Funny sign juxtapositions

Again not juxtaposition but a hand made sign in the door of a liquor store I frequent says…

NO ONE UNDER 21 ALLOWED IN STORE!
INCLUDING CHILDREN!!

They must think i’m a very happy person always comming in smiling.

Not a juxtaposition, but a sign funny.

On my way home there’s a curves ahead sign - the type that’s just an arrow with wiggles. Apparently the top fastener has been lost because now the sign points down. I look at it and think “Well, at least we’re not going straight to hell”

We used to have a strip mall with two businesses in it, and they both painted ads on the end of the building facing traffic on the cross street:

Beauty Supply
Taxidermy

I was in Hong Kong in 1996 and they have a shop called the Swank Shop.

This shop had a huge yellow neon sign that you could see from anywhere in HK Harbour (its spelt harbour dammit!).

Unfornatunately for them the S had gone out so they had a huge sign that said: wank shop

Ooops! :eek:

My town is in the middle of farm and ranch country, so a lot of businesses are named after cattle brands: “I-bar-X”, “Flying J”, etc. One gas station has a sign that prominently displays its name, “Bar-F”, right above the gas prices.

Alongside the road, in a town nearby my own, sits a business called “Onan Industries.” Its sign is directly underneath a “Siemens” sign. Remember biblical Onan, who spilled his seed?

Last time we were in the States, we drove past a McDonald’s that had the following on its outdoor message board:

NOW HIRING
TEENIE BEANIES

<Tom Paxton>Which explains a lot if you think about it…</Tom Paxton>

Not a juxtaposition of two signs, but near where one of my friends grew up there is a clinic called “La Pain Medical Center.”

Last night I was driving in Newport (or maybe Portsmouth), RI, and I realized I was on ‘Farewell St’. Nothing too weird about that, except for the fact that Farewell Street runs straight through a huge cemetery. Creepy.
Rose

You can catch Amtrack or NJ Transit trains and there are seperate wainting areas. Now Amtrack has a new service called Acela. It is a high speed express train and it has it’s own waiting area. This area is called…
Express Waiting

“Las Cruces Radiator Shop
a great place to take a leak”

And, at various times, my town has had
Dr. Love, obstetrician
Dr. Achen, D.D.S.

Some years, a local wag found a read-a-board which read:

NEW TAX LAW!!! NOW YOU CAN SAVE BIG BUCKS WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!!! SEE US!!!

When he left, it read:

NEW SEX LAW!!! NOW YOU CAN SAVE BIG BUCKS WITHOUT EVEN TRYING!!! EAT US!!!

Another one which I wish I had a pic of was at the top of the U-Haul agent back home - one who also rented storage lockers. Apparently the individual letters attached to the building had suffered some storm damage, losing the first ‘S’:

ELF STORAGE ROOMS

[sub]It was right after Christmas…[/sub]

-mdf

Some years ago
[sub]But I did preview, really…[/sub]

A few years ago (I was 12 or 13) my family was going to Florida. We stopped in at a Taco Bell and saw on their sign:

Now Hiring
Two Tacos
99 Cents

Still cracks me up to this day.

Not really a juxtaposition, but when travelling through Troy, Michigan on I-75, the road sign reads:
EXIT 69:
BIG BEAVER

for Big Beaver road…that always gives me a couple laughs.

“Do you know they won’t let gays and lesbians adopt children? They’re afraid it will turn them gay. I wonder if they would let me adopt a highway. Probably afraid it would turn out to be a lesbian. Actually, I saw a lesbian highway once. I was driving in North Carolina, and suddenly I saw a big sign that said ENTERING CHARLOTTE. Thank god I had enough time to reach into the glove compartment and grab some dental dams!”
-Sara Cytron

“Someday, I want to go to this town in Michigan called Dyke. Every year, all the women on their way to the Michigan Womyn’s Festival make a pilgrimage to Dyke to have their picture taken at the Dyke city-limits sign… Apparently, the citizens of Dyke don’t appreciate this yearly pilgrimage… If they don’t want us to visit, just change the name of the town. Change it to ‘Uptight Straight White Guy’ - we’ll stay away.”

• Sabrina Matthews

At any given time at Atwater metro, a metro station in downtown Montreal, there is at least one nameplate that some wag has altered by removing the first letter and the last two. sigh

I am proud to say that I didn’t hang out at this corner.

I saw an SUV with a Nader bumper sticker once.

Steak 'n Shake is serving what?

http://www.io.nu/steak.jpg

(Taken by my father in Champaign, Illinois, a few years ago.)

I saw a picture in National Lampoon a few years back of a Planned Parenthood clinic. Immediately below the Planned Parenthood sign was a sign that read “Use Rear Entry.”

Not juxtapositions, but a local barbecue restaurant’s message board read “You Can’t Beat Our Meat” for a few days, a nearby junkyard is named “Jesus is Lord Garage and Auto Salvage,” and a convenience store near my house has a board that advertises “Fried Chicken Donuts.”