Garibaldi's ban-worthy boner

OK, I’ll be the one who takes the plunge: why was Garibaldi banned?

Not that I knew him or was a big fan or anything, I’m just interested in how somebody gets banned after only one day and 23 posts.

When I did a search, the only transgression I could find was calling somebody an idiot when he thought they were calling him a racist and they were really just being sarcastic. He was warned and didn’t do it again.

Other than that, he seemed like a friendly fellow with bad spelling.

What’s the record for fastest banning?

Libertarian gives clues here

(pouting)

but I still think it was the Bollywood thingie, dammit
Lorie

I have no idea who this fellow is, and I have no idea why he was banned. But I’ve observed in the past that some perfectly harmless (it seemed to me) members were banned when they were discovered to be socks.

I have NO idea if this is the case with Garibaldi, though.

YOUR BONER SO BIG IT WILL BE BANNED!

I’m kind of wondering what it is that this guy did. He certainly seemed ignorant but he never did anything that seemed truly jerklike. He seemed really young if anything.

I saw the Bollywood thing, It didn’t seem any worse than the “Why I hate rap” thread. Of course, if he was a sock, than that explains everything.

What’s a sock?

Not quite, brujo. What’s a sock?

First: we’d prefer that questions about why someone was banned were related to e-mail. We’re happy to answer the question, it’s just that threads asking, “Why was so-and-so banned?” seem to attract sock puppets and the idiocy contained therein.

Second: Garibaldi was, in fact, a previously banned poster attempting to return under a different name.

As for your question, pbrtallboy-

A “sock puppet” or “sock” is a second screen name. Some boards allow multiple screen names; this board does not.

Sock Puppet.

Either a current user with 2 or more user names of a banned user coming back with a new user name.

Regards
Coldfire eh… I mean yojimbo

Thanks, all.

Jesus, he used his former friendship to turn Sheridan over to the tender mercies of Earthgov torturers and you wonder about something as small as a banning? Ivonava ordered him shot on sight!

He started his campaign into Egypt with better than a 10 to 1 advantage in men, and ended up losing most of Libya! We’ve been forced to ask the Germans to send help, what do you expect us to do, invite him around?

Riboflavin you are hilarious! I had thought about posting a B5 reply, but you got there first!

Sorry for the hijack but…

It’s been so long since I’ve watched B5. Does it still come on?

It does, Hosayf: check the SciFi channel if you get it.

<< That? Oh, it’s the Egyptian God of Frustration. >>

Riboflavin, Let us explain the difference between Garibaldi, 19th Century Italian unification patriot and participant in failed revolutions in South America, and Mussolini, 20th Century fascist dictator of Italy and ally of Adolph Hitler, who made the trains run on time. They ain’t the same guy. :wink:

Graziani, Garibaldi, what’s the difference? sigh That’s what comes from playing too many WW2 wargames, I’ve seen a unit called ‘Garibaldi’ after the unit so many times that I keep thinking it’s the name of the general.

His biscuits were crap too.

Garibaldi is also the name of a course in SSX Tricky.