How to get to last post

Except that, if you increase the magnification of the screen, the slider bar disappears. If I reset the screen to standard size to see the slider bar, the text is too small for me to read.

Okay, okay. All the other answers are equally valid and possibly actually better than what I have previously claimed was the real answer.

On my phone, there’s a little indicator of which post you’re on —15/989, say — and you can click on it, and clickety-clack to that last number.

On mine, I click on the 15/989, the slider appears, and I slide it to the end. Is that what you mean by clickety-clack?

I meant the “jump to” option.

Hmm…the “jump to” option on mine requires that I type in a number. There’s nothing to clickety-clack. What theme are you using?

Sorry, by “clickety-clack” I meant typing in the number, as if, y’know, clicking and clacking three keys on a keyboard: it’s struck me as faster than scrolling, and therefore a shortcut — if not as fast as the separate slider.

Oh, I see. Thx!

Macs don’t have an END key? That’s news to me. I’m on a Mac, typing on a Mac keyboard, and it has that key (which works as described).

I have a apple wireless keyboard, sold with my Mac and nope.

It’s a relatively small difference among the many contrasts between Macs and PCs, but two things Mac keyboards lack that have always been found on PC keyboards are Home and End keys. These two keys can be used to jump to the beginning or end of a page.

I’m on a Mac, and using a keyboard designed for a Mac, and I have home and end keys: but the keyboard, while it’s designed for a Mac, isn’t made by Apple, it’s made by Logitech.

– whether I use the end key or click below the slider depends on whether I’ve got my hand on the mouse or the keyboard at the time.

On my phone, I can tap the #/posts thing that brings up the slider, at the bottom of the slider is the time of the last post. Tap the time. It’s two taps.

On my iPad, I use a browser that has a visible scrollbar which is designed for jump: tap it somewhere and the thumb instantly jumps to there (moving the page there, without any animation). If you go into Settings, I think you can enable this behavior on a Mac – assuming you are ok with having the scrollbar always visible (my Mac is a G5, so I have almost no idea what macOS is like these days).

It worked! Easier than sliding.

Yes, which is why in both of my posts, I mentioned that it was in the OP.
:grinning:

Yes, but I’m hardly ever in the OP, so I wasn’t making the connection.

Excellent answers here for navigating within the topic, but when outside the topic, note that these click / tap areas offer fun experimentation as well:

https://blog.discourse.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/discourse-topic-list-click-tap-areas-updated.png