Game of Thrones 3.09 "The Rains of Castamere" 6/2/13 No book spoilers

Depends on what you call mayor. The leader of the night’s watch Jeor Mormont has been a pretty big part of the show since season one, the first season killed off King Robert, Karl Drogo and Ned. The second season season was light on deaths, mostly just Renly unless you want to count Yoren and Qhorin.

Well, I’d like for the rest of the series to center around Arya going back to find Jaqen Hagar, doing a Rocky-style montage of magical assassin training, and then KILLING EVERYONE.

Holy fuck.
That is all.

This. This is what I want to see. She is one of my favorite characters and they’ve been putting so much foreshadowing into her potential baddassery that I cannot wait to see it. I don’t even care so much if she dies as long as she takes out a solid number of people on her list XD.

Watching it tonight I was thinking about how that actress and the actor who plays her brother Rickon are both going to be grown before the series catches up with the books (which would take at least 3 or 4 seasons).

That explains something that’s been bugging me for a few episodes. After all the drama over Cat releasing Jaime, the hunt, the arguments and the eventual split with the Karstarks over the incident, I couldn’t figure out why, when Jaime was actually captured, Roose just sent him off to King’s Landing.

That said, if Bolton had intended to defect to the Lannisters, why have his people make the effort to capture Jaime in the first place? It seems that the capture of Jaime and Brienne leads to his maiming and eventually to his rescue of Brienne, which lead to his character’s growth and is thus a major (I assume) plot point, but can someone explain how it makes sense in terms of Bolton’s character?

If Jaime escapes and makes his way back to King’s Landing, no one gets credit. If Bolton recaptures him and delivers him to the Lannisters, then the Lannisters owe him, or at least give him credibility on his willingness to defect.

I find it ironic that the thing that gets Robb killed is deciding to follow Cat’s advice for once.

Very well done, but so brutal it was hard to watch.

I did take great delight in how practical Bolton’s sliminess was. Walder Frey offered him his wife’s weight in silver as a dowry, so Bolton married the fattest Frey girl. Bolton wore armor under his clothes, and when found out he immediately ran for cover. But he pops back up when the coast is clear to deliver the Lannisters’ regards to Robb, just like he promised Jaime he would.

The rest of the episode was pretty strong too. I liked Grey Worm’s spear fighting style, and I liked that the Wildling warg’s eagle went for Jon’s face. And Rickon is officially the oofiest Stark. “You’re my brother. I need to protect you,” excuse me, I have something in my eye…

This x1,000,000.

Of course the roughest scene in this episode was the hardcore friendzone thrashing Jorah received.

“Hi, I’m covered in blood, I barely made it back alive, and I killed like 50 dudes for you”

“Hey, yeah, whatever, where’s that dude with the hair?”

What happened to no book talk here? This gives away far more than you think it does

I started to disagree, but then after a second I realized what you mean. Inadvertent I’m sure, but should be cleaned up. I went ahead and reported it.

What?

Robb was killed for breaking his marriage vow, which Catelyn was against.

More recently, at the start of this episode, she advised him to ally with Frey against the Lannisters. Which turned out pretty badly, I’d say.

It appears that Robb was killed because Tywin Lannister wanted him dead. Bolton & Frey wanted Lannister gold–& to be on the winning side. The broken betrothal provided Frey’s excuse. But I wonder whether treacherously breaking the bond of hospitality is a worse crime. (Bread & salt are meaningful in several Earth cultures.)

(Ah, all those letters we saw Tywin writing. Arranging a wedding is hard work!)

Yeah, but it was Robb’s idea, wasn’t it? Catelyn just agreed with him. I wouldn’t put this on her.

The Stark tradition of mind numbing stupidity and pointless, avoidable deaths continues.

Am I right its Game, Set, Match, Westros to the Lannister’s? With Tyrion’s marriage, they have a claim to Winterfell. They defeated Stannis last season, the Greyjoys are a police action not a war. That leave Dany and her dragons who are a far off threat for the time being.

I wonder if they will simply drop the “Joffery of House Baratheon” angle and simply declare a Lannister dynasty.

Best episode of the season. It was hard to watch at parts. Cat crying at the end broke my heart.

But now for something better:

The best thing ever.

Some of my favorites:
“GAME OF THRONES WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THOSE WERE MY HOPES AND DREAMS YOU SLAUGHTERED YOU BIG FAT ASS”
“Idk who the fuck on HBO approved the actions of tonight’s Game of Thrones but they better have a reason for it.”
“i am 5000% done with game of thrones oh my god watching this series was the worst decision of my life”
“IT’S BEEN HALF AN HOUR AND IM STILL THROWING UP #GAMEOFTHRONES
“worst episode ever… Fuck this show… Fuck George Martin… Fuck the Lannisters… I’ve never been this pissed off in a while”
“THE LANNISTERS SEND THEIR REGARDS OH MY GDO I AM CRYING I CANT DO THIS”
“I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW TO WATCH GAME OF THRONES AND I ALREADY KNOW ROBB DIED AND HE WAS MY FAV AND IM CRYING”

I don’t know which demographic of the audience I like the most. The grown men crying, the teenage girls throwing up, etc. I think it has to be black people. First there was the “you killed my nigga Ned” guy, now “The good ones die but, Goffrey bitch ass still alive and kickn” and “FUCK. GAME OF THRONES. FUCK THE BITCHASS NIGGA THAT WROTE THE BOOK. FUCK THE STUPID ASS ACTORS THAT ACT THAT SHIT.”

Only in one battle, he’s still alive and kicking (and the Leechblood Curse is still in play - in fact, you could say it just kicked in bigtime if you were a superstitious person).