House: Thirteens whereabouts revealed.

It was hinted in a preview in last weeks episode; but I just now saw for the first time in print about 13’s whereabouts on house…
From http://screenrant.com/olivia-wilde-house-thirteen-return-aco-108266/

[spoiler]…Not only will said episode mark the return of Olivia Wilde to the House, but it has been revealed that Thirteen’s 17-episode disappearance will be attributed to the fact that she was in prison.
“The Big Dig” Episode Description

Thirteen has been in prison for the past year, but the real mystery for House is what she did to get there. When she exits the prison, she is taken aback to find him waiting for her, and unaware he’s got plans for the two of them for the next few days. As House probes Thirteen for more information about her crime, intent on solving the puzzle of her mysterious incarceration, they travel to an annual spud-gun competition and join forces to compete against House’s much younger, overconfident rival, and along the journey uncover secrets and truths about each other.

[/spoiler]

Sounds like a fun episode. I’m enjoying the episodes that diverge from the regular POTW formula. I actually liked the song and dance episode; the episode where they go to the Renaissance Fair, House in the detox unit; and I really liked the episode that focused on Cuddy for the entire episode. That last one was especially good because of the background stuff going on… i.e. a gurney going by with House’s team giving CPR to a patient. Great Stuff.

That was kind of hilarious! And the Segways, the remote controlled helicopters, speed dating, bumper cars, and the kareoke night. People whine about this show being the same old routine every week, and I say, so? They are really introducing some non-medical diversions lately.

Bummer; I never liked Thirteen. I hope they don’t use her as an excuse to get rid of Amber Tamblyn, who was the best shake-up that show’s gotten in years.

Nice use of a spoiler in the thread title. Thanks.

SPOILER: The character Thirteen still exists and has not been floating through an unreal and indeterminable hellscape of non-existence for the past year.

Her return was in the preview following last week’s show. Olivia Wilde was expected to show up at some point, after working on a movie.

:confused:
I sense you’re being sarcastic not serious. Why? Are you actually considering it a spoiler that 13 is still on the show? I’m not seeing where I did anything wrong. Did I?

I’m sorry I wasn’t sensitive to your needs. (OK, I’m not really sorry, which is why that line never works with my wife either)

You put a spoiler in the thread title, which is that Thirteen’s whereabouts are going to be revealed. I did not know that was going to happen. Now I know, because you spoiled me.

Enclosing spoilers from previews inside a thread labeled “OPEN SPOILERS” is no problem with me. Inlcuding them in the thread title, not so cool.

I love Thirteen, and not simply because Olivia Wilde is insanely beautiful. (Though that’s a big part of it.) I’m glad to see her back.

The important thing here is, how many people did she shank in prison?

Olivia Wilde is too skinny and has too much of a plasticky-Hollywood kind of look, and her mouth is too wide. Amber Tamblyn is at least 300% hotter than her.

(Do any real-life MDs wear ultra-short skirts as Tamblyn does? :smiley: )

I actually wrote that Wilde is beautiful, not that she is hot. The terms are not synonymous, at least when I use them. She and, um, whats-her-name who played Cameron are beautiful but not hot. Lisa Edelstein is hot but not beautiful. Sela Ward is both. (Or was when she was on the show – for all I know she’s been dropped into a pit of lava by now.)

I don’t find Tamblyn hot at all. She’s just this side of average, though I like her as an actress.

As to the ultra-short skirt issue: I can’t speak to any MD’s doing so. But when I last my eyeglasses, I went to the Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, which is staffed largely by optometry students. While I wasn’t surprised at the number of hotties in view (students, after all), I was surprised at how attractively they were dressed. Very high heels and above-the-knee skirts (though not micro-minis) seemed the norm rather than the exception.

Wow, I just don’t see it that way. Saying “Thirteen’s whereabouts revealed” is not a spoiler. If anything it’s telling you there’s going to be a spoiler! Then I enclosed the actual information about the whereabouts in spoiler tags. I just checked the mouse-over text and the information was not revealed there either.

You’ve obviously watched House enough to know that 13 is gone. Therefore you must know that 13’s whereabouts are unknown. So If I then say that 13’s whereabouts are now known… that’s not spoiling anything! What did you think that her whereabouts would be forever unknown, thereby an announcement that they were known is spoiling something? :rolleyes:

We need a ruling here. :slight_smile: What’s the consensus? If I’m wrong I’ll humbly apologize (while not agreeing that it spoiled anything), and vow to do better next time.

Man, I pretty much agree with everything you say here. I’m using character names, but I’m referring to the actresses of course. Cuddy is very sexy to me, but not so pretty. I think that 13 is beautiful, but not pretty… she’s kind of strange looking actually. Sela Ward may not have dropped into a pit of acid, but she’s on CSI New York now I think; and I thought she looked, well, like she’s aged quite a few years since I saw her on House (which I guess she has). Amber Tamblyn does absolutely nothing for me. However I find Cameron pretty hot, and beautiful. :slight_smile:

I despise Thirteen and her head is so enormous it frightens me. She looks like Helena Bonham Carter in Alice in Wonderland.

I’m more pissed about the other two spoilers: there’s a show called House and a character named 13! Thanks a lot, jerk.

I don’t watch shows with CSI in the title. Court order.

There really aren’t enough electrons in the multiverse to properly convey enough roll-eyes smilies at the above post, so I guess one will have to do…

:rolleyes:

If revealing what is announced in the show previews and blasted in the commercials for 3 weeks is your idea of a spoiler, you must go through life completely frustrated.
He didn’t even state

she has been in prison all this time

in the title or mouseover space.

I vote no spoiler violation occurred. Thread title is perfectly acceptable.

I agree, no spoiler. Anyone who watches the show knew she was gone. Anyone who pays attention to the credits knew she had to be coming back, eventually. (Olivia Wilde has remained in the title credits all season. They wouldn’t do that if she weren’t coming back at some point this season.)

You don’t even need to glance at a celeb rag to know this. I haven’t even seen the previews and I knew she’d be coming back.

Is next week the new episode?
eta: taking out possible spoiler.