How about a Scotland dopefest?

I can make 4th-6th of May, count me in :slight_smile: (I just booked some time off work)

Anyone who could point me in the direction of a cheap but relatively good place to stay would be way up on my list-of-people-to-buy-drinks-for.

If someone wants to arrange times and places to meet, I can prolly make anytime/place. Dunno if I’m gonna dirve or not though, any advice on parking vs train would be appreciated too cause I have never been to Glasgow.

Rick :slight_smile:
<thinking I should start getting some drinking practice in now> :smiley:

Here’s a hostel that doesn’t seem to have made it into the guidebooks and websites yet. I stayed there last summer and liked it a lot.

Bunkum Backpackers
26 Hillhead St.
tel: 0141 581 4481
Notes from FP’s travel diary:
£9 / night. Nice neighborhood near the university – not central but easily accessible via underground. Small, quiet and very homey; only 4 beds to a dorm, dried flowers and bookshelves w/ an intriguing variety of reading material in rooms. Bathrooms not en suite but convenient; the usual water pressure problems, otherwise OK and very clean.

BTW, I’ll be in York from June through August and would definitely be up for a LeedsDope (especially if RickQ wants to buy me drinks!)

Awww, it’s nice that you guys still want me to come, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable making the trip on my own. We don’t have a car so it’s ~5 hours either way on a bus, plus a night alone in an unfamiliar city. Meeting you guys in Glasgow would be great if I had someone to go with, but it’s not gonna happen if I’m by myself! Anyway, I assure you that Mr Nim is well worth the wait, he’s really much more outgoing than I am, very talkative and funny. He has posted a few times on the SDMB but not regularly due to his working schedule. (He is a lurker, though, and I will endeavour to get him more active. :)) Anyway, when the next one is in its planning stages, I’ll let you know the dates that he’ll be home. Apart from his time out of the country (currently 6 weeks away, 6 weeks home) we’re very flexible about when and where to meet.

I’ve been so busy this month with my new job, I forgot. Did anyone go? What happened? What did I miss? Tell me, tell me!

Erm, not a lot really.

Somehow it didn’t happen, shame really, I guess it needs someone to be more positive in date setting and then everyone can work around that.

Have to say that Edinburgh in the summer is a packed city with hordes of tourists, still a great night out though.

oh! Well, maybe we can re-arrange?