Gota Riddle?

STARK:

To quibble a bit, my “word book” is Webster’s New Universal Unabridged Dictionary. You may find the word by looking up “out-” (prefixal use of out), go to the bottom of the page, and scan for this word (outspend is down there as well) I went to www.onelook.com and found it there as well.

How about “aortae”? Does that count? :wink:

Reply Zyada riddle:
What goes in hard and dry and comes out soft and sticky?

Boxed pasta is hard and dry, and then you cook it. It comes out soft and sticky.

Reply to STARK riddle:
Great kings and beggars, and those in between
claim me as their own, yet I’m made of nothing.
I thrive in the day, and lurk in the night;
the meek and the timid may start at my sight

Sun light.

Enright3 coins riddle:
Well that’s what happens when your eyes skip over “more or”. Oops! Good riddle. How about putting all the coins onto one side of the balance and swinging the balance for some centrifical force. Release balance and watch were each coin hits the ground. The one coin that lands in a different area is the conterfiet. Well it could work in theory, if not in practice.

Bubble gum is correct

Note: pasta shouldn’t come out sticky!

Stark-
The shadow knows.

Maybe that’s why I don’t like pasta? Mine comes out sticky enough to cling to the ceiling.

There is a word in the English language in the first two letters signify a male, the first three signify a female, the first four signify a great man and the whole word, a great woman. What is the word?

“Quoth the Raven, ‘Nevermore.’”
E A Poe

I’ll have to give the blue ribbon to Mojo for his shadow answer.

Phobia: I’m always willing to accept an answer, as long as it fulfils all the criteria. I suppose everyone does pretty much claim sunlight as their own, so that works.

But I question whether the “meek and the timid” would be scared of the sun, although they may well be scared of their own shadow.

So, Phobia, a runner-up ribbon for you. :slight_smile:
Twenty white horses upon a red hill,
first they chomp,
then they stomp,
and then they stand still.

~ Complacency is far more dangerous than outrage ~

Credit to my wife for getting this one: Heroine

~ Complacency is far more dangerous than outrage ~

Stark - Teeth

I read that in a riddle book when I was in elementary school!

Name three words that end in GRY

It’s easer to get forgiveness than to get permission.

Mac: I believe we’ve seen that question before… This is trivia rather than riddle, what’s that longest single syllable word in English?

strengths?

Way to go, Mrs. STARK!

“Quoth the Raven, ‘Nevermore.’”
E A Poe

Somebody said:

The riddle was already answered: (but here’s how I’d rephrase it) the bear is white because there are only two places on earth where you can walk south ten miles, east ten miles, and north ten miles and be back at the starting point. The first of these places is the north pole and there are no bears near the other place.

So here’s my riddle: Where is the other place on earth you can do this? (minus killing the bear – I’m not in favor of shooting animals wantonly.)

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

Isn’t it ten miles (in which direction?) from the south pole?

You are trying to get to a job interview but when you get to the company’s building there are two doors to choose from with a perpetual liar who dosn’t want you to get to the interview and a person who tells the truth and does want you to get to the interview standing by each door. By asking one question to only one of the people standing next to the doors, how do you get to the interview?

Ask one person what the other would tell you. for clarity: Ask person A which door person B would tell you to use. A is either lying or telling the truth. If A is telling the truth, then B is the liar. Use the other door. If A is the liar, then he will say the opposite of what B the truthteller would actually say. So you should still use the other door.