Good decisions can come from bad decisions

While waiting for my doctor’s appointment I was reading The Reader’s Digest. Within its pages it said good decisions come from experience and experience comes from bad decisions.

My last thread was closed by a moderator:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=17569756&postcount=64
Though she suggested I not post personal threads for a while she also criticized people who chastized me for posting at all.

People often bring up things I’ve said in the past and assume I’m still the same now. But I’ve learnt from many of my mistakes. Like this thread topic is about, good decisions can come from bad decisions. Most people probably make most of their mistakes when they’re young… but remember that I was only 28 when I romantically held a girl’s hand for the first time or went on a date. She is now my wife.

BTW today at the doctor he was concerned that I seemed agitated. Instead of waiting 4 weeks for the next appointment he scheduled another appointment in a fortnight. I had talked about the messageboards. He said to watch out for trolls and I said that lots of people thought I was a troll. My wife asked me about what I talked about. I said it was mainly about work (it partly was). Then I said it was partly about her wanting a baby. I said he asked about why I didn’t want a baby. She said that that was because it wasn’t normal to not want a baby.

So anyway I’m still making and learning from mistakes. I don’t need to be reminded of my past mistakes as often as I am.

JohnClay, please go away.

Go away from this MB because your reputation precedes you, regardless of the content of your OP’s.

Just a bit of friendly advice mate!

Like the moderator said:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=17569756&postcount=64

Hmmmm… maybe if I had another username and didn’t talk about my life too deeply that would solve that problem but maybe that is against the rules.

Just talk about other stuff, in other threads. It’s not healthy or normal for all of anyone’s threads to be so selfcentric.

Just engage in other discussions, and maybe all this shit will fade into history.

I’ve posted threads that aren’t about myself… e.g.

Angel teleportation traffic cam video saving a guy? (well it is related to my sister)

Possible benefit for long head hair on humans?

PS3/Xbox One vs. previous generation consoles…

How to make crunchy and soft roast potatoes/pumpkin?

Six packs (stomach muscles) are weird

SQL query: MAX(CASE WHEN…

Movies/TV about being last person alive on earth

So not all of my threads are so selfcentric.

BTW Socrates - Wikiquote
“An unexamined life is not worth living.”

BTW I didn’t think very deeply at all about my life when I was younger. I was just thinking about other stuff like creationism, comics, computer games, etc.

BTW when people criticize me (like they do a lot) I can either ignore it or think about it… so I think people’s criticism is a lot of the cause of my introspection on the boards.

Fair enough. I guess the point is: people have noticed the ones that are - and it looks like they’ve had more than their fill of them, so maybe focus on the others.

Compiling and posting a list of threads you started is still pretty self-obsessed. Just sayin’.

This feels relevant.

Dude, consider a blog. Most of what you post is more appropriate for a blog than a message board.

If your comeback is, “But I’m looking for a response…”, well, that’s kinda why you come off as trollish to everyone.

Since you brought it up, I’ll point out that all but one of those threads were started during the time in which you were prohibited from discussing your relationship with your wife and similar topics. So it seems you can post about other stuff, when explicitly told to do so.

As we all are, hopefully. It’s a slow week when I don’t discover a new way to err.

Remember that time you tried to drill a hole through your head?

starting a blog is very good advice - you can talk about whatever you want, as often as you want, and people can comment if they feel like it.

shoot, you can do both - blog and post here. maybe if you get a bunch of stuff out in your blog you can keep the stuff here down to…well, less.

good luck with it, anyway.

Hey, you were the one promoting the positive effects of trephination!

Do you ever post in threads you haven’t started?

Okay, JohnClay, you’ve been talked about this and talked about this.

Therefore, it’s the staffs decision that you are not allowed to make topics that are about any of the following anymore: Your wife, your personal relationships with others, sex, or sexuality.

If you make any more threads relating to the above, they will be closed and you WILL be warned.
Lastly, this

…is against the rules. You make another account and any mod finds out about it and it’s an INSTAban, no questions asked. So unless you want to take a huge risk over it, I suggest you don’t do it if you wish to continue posting here.

This topic is closed. If a mod closes a topic for a reason, you don’t go and open another and talk about the one that was just closed. Consider this your first warning for ignoring mod instruction.
Like I said above, do not open another thread about those four things or you will get more, possibly.