"Fucking carpet munchers, you should've been put down at birth"

True. OTOH, some lesbians look like lesbians; you don’t need highly attuned gaydar to tell.

I know, but the rats on the rug might be munching it also… I’m clearly not up with the latest in bigoted putdowns. Probably comes from living in the Bay Area.

I feel for you a lot. Here’s something I wrote about people yelling random shit at me:

Just curious - has complete shaving taken over in Lesbiana? Is ‘linoleum sucker’ now a more accurate phrase?

What an ASSHOLE! I’m sorry you and your dearheart had to go thru that.

:smiley: Awesome.

Your last story made me sad. I cannot imagine having to be incessantly, constantly, and cruelly reminded that you do not fit into some people’s narrow definition of “normal.” Why on earth do people think this sort of behavior is even remotely okay?

It’s not the landlord’s fault that the guy was a piece of shit. It is the landlord’s fault that the guy was permitted to remain in the establishment while being a piece of shit. Landlord could’ve kicked the guy out, should have, but instead used the mildest of placation to try to get him to shut up. It was a disproportionately weak response to the level of offense involved.

Because that’s what troglodytes do, they have no lives, so they insert themselves into other people’s lives in socially unacceptable ways.

Parquet nibbler.

As one stand up comedienne said “In the mid-west nobody can tell I’m a lesbian. I just look like another farm wife.”

Hmmm…I have a number of comments and observations…

1. How do I nail a dick to a garbage truck? Round here garbage trucks are metal, and I couldn’t get a nail in if I tried…
  2. We would normally call a bar / pub owner a “publican” where I come from (but landlord not entirely disaccurate) :wink:
  3. I would like to think that I would have said something to the micro penis owner, but general situation would have made a difference.
  4. Can remember a party we had at our flat once, invited next door lesbian couple as you should invite neighbours to any party, one homophobe friend made comment, had beer poured over his head for trouble and then we asked him to leave. My borther apologised on the spot, and when I found out the next day I also went next door and issued a “formal” apology
  5. Not that it makes it right, but if it was a small local bar, and the guy was a “regular” tossing him out is not always so easy as it would be some random arsehole in a big city bar. There would be more baggage involved

Nailgun?

No argument here on this. Been thinking about it, though, and now I think folks are right - as soon as it became clear the landlord was taking a pissweak lowball approach, the threat of the loss of future business and the threat of word-of-mouth bad publicity would have been justified. (Hell, maybe even a sit-in.) I still think the unwilling audience in the rest of the bar could have taken some initiative as well, though.

Butter.

If you happen to run into any of my relatives up there please allow me to apologize in advance.

No, you’re thinking of gay men there.

Am I the only one who thinks he shouldn’t have been thrown out for a first offence then? This is what people do in pubs.

Second time, sure.

Yes, because homophobic sacks of crap need a chance to what… stop being homophobic sacks of crap as they get more drunk? Yeah, that’s likely. If he’s being this open in this sort of behavior in front of a pub full of people, he’s done it before, he’ll do it again, and a large part of that is the fact that no one calls these minuscule minds on their behavior until it passes some arbitrary bullshit threshold, at which point the damage is already more than done. Why should there be any tolerance for someone making unprovoked, blatant, bigoted threats against a stranger?

Cause it’s what drunks do.

And throwing out drunks who are offending other patrons is what landlords do.

After giving them a chance to mend their ways as a general rule, which is all I was suggesting.

Really, now - does a guy who says, “you should have been put down at birth” sound like the kind of guy who is going to apologise and offer to buy the OP’s next round when shown the error of his ways?