How to get to last post

How , besides endless scrolling) do we just jump to the last post?

Use your “End” key.

Mac Keyboards dont have one.

1. Fn + left and right arrow keys

Press the Function key and the right arrow key to jump to the end of a page, and Function and left arrow to jump to the top of a page.

This keyboard shortcut works on most non-editable and some editable pages. It works, for example, with the new Photos app and iTunes, along with Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It also works when editing a document in LibreOffice but not when you are editing a page in Google Drive.

2. Command + up and down arrow keys

Press the Command key and the down arrow key to jump to the end of a page, and Command and up arrow to jump to the top of a page.

This keyboard shortcut works with Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It also works when editing a page in LibreOffice and Google Drive, but it does not work with Photos or iTunes.

thanks.

How have you been getting to the end of other websites with long scrolls? Like newspapers? Is this the first time it’s come up?

When I see a list of threads – either through ‘latest’ or ‘unread’ or ‘new,’ I get to the last one by clicking the number in the far right hand column – the one that indicates how long ago the last post to the thread was made.

'Zat work for others ?

ETA: if I’m already in the thread, …

If it tells me that I’m on post 7 of 132 (ie, 7/132), I can either append a “/132” to the end of the URL, or … if it already displays a post number … I change that post number to 132.

'Zat make sense ?

It seems like OP is referring to a thread that he’s already in, hence the endless scrolling. Clicking on a thread in a list of threads will already take you to the furthest point you were in that thread.

A single key combination is faster.

Btw, if you type a question mark in a thread or a list (not in a reply), it pulls up a list of keyboard shortcuts. I haven’t used any of them because I never remember they’re there. Also, they don’t seem to do what I expect they’re going to do.

I just use the in-thread slider and you can get to the end of any thread in a fraction of a second.

Well, I’ll be damned …

Thanks !

An alternative if you’re in-thread.

Press the hash (#) key.

A dialog box comes up asking you to enter either a post numner of (toal) posts, or a date.

Enter the last post number. Click OK. You will be delivered to the last post.

At the bottom of the slider bar, there’ll be (or at least there is on my screen) a time given for the last post.

Click on that time.

The OP of a thread always has a “last reply” icon along the bottom. Click on that.

All the other answers are noises that distract you from this, the real answer.

Actually, I’ve been fascinated to see how many different answers there are to this; some of which I hadn’t previously discovered.

(Will probably just keep clicking on the time at the bottom of the slider, though; that’s simplest on my screen. But I don’t know what it looks like on a phone.)

How is that better or faster than hitting the End key (or Cmd-Down arrow on a Mac)?

AFAICT, the slider is the only shortcut option on a phone.

That’s the other real answer!

The “Last Reply” icon in the OP is available on my iPhone.

That only works if you happen to be in the OP.