Heroes 10/16 "Come Together"

Did anybody else notice that the casino that Hiro and Ando got thrown out of was the Montecito, the casino in the CBS show Las Vegas?

I meant, of course, the NBC show Las Vegas which would make more sense since it’s the same channel Heroes is on. :smack:

[QUOTE=The Controvert]
Nitpick-alert: A better example would’ve been Lincoln. Omaha, Nebraska is on the border with Iowa, therefore she could live in Council Bluffs, Iowa, but identify her hometown as Omaha. Just like someone in Fort Worth could say they’re from Dallas (or the greater Dallas Fort Worth area).
[/QUOTE]

No one from Fort Worth would EVER say they were from DALLAS! :smiley:

Or, since her website is LasVegasNikki.com, she could just have said that she lives in Vegas. Hard to fathom, I know, but entirely possible.

The only glyph I got was the one when Dopplebanger (heheh) was riding the Flying Congressman. Anyone else? (also the necklace, but that was established last week…)

Wow, this thread is moving fast. Cool!

[QUOTE=middleman]
I must admit to levdrakon that even the Murse was bearable this episode. Maybe he just needed to get laid…
[/quote]
I was thinking last night I have to stop calling him Nurse boy, 'cause now that Simone’s popped his cherry, he’s all growed up.

I was wondering about that too. Seems like one day he’s in NY, then home for dinner. Next he’s in LA, then home for dinner. It’s doable if he’s got a fast private jet at his disposal, I guess.

That’s probably what happened. Based on Claire being so darned accident prone, the autopsy being performed so quickly, the writing’s just not too tight around the Claire story yet. I could see if he was drunk, thought Claire was dead and ran away. The next day when he saw Claire he could be “whoa… I thought… guess I was really drunk.” But if he came back, stripped her and dumped her body in the river I just don’t see how he wouldn’t be completely freaked out upon seeing her. I sure as heck wouldn’t get in a car with her.

[QUOTE=kurilla]

  1. Hiro and Ando have won enough (or can win enough) at the tables to bankroll the super-team (not to mention ensure Captain Congressman’s election). They just need to be a little more careful with how they do it – like not swapping cards at a poker table.
    [/quote]
    I think the thugs will take their money and Hiro’s not going to abuse his powers to make quick cash anymore. He’s learned his lesson.

Peter is potentially a very powerful being once he gets more control over his abilities. Does he take the power away from someone temporarily? Does he share the power? If he ends up surrounded by a group of super-beings, will he be able to pick and choose his powers? Use them all at once? Is he Sylar? The perfect anti-Sylar?

Sylar: “Prepare to die, I’m super strong!”
Peter: “Me too!”
*“I’m telekinetic!”
“Me too!”
“I can fly!”
“Got that!”
“Super fast!”
“Meet ya there, slo-poke.”
“I’ll stop time!”
“Just try buddy.”
“Curses!”
*
Does he steal powers temporarily? I don’t know if he can “see” other super beings, but when in proximity with one, he instinctively knows he’s just come into possession of abilities, and he knows what those abilities are. He knew he could fly because his brother was around, but he didn’t know his brother was the flyer. He seems to have come to the conclusion he borrows powers pretty recently.

[QUOTE=Lightnin’]
See, that’s one thing that kinda bothers me.<snip>
And then we have DoppelBanger, who can… kill people and bang political candidates. Oh, she also gets attitude from her reflection. I mean, have we seen any solid evidence that she’s got any super powers other than a split personality? Some have said that it looked like one of the bad guys was ripped in half, but if that was the case surely we, the viewer, would’ve seen more evidence. I didn’t see it, personally- I just saw a lot of blood. Could be explained by homicidal rage-induced strength.
[/quote]
I’m voting for super-strength. We did for a split-second see a body torn in half. I don’t think berserker-rage alone could do that. Plus she told her friend she’s been dreaming about tearing people apart. I think she means that literally.

When her powers first began to manifest she vaguely became aware of them (as Peter became aware he probably could fly, Hiro became aware he probably could stop time, and Claire became aware she was probably invulnerable), her caring, nurturing mom-side couldn’t handle it so her personality fractured. As her abilities mature, she’ll integrate the two. In a beserker-rage, Niki’s Not Here tore a guy in half. But in the elevator NNH seemed much more in control of her strength. She wasn’t in a Beserker-rage. If she doesn’t have super-strength, I don’t think she could have handled the thug quite so handily without the beserker-rage thing going on.

[QUOTE=middleman]
Clearly Sylar is someone we have met or WILL meet. Otherwise why shroud him in darkness?
[/quote]

Because the actor hasn’t been cast yet and they’re using a stuntman?
Because they want us to think it’s someone we already know?
Because shadowy figures are scary?

I have no idea if any of the above are true but they’re all possible reasons.

The audience doesn’t know that QB McRapesalot stripped her and dumped her. We know he tried to rape her, we know she took a chicken foot to the skull, we know she was stripped and dragged by someone and that she was fished out of the creek at 4:30 AM.

Also assuming that the coroner started work at like 7AM, there’s just enough wiggle room to give Claire time to get home after the autopsy to be “getting up” for breakfast. So that timeline problem is kind of solved.

Just watched the ep again and Peter doesn’t say anything about being able to see or sense or in any other way know that other supers are around. He clearly has no idea what’s going on when Future-Hiro (who, ew, has a soul patch) stops the subway so he doesn’t sense F-H nor does he seem to realize it if he has F-H’s powers.

[QUOTE=Saltire]
I like this as a plot advancement, though I’m totally unsure if this is where the writers are going.

In this kind of story, killing someone intentionally is the sort of thing a heroine doesn’t come back from. If the quarterback dies in the crash, Clair is basically a supervillian from that point onwards.

On the other hand, if he turns out to be supertough and superstrong, survives the crash easily and rips the roof off the car to extricate himself, he remains the villian and she has merely revealed her first nemesis. That she intended to kill him is somehow easily forgotten in the story to follow.
[/QUOTE]

This is a post-modern take on superheroes, the “hero” that doesn’t murder someone in cold blood is the odd man out. And even in traditional superhero comics there is the rapist exception; any woman is allowed to murder a rapist without being “evil”.

[QUOTE=Tristan]
Or, since her website is LasVegasNikki.com, she could just have said that she lives in Vegas. Hard to fathom, I know, but entirely possible.

[/QUOTE]

One generally pretend to be stranded and lonely at a conference–which she did–in one’s hometown.

Really, I was just joking about Niki’s ability to improvise a story and stick with it. I don’t think she’s smart enough to pull it off. No one in the show said anything about Nebraska or Iowa, so there’s nothing to nitpick there at all.

[QUOTE=Ethilrist]
Oh, and we now know more about the random brunette who was following the cheerleader and qb around was. Disposable Expository Backstory Girl.
[/QUOTE]

Heh. I confess to being disappointed, but I suppose they can’t all be secretly significant characters in disguise. But why the hell was she necessary? Claire could have decided on revenge even without the knowledge that McRapesalot has, well, raped a lot. Did they need to give her a nobler cause other than personal revenge?

I have a theory about Flying Congressman. At one speech he commented that his wife would be there “if she could”. I think she’s disabled/very sick/comatose and they may have an open marriage because of it. So as far as he’s concerned he’s not cheating.

[QUOTE=Otto]
Just watched the ep again and Peter doesn’t say anything about being able to see or sense or in any other way know that other supers are around. He clearly has no idea what’s going on when Future-Hiro (who, ew, has a soul patch) stops the subway so he doesn’t sense F-H nor does he seem to realize it if he has F-H’s powers.
[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks for re-watching and clarifying. Apparently, I wanted him to be able to sense or see other supers so much that I dreamed the dialog. :smack:

[QUOTE=levdrakon]
Sylar: “Prepare to die, I’m super strong!”
Peter: “Me too!”
“I’m telekinetic!”
“Me too!”
“I can fly!”
“Got that!”
“Super fast!”
“Meet ya there, slo-poke.”
“I’ll stop time!”
“Just try buddy.”
“Curses!”
[/QUOTE]

love it
I can also see Murse yawning and checking his cuticles while Sylar lists his powers

[QUOTE=HazelNutCoffee]
Heh. I confess to being disappointed, but I suppose they can’t all be secretly significant characters in disguise. But why the hell was she necessary? Claire could have decided on revenge even without the knowledge that McRapesalot has, well, raped a lot. Did they need to give her a nobler cause other than personal revenge?
[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, actually. When she was talking with the AV nerd she pretty much just wanted to forget the whole thing. If not for the brunette (who had a name that I can’t remember) then Claire would’ve not done anything.

[QUOTE=anyrose]
same guy - whose english not only improved (given that he said he’s from the future, that could be explained) - but he has a different voice - looping, perhaps?
[/QUOTE]

:dubious: Have you thought that perhaps he is speaking with his *real *voice at the end :dubious:

For those of you wondering about the “Claire committing murder and going to a dark place” issue, check out the graphic novel at nbc’s website.

[QUOTE=Saltire]
I like this as a plot advancement, though I’m totally unsure if this is where the writers are going.

In this kind of story, killing someone intentionally is the sort of thing a heroine doesn’t come back from. If the quarterback dies in the crash, Clair is basically a supervillian from that point onwards.

On the other hand, if he turns out to be supertough and superstrong, survives the crash easily and rips the roof off the car to extricate himself, he remains the villian and she has merely revealed her first nemesis. That she intended to kill him is somehow easily forgotten in the story to follow.
[/QUOTE]

You might have hit it on the head- the menace she needed to be protected from was herself!!

[QUOTE=astro]
What if Mohinder’s dad is Syler?
[/QUOTE]

Possible: After all, the actor on the book’s cover is a fairly well known character actor.

[QUOTE=Exapno Mapcase]
Did anybody else notice that the casino that Hiro and Ando got thrown out of was the Montecito, the casino in the CBS show Las Vegas?
[/QUOTE]

You notices that too! But they seemed to have deliberately down played that.

I just watched it on NBC.com. I’m rather irritated, as “Part 5” is missing. So I went without noticing from “Part 4” to the very end and wondered what everyone was talking about wrt Hiro getting thrown out of the casino, Niki and her dopplebanger’s tatoo, the girls from the hallway, etc. Thanks, NBC.com!

Some observations: It is definitely a different actor on the back of the book in this episode. Not sure if this is simply an actor getting replaced, continuity, or something more meaningful.

They’re not great with continuity - at the end of last week Cheerbleeder woke up immediately after getting the stick removed, then sat up and said “Holy Shhh–” - something I noticed right away b/c of all those stupid VW commercials using the same shtick. Now this week more time passed before she woke up, and she said “Oh my God!” Slightly annoying.

I was really confused by Cheerbleeder’s missing breasts. It looked unnatural and odd.

RE: Hiro’s voice at the end. I assumed it was the actor’s actual voice, and was used to convery how much time had passed in the future.

Why did telepa-cop say “Who’s Claire?” Why would you share that knowledge with your abductors at that time and place? Not much of a cop.

SuperCandidate not even suspecting that he was being set up = wow. Not much of a politician.

My idea regarding limits on Hiro’s ability to go back in time to warn people/change events: in a previous scene, he had just been knocked unconsious. Since he wasn’t actively doing anything in that timeframe, that opened a window for Future Hiro to return and do something (warn the Murse). Of course, that would suggest that during the 2 days (?) that he was in the future in New York in the premier, perhaps his contemporary self is incapacitated during that time? Or perhaps, in the ways of comic books, everyone else in in the true “now” and it is only the past that cannot be changed.

Ok, so it’s not a totally well thought-out idea, but it would place difficult limitations on where and how Hiro could travel through time, as opposed to simply stopping it.