Game of Thrones 4.05 "The First Of His Name" 5/4/14 NO SPOILERS

You never really know with this show, but it seems getting rid of her has been his plan all along. Don’t think for a second that the kid gets Sansa, either - Baelish will surely be working on making as smooth a transition as possible to that being his and Sansa’s humble abode.

Thanks, huh I assumed Cersei had him killed back in the first season.

Does this mean Lysa was in on Ned’s death too, he was her brother in law right? So Lysa killed her husband? just so she could marry Littlefinger? Would he really become lord just by marrying the previous wife of a lord, or would the breast feeding teen get it?

It makes sense. She’s rash, extremely unstable and extremely unpredictable and while she clearly cares for him he clearly was more interested in her sister and possibly her niece.

I know some people think he wants Sansa but I’m not sure if that’s true or if that’s more he wants to the protect the children of Catelyn. He also kept Arya’s secret when he found her being the cup bearer for Tywin as well and I don’t think there was any suggestion he wanted to be with her.

Well, remember she was just doing what Baelish told her to do. As to the question as to whether she/Baelish killed Lord Arryn and sent the letter to Cate with the intention of getting Ned killed, no I don’t think so and even if they’d been plotting against Ned from the beginning there’s no way that even someone as cunning as Baelish could have predicted that Joffrey would so rashly choose to have him beheaded and upset the plan to have him sent off to the Night’s Watch.

But yes, as I noted earlier she inadvertently set in motion the whole chain of events that set the series in motion and led to the death of her sister, brother-in-law and nephew, though I don’t think that was her or Peytr’s intent.

She’s a dancer, so the footwork didn’t surprise me, but yeah she seemed to handle the sword remarkably well.

Well, apart from the stabbing the Hound bit.

Near perfect job of finding and grooming the actors who play Tommen and Joffrey; they look more like brothers than most brothers.

Yea I forgot Joffrey decided to kill Ned spontaneously, I thought I remembered a scene where Baelish manipulated Ned or Cat into doing something in the first season that lead to Joffrey being able to decide, but it was a long time ago.

Even then it would be on Baelish’s head and Lysa may not have known.

No Tyrion tonight.

I do hope that the Craster Family Singers thouht to take all usable provisions from the hall before burning it. Closure is one thing, but it’s not worth dying of exposure or malnutrition for.

The closed captioning was not working on my DVR. Could anyone understand what Hodor said during the scene at Craster’s Keep between saying "Hodor! Hodor!, and “Hodor!”? It sounded like Ko Door, but I couldn’t quite make it out.

Poor Sansa, just when she thought she’d finally escaped all the nastiness; more nastiness.

And once again she’s betrothed to a loony.

There were a lot of dead and they have to be burned. And I’m sure the Nightwatch took what was good.

He did? I must have missed this. I don’t remember him there.

My sense of it is that she’s never going to have a happy life. She grew up believing in the ‘fairy tale’, yet the reality is so horrible.

I don’t think Petyr’s plan is for her to marry Robin…I dunno though - for whatever reason, I think this is just something like ‘step two’ in his overall goal (which I think is to sit on the iron throne himself).

Also, did he actually marry Lysa or did he put it off? I guess I was a bit confused. I don’t see him ending up with her - UNLESS he kills her and Robin to get control of her land.

I thought all he could say was ‘Hodor’…So my guess would have been “Hodor”.

I remember someone being there and recognizing her - but I can’t remember who. My wife and I are watching all the prior seasons this week and next and we are near that part.

Little Robin is the lord of the vale, but he’s a total mamas boy and she is madly in love with him. Plus the kid seems to like him just fine also. So Littlefinger now basically rules one of the seven kingdoms from a wholly impregnable fortress.

What’s the “official line” on the parentage?

The official line is that they’re Robert Baratheon’s legitimate children/heirs. Are you seriously saying you didn’t know that?

So I guess the Mother of Dragons has to wait up and consolidate her holdings before crossing to Westeros. Wonder how much time that buys them. But Jorah is right, an army of 10 thousand or so is a serious force, but not continent owning. Maybe Daenerys’ ruling a few cities properly (rather than just “freeing” them and leaving them behind) will be enough to bring some Dothraki back on board.

“Let’s wait till the dragons grow up” was always going to be the best possible plan, after that you can do pretty much whatever the hell you want.

IIRC, there’s a scene where she’s afraid he’ll recognize her as he strategizes with Tywin. And he looks kind of in her direction, but it’s left ambiguous whether he recognized her and let it slide, or he didn’t recognize her because he was focused on persuading Tywin and improving his position, and it was just some random servant boy filling his glass as far as he cared.

What was the point of the whole Craster’s plotline these past two episodes? Jon is going back to Castle Black, and Bran is still going North. There’s so much going on, it seems like a waste of time to have this plot that changes nothing.

Peytr’s intent was chaos, since that’s the way for him to move up in the world.

Speaking of Peytr, I found it hilarious how much he wasn’t into Lysa. He could fake it to some extent, but you could also see how he was reminding himself to suck it up and deal with it since Lysa can be useful.

I would think that legally and officially, she could only get remarried if Tyrion dies. But there’s always a chance that Tyrion will not be executed. I wonder what happens to poor Sansa then. If she’d be forced to marry again anyway, since her aunt is crazy and dislikes Tyrion. Or maybe forced to marry since she’s not “Sansa” there, she’s whatever the fake name is they were calling her.