Gettysdope V: The Return of Bacon Salt

That lends itself to some interesting liturgical scenarios at shul as wiseass rabbis nationwide try their hand at humor.

Robin

That is only doable in the event that there’s no mud! :wink:

A goat! Cool! Oh, neeeewwwwwbiiiiiieeeeeesssss. . .Sept. 27th, Fireman’s Pavilion. Stand right over there on that X. . .

What if we can just promise the goat won’t have to do anything it won’t enjoy? :stuck_out_tongue:

ISTR the geeklings (chilluns of engineer_comp_geek being in that age range. You can email or PM me for info on lodging close to the event, which should be secured ASAP with it being a tourist town. In addition to the battlefield, there’s a wild animal rescue/mini zoo, and many other attractions close by in PA and northern MD. You could easily drive in Friday night and make a weekend of it.

A rabbi is walking down the street with an exotic, brightly colored parrot on his shoulder. Another rabbi stops him and inquires, “Where’d you get that?” The parrot screams, “At Temple!”

Well, we might have altered it’s expectations, ya know, people and party wise. Just sayin’.

Tris

How could I pass up a chance to meet up with my roommate from Vegas? We’ll put together something. Perhaps I may use this as an excuse to buy a grill and a dozen kosher burgers to feed it with.

Such as this? http://xiphias.livejournal.com/423383.html

Oh man. This is going to have to be the first Gettysdope I’ve missed, since I’ll be starting at Rochester Institute of Technology in the fall. Have fun, everyone!

Yay! Congrats!

That’s just bizarre. Funny, but bizarre.

Robin

I wouldn’t be much fun at a gathering on the 18th: I’ll be fasting for some medical tests I’m getting done bright and early the 19th.

If you all have a get-together, drink (and eat!) one for me!

You have a good memory. I have a son who is 8, a daughter who is 13, and another son who is 15.

What time would the Dope event begin?
We are think of driving in Saturday morning, checking into the hotel and then coming to the park.

The permit allows us access to the pavilion from 0900 until dusk. Early birds usually are there to get electric set up for crock pots and other appliances.

Local Hotels were mostly booked, but the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Gettysburg was available for Friday 7 Saturday nights and had very reasonable rates on-line. Tripadviser rated it #4 in the area.

It looks like we are coming.

Jim

That’s about when it starts. I forget when we can take possession of the pavilion, but danceswithcats and I usually get there first to get stuff set up, then everyone else just gets there when they get there. Then, around dusk, people start leaving, we clean up, and that’s that.

So we really don’t have a fixed start time. We’re really easy that way.

Robin

The Official Who is Bringing What and Dopercount List - Gettysdope V™

engineer_comp_geek + 4 –
jayjay, supervenusfreak
Morgyn
MsRobyn + ? –
norinew + 3 –
Scuba_Ben
Triskadecamus – Kimche[sup]3[/sup]
What Exit? + ? –
danceswithcats, BiblioCat – jalapeño chili and chipotle with adobo chili

Corrections to the above, including updates on the size of your posse, and victuals being brought will be garnered from the thread, but if something is missed, holler. :wink:

For those who need directions, worry not. The directions page from last year will be posted when we draw closer to the event, and for anyone who would like to purchase something nearby, there are two markets available-one a few blocks, and another a few miles away.

My cell phone number will be provided to anyone who emails to request same: danceswithcats@att.net

Anyone who plans on staying over should make haste to book a room. Email the above addy if you’d like help with that-distance from event, and other good stuff.

My wife and two kids will be attending. (My daughter will be 11 and my son is 8)

We will bring Brownies and maybe a few pies. They travel well.

In terms of hotels, if you don’t have to be in Gettysburg, Chambersburg is west on Rt. 30, Hanover is east on 30, and Mechanicsburg is right up 15. None of these is what I’d call “close”, but they are accessible to either major highway, and in the case of Hanover and Mechanicsburg, they’re relatively accessible to such attractions as Utz and Hershey.

We’re also fortunate this isn’t a car show weekend. Everything would be booked for miles around.

Robin

W00t.
I’m certain that What Exit Jr. will have a good time hanging out with mudgirl.

Put me down for the usual burgers and dogs.

I’ll bring accompaniments for danceswithcats’ chili (shredded cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips) and something desserty.