Harley Quinn (the series)

I still think Kite-Man is the best.

Batman cannot go down on Catwoman, DC bosses tell Harley Quinn producers

Three episodes into season three, and the show still hasn’t jumped any sharks, humanoid or not.

I’m also enjoying it. I thought Billy Bob Thornton was a pretty good sport.

The director is a good choice, too.

I laughed at the Frazier-style scatting they used to end episode #8!

I enjoyed Season 3 and it went in directions I didn’t anticipate. Nice easter egg with Rita Farr and Garfield Logan co-starring as Martha and Bruce Wayne in “A Hard Wayne’s Gonna Fall”.

Yeah, season 3 was maybe the best one so far.

I think I liked the crazy post-apocalyptic Gotham in Season 2 better, but this one was very good too.

Pulling off what they did with the Joker was pure genius. Still the Joker, just not so bad.

On a tangental note, while watching Cruel Summer this week. I noticed a credit for an actress named Harley Quinn something. Googling shows that she is the daughter of Kevin Smith and now her name makes total sense.

Very very late to the party, but I finally found this show and I am LOVING IT!! I’m a huge “Venture Bros” fan and this show is basically Venture but with DC characters.

I’m like @Hoops, I’ve never been into Harley as a character, not really a fan of Suicide Squad. But this is a whole other thing. It’s just so f’n good. All of the voice actors are amazing. I was most happy to see more play between Psycho (Tony Hale) and Riddler (Jim Rash) in Season 2. They are both so excellent! And yes, Ron Funches!

I just finished S2 last night and can’t wait to binge S3 this weekend.

Not sure when this came to [HBO] Max, but that’s where I’m watching it now.

Season 4 has been announced; will begin July 27 on Max!

Excellent! Now I HAVE to get through all of Season 3 in 2 weeks! Don’t mind if I do!

Be sure to give My Adventures With Superman a try. I personally find it really similar to Harley Quinn in humor, except they decided to go in the opposite direction and make it over-the-top wholesome.

Will do! My brother is a huge DC guy, but he doesn’t always have time to consume as much media as he would like to. I’ll tell him that My Adventures With Superman stacks up :slight_smile:

I enjoyed this show a lot and am looking forward to the next season.

That said, I do have one general complaint about the show, which is the extent to which it just glosses over villainy actually being, you know bad.

There’s this trend in pop culture to just treat villains and heroes as two sides of the same coin… or alternatively villains are just hilarious funny people who do wacky things (I’m looking at you, Despicable Me).

But of course, at some level villains are people who do things that hurt people, and heroes are people who do things that help people. I wish that was addressed at some point. Harley meets someone whose entire family she killed as collateral damage back in her more outright villain-y days, etc… Ivy casually kills someone who was an executive at a chemical company, and then meets his widow and children, who tell her that he was trying his hardest to reform the company from the inside, etc.

I think the show is smart enough to handle it well, and to a certain extent is too smart not to ever address it, if that makes sense.

I never watched Batman: TAS and had no idea that Arleen Sorkin was the original voice of (and inspiration for) Harleen. I definitely remember Calliope from DooL, though. Interesting that she is one degree seperated from both Star Trek and Star Wars. (One character married Q, the other dated Luke Skywalker.)

I didn’t watch Batman TAS either, but knew that the character of Harley Quinn started there and eventually became immensely popular. Obvious she’s filling a gap in the DC Universe that they didn’t realize was there until she came along…

It’s interesting, because there were at least four other DC characters called Harlequin. I knew about the Golden Age Harlequin, but I didn’t learn about the second until much later – this Harlequin had an association with the Joker (she claimed at one point to be his daughter) and dressed like him, with the white face and all. And, like Harley, she started out as a villain and then segued into being a sometime hero. But she didn’t have Harley’s craziness (or her initial Brooklyn accent), and she failed to stake out her own comic persona territory, and she faded.

The other two Harlequins weren’t anything like Harley.

More on the DC Harlequins: