How long has Shagnasty been a dishonest dickhead?

Make up your mind, are you gonna be contrarian, or are you gonna state the bleedin’ obvious?

I said he was an HONEST dickhead :slight_smile:

You can be all those and still be HONEST :slight_smile:

PS. I am dishonest as hell so what all you all’s selfs.

Whoa, which thread sparked that?

I don’t even remember. I mentioned some things he’d said about his family. He told me there was some sort of stalker thing going on and I wasn’t allowed to talk about his family. I’m torn between thinking ever single thing he says is a lie, and not wanting to take the risk that maybe this time he’s telling the truth. He can clarify or not as he wishes.

It’s that thread I linked to. Same page even.

In fairness, while I know Shagnasty has some history on this topic, I wish blake (the OP of this pitting) would dial it back in the current GD thread.

He’s accusing everyone of saying there are phenotypes that clearly denote race, in a number of lengthy posts.

Which is annoying because firstly I, and most of the people he’s accusing, never said that.

And secondly because it’s a hijack. If you read the OP of that thread it specifically says assuming this were true, why would it be a bad thing to say?
A lot of people have talked instead about whether race has any scientific basis, which is not what the thread is supposed to be about, but blake’s tangent is particularly annoying because he won’t put it down.

Thank you. I am an honest dickhead even if some people refuse to believe it. I am not that creative so I have to go through the work of actually living through everything I write about or at least knowing people that do live through exceptional circumstances. Everything I write about is true and I can back it up. All I ask is no stalking but even that is too much to resist for some people.

Blake is a smart guy as well but he is basically the same type of cocky asshole that I am. What he doesn’t understand is that we are two people separated by a common language. I am not dumb and I know he isn’t either so there is no point in fostering conflict when you agree on most things.

Blake is a smart guy and you can count on him to cure one of factual shortcomings. But he is so factual you can’t even use metaphors when discussing with that asshole. Shagnasty over Blake anytime.

Ooooooh, do tell how you’re going to do this?

I laugh at and mock Shagnasty because he is a Grade A blowhard. :stuck_out_tongue:
ETA: I’m not too familiar with Blake, so I can’t comment there.

Other than the OP *specifically asking *if it’s the speech that’s the issue, or the science, you mean…

Well I’d say most important is the line where he specifically states what the thread is about :- “…whether black people have a genetic advantage in Olympic sprinting or NBA basketball, etc. isn’t the point of this thread - maybe they do, maybe they don’t. That’s a scientific discussion.”
And he repeated that point in later posts.

But granted, when he lists questions at the end of the OP the one you mention kinda conflicts.

I should be clear: I’m not having a go at anyone that mentions the science…I think I am among such those that did. If someone starts a thread saying “Assuming you can travel faster than light, what would it look like…” I think it’s valid to point out the problem with the premise.

I just take exception to what blake is doing, which is harping on one point, and “correcting” people that never said the opposite.

Threads move on from the OP - Blake’s challenge isn’t at the OP, it’s at marshmallow’s offhand “They don’t look black either”, and he is totally correct that shagnasty wimped out on answering the challenge when he said he would take it, and then crowed about "checkmate’ like an imbecile, when we can see he tried to play checkers with the chess pieces. And lost. Badly.

How do you explain your dishonesty (as I took it, anyway) regarding the “black phenotype” mentioned in the OP?

Is Blake the one with a cockatoo named Fred?

Ask your girlfriend. She’s seen a cockatoo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Shakra…when Blake meet Shagnasty…and the walls fell…with sails unfurled :slight_smile:

Ernie Dingo?

As far as his family stories go, Shagnasty has always struck me as one of those people whose stories are based on the reality of his existence, but heavily embellished by narcissism and self-delusion.

I believe that he probably comes from a pretty prosperous family. I believe that he probably has relatives who have done interesting things, and made financial and professional successes of themselves. A lot of the individual incidents he describes probably happened in a manner at least vaguely resembling his narratives. His whole family story and his whole persona and attitude are too consistent to be made up out of whole cloth. If that stuff is all pure fiction, then he is one of the master trolls of the internet era.

But while it might be based in truth, every story he tells seems to be passed through a fun-house mirror designed to make Shagnasty appear as big and smart and accomplished and competent as possible. I’m sure that we all do this, to an extent, but he’s taken it to an art form, and enrolled his family story as a sort of accomplice to his self-aggrandizement.

To be honest, the most idiotic shit that Shagnasty comes out with isn’t his family stories and personal history, but his overall worldview and his (efforts at) complex argumentation. His biggest delusion is not about his family history, but about his own intelligence. He says earlier in this thread that “**Blake **is a smart guy as well but he is basically the same type of cocky asshole that I am.” This reflects the depths of his obliviousness, because while Blake might be cocky (i take no particular position on that claim), he at least has some basis for his belief in his own intellect.

Blake spends time talking about the issues; Shagnasty is more concerned with telling people how smart he is. I can’t remember how many times he’s mentioned his “partial PhD” (Note: there’s no such thing) from an Ivy League school, and talked about the advances work in cognitive science and psychology that he did there. But all of this is belied by his absolutely risible efforts to discuss such issues with any intellectual rigor whatsoever. When i look at a thread like this, the only conclusion i can come to is that the profs in his PhD program must have realized soon after he arrived that he just wasn’t up to the brainwork. Here’s another thread he started, with a shitty premise and even worse efforts at rational debate.

I’m not arguing that the lack of a PhD is some sort of measure for intelligence. It’s not. There are millions of incredibly intelligent people in the world without formal qualifications. And intelligence itself is something that has no single definition. But if you’re going to constantly trumpet your own intelligence, including making claims to non-existent academic qualifications, it behooves you to be able to demonstrate it once in a while.

The thread linked by the OP is just another example. Blake suggests the problem is dishonesty. That could be true, but it might also be the case that Shagnasty simply doesn’t even understand why his contribution to the debate is so problematic. He’s one of those guys who sits at a poker table and spends five hours wondering which of the other players is the fish, even as he loses every chip in his stack.

What?

I assume that has something to do with my post?

Here’s a thread where he seemed to come around on and move past his own homophobia (although reading it back, I’m not so sure):

So, I guess the lesson here is that if you can make an argument which somehow manages to line up with his own limited, personal experiences, you might be able to nudge him past his thick-headed, bigoted bullshit. But, it also needs to be an argument that lets him brag about his sex life.