How are gas prices in your area?

We’re ranging from $3.92 to $4.19 for regular in my area.
Thankfully I don’t fuel up very often.

I filled on Sunday at 3.95. Monday, it was 4.19 at the same store, and 4.39 at several other places. I heard on the radio that adjusted for inflation, it’s still cheaper than the peak in 2008.

I can’t help wondering how much of the cost is price-gouging by producers…

I filled up yesterday (Southwestern Oregon). $4.51 for regular. On Feb 27, the last time I filled up, same station, it was $4.49 for premium. There’s usually a $0.40 difference between the two, so it’s safe to say its gone up that much in 8 days.

Prices vary greatly around here depending on the distance from I-5. That’s one of the more expensive stations but its also the one I have a fuel credit card for.

I saw a headline yesterday (but didn’t read the article) that Napa is the highest in the SF bay area. Just checked- Chevron went up again to $5.70/ gal.

I saw $3,899 yesterday.

I hope that is a typo of a comma for a period?!?

I drove past the “cheapie” gas place on my way to work. Yesterday: $5.79 a gallon. Today: $5.99 a gallon. At those prices, it costs me $12 per day to do a round-trip commute to work.

Luckily, Costco’s a buck cheaper per gallon.

I went to Sam’s Club yesterday to do some shopping and to also fill up the car. On my trip, I passed a Fleet Farm. Their gas was $3.99 and so was Kwik Trip and Holiday. When I arrived at Sam’s most of the pumps were in use. I was able to slip into the last free spot. I notice Sam’s price was only $3.39. By the time I was done pumping there were cars lined up around the parking lot to get gas. Someone must have Tweeted out the price!

Typo. It’s $3.899 US dollars per gallon.

Up over four dollars, about to where they maxed in the summer of 2008. I’m not as annoyed by it as I was then. 13 years makes a difference in terms of overall inflation and the reasoning for the spike in oil prices makes a lot more sense to me than it did then. If $5 a gallon gas is the final cost to smack down Putin, I’d consider that cheap.

Between $3.69 and $4.09 here between Cleveland & Akron (Ohio).

One of our local Sheetz stations remodeled and re-opened mid-February. Gas at that station, and the two stations around it, was hella “cheap” for a few weeks. The last two times I filled up was $2.28 and then $2.79. Fun time is over.

We haven’t had those prices around here since… I honestly can’t remember. Probably during the Obama years.

Around here – SE Louisiana which has some of the cheapest gasoline in the US – most stations are between $3.85 - $3.99 for the basic 87 octane. No one wants to be the first to go over $4.00, but it has to be coming very soon. Unless the current prices are artificially** inflated and have some wiggle room built into them.

** IOW, the station could right now make a thin profit at, say, $3.75/gal, but went up to $3.95/gal to build up a buffer. Make some money up front for days or weeks, and then stand firm at $3.95/gal and take small losses for a few more days/weeks until prices per barrel drop and stabilize. Something like that.

You know, bordelond, your reasoning makes more sense than almost any other I’ve heard while thinking about this situation.

Cost me $125 to fill up my car (pictured). Let’s gooooooo, Brandon!

Imgur

I posted too soon. Shortly after posting this, I went on an errand and passed by two stations that were $3.99/gal at 8:00 a.m. today.

At ~12:15 p.m., both stations were at $4.19/gal. A twenty cent jump all at once.

Despite still having half a tank, I pulled into a station still advertising $3.89/gal on their big sign … the pump displayed instead $3.99/gal. Back in the days of manually changing the sign, I’d have understood. But with all digital signage? I guess the pumps and the signs don’t communicate.

I posted that 2 days ago. Cheapest now is $5.34.

$4.19 Maryland, just outside DC.

Back when prices were this high back in the late 00s I was still driving the Crown Vic with its 19 gallon tank. $75 fill-ups were not fun.

Yesterday, Regular fuel at the Lummi gas station was $4.259, and that’s what it was about 05:30 this morning when I drove by. I saw the sign as I passed on the way home, and it’s up to $4.359. And this is one of the cheaper places.

Wow. I was in Southern Ontario until Feb 26 and it was at $1.54/L then.

I’m in Nassau County NY just outside NYC and loaded gas 2 days ago, $3.99/gallon, at the cheapest place near me according to google maps. That same place is $4.24 today. The cheapest I see right now is $4.19; most places are $4.29 or 4.39 and a few are 4.69.