed, but I do think said illegal immigrant should be punished and not rewarded for his crime.

Duck Duck Goose, I have no problems at all with honest folk. I’d much rather talk to and deal with honest folks than dishonest ones, and I’m rather blunt myself when I feel it’s appropriate to be. I have no problem with pkbites expressing his opinion, but I’m just concerned about what has led him to his particular conclusions. Folks typically hate out of fear of the unknown, because they’ve been misguided into it by folks they trust indoctrinating prejudice in them, or because of something they hate or fear in themselves. If pkbites is as honest as he says he is, then I just wonder if he’s aware of this and has done the appropriate soul-searching to help him understand what he is afraid of and why. But, from his comments about how he refuses to be around homosexuals and has even shunned some of his own gay relatives, I think that he’s not going to get at the root of his fear. He’s generalizing about a whole group of folks, rather than taking the higher, more enlightened path and getting to know folks as individuals. I think that’s sad. He’s missing out on getting to know some interesting, talented, folks who have much to contribute to the world we live in and who may also help him grow. :frowning: I wonder if his remarks in the GD thread that sparked this Pit thread aren’t a step for him to confront that fear. I kind of hope it is. Even though he’s offended plenty of folks, perhaps his brutal honesty is a cry for help in dealing with his fear of homosexuals. Hmmm.

Whether or not pkbites was being sarcastic or honest with his remarks about women, homeless folks, and immigrants, there are sadly enough plenty of folks out there who do believe these sentiments to be true. [shudder] As far as the “barefoot and preggers” remark, I’d love also to know what Mrs. pkbites has to say about that. And I’d love to know what pkbites’ young-uns have to say to the “children should be seen and not heard remark.” :smiley:

What the fuck? Get away from the computer.

NOW.

some people need everything explained to them, apparently…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing! They can say nothing! They’re to be seen and NOT heard, remember?:stuck_out_tongue:
Besides, 2 of my kids are out of the house already. They can speak their mind all they want…in their own house!
I can’t believe you guys are still coming in here and bitching about this. It’s a new day, let it go. Believe what you want, and I’ll believe what I want. No matter how many insults you all fling at me, I’m not going to all of a sudden change my mind and say “Oh, homosexual acts are completely normal.” T’aint gonna happen!

ok… pk bites, you stupid fuck… let us just make one thing very clear.

you are not the lord high ruler of what is sexually permissable. it may actually surprise you that i find sexual acts involving you, very gross.

in fact, on the very vague chance that you have a girlfriend, i would find the act of you (to use your reprehensible language) ramming your penis into her vagina, very gross.

i even find your inability to use commas, very gross.

am i making comments about how gross you and what you do are in great debates? am i going to interrupt a conversation about israel and george w to tell the sdmb that i find you, very gross?

no. so don’t go sticking your stupid opinions in where they aren’t needed.

and, oh yes, we can all handle your honesty. there’s no problem with that. the problem is that you are an asshole. sure, assholes have a right to free speech. doesn’t mean they should get commended on it.

you are a disgrace to this message board, your country, your religion and yourself. go away and think about what you’ve done.

and when you come back, quit being such a stupid, worthless, fuck.

LOL!!! Hey, pkbites, what if you’re over at your kids’ houses. Does that mean then that you can only be seen and not heard since you’re in their space, OR does that mean that your kids can only be seen and not heard in their own homes when you’re there? What about your grandkids, if you have any. Do they have to be quiet too? :smiley:

Ooops, and you never did answer my question about what Mrs. pkbites thinks about the “barefoot & preggers” sentiment. Come on. Spill it. Enquiring minds want to know.

just to show how reprehensible inappropriate use of commas is, i added an example of my own.