I can't believe I'm starting the MMP

Afternoon all. Soccer took care of most of the day, left home a little after 8am to get ready for a 9am game, then had about an hour’s break before coaching the 8U boys at Noon, the 8U girls at 1pm, and refereeing 10U boys games at 2:00 and 3:15pm so got home about 5pm. Legs hurt something fierce and the soles of my feet do not bear looking at. But games got coached and refereed, and I got some exercise, so there is that.

{{shoe}} ya done a good thing and that’s a fact, even if the recipient doesn’t acknowledge it (we know). Take care.

hippie, glad you could enjoy the reunion.

Nut, read your comments about your stuff and had to think about the George Carlin skit…(NSFW) George Carlin - A place for my stuff - YouTube

Have pretty much avoided media on 9-11, the nice thing about soccer is that it goes to U19 only, so all the players have been born after that event. Nellie, I bet your display, lessons were wonderful.

OK, need to seek out nourishment, have survived so far on some Instant Breakfast, a Pepsi, and a bag of Lay’s Chips. Probably should find something a little more like a meal.
All y’all take care.

I’m glad your reunion went well hippy. I tend to enjoy mine, even though we keep track of one another on FB.

shoe, your mom should love your project once she gets home. Not your problem that she left when she did.

SIL and I went junking today in magic’s neck of the woods. I fixed Shakshuka for breakfast (and will eat the leftovers for breakfast tomorrow), went to Goodwill here in town, then to an estate sale in Franklin that I had wanted to check out (they had some cool stuff for the studio. I spent $21.50 for a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff. There was also a marimba there that I would have considered, had I had the space for it), hit the Goodwill there and a couple of junk shops before coming back here. We had pupusas at the little place down the street and I introduced her to Janarty’s ice cream shop (brown sugar boubon ice cream in house made waffle cones). We called it a day around 3:30. :slight_smile:

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

After lunch I remembered that I have an old laptop with a DVD drive, and that I still have all of my old DVDs/Blu-rays in two big disc wallets. Add an HDMI cable and a wireless mouse (to act as a remote control), and I’ve been watching West Wing episodes on my TV all afternoon/evening. I also decided to hang the possible expense and keep the hotspot going all day, so I’ve had connectivity on my iPad. It’s been almost like a normal Saturday, minus having to get up every now and then to change the disc (old school)!

I really don’t know why I still have my DVDs and Blu-rays. I haven’t had a player connected to my TV in at least seven years; everything I watch now is online. It’s probably because I keep the disc wallets tucked away, and hardly ever think of them. Today I’m glad that I have them!

I decided to skip the live jazz tonight. If you knew me, you wouldn’t be shocked. :slight_smile: It isn’t unusual for me to change my mind about going out when I’m going to be alone. And with the TV and hotspot going, I’m pretty comfy on the couch with my dog. The show is sold out, so my no-show won’t have much (if any) effect.

Nice try, everyone, but I am not loading/running my dishwasher!!

:rofl:

Howdy Y’all! We had some quality cee-mint pond time and achieved nappage. Even got energized enough to make BLTs and oven fries for sup.

shoe a day of sloth and doin’ as next to nuttin’ as possible is a good thing. OK, I’ll admit to a lot of that around here and maybe more than we should, but, hey, we like bein’ sloths. So should the rest of your weekend be at home in sloth mode, so be it. Also, you did the thing for your mom so you get a gold star. :star: :star: Two of 'em even!

oopsie I didn’t load my dishwasher either. We be rebels!

Me either! Mine has been broken for two years. It’s paper plates, plastic silverware and minimal hand washing for my housemate and me. ‘Spose I should do something about that. In such an old house one thing broken always leads to other things that need fixing to fix Problem X.

The grocery store always seems willing to sell me more paper plates.

Thank all of you again for the kind words. I actually thought that there was a possibility that when we arrived I would be told that they had not received my registration and payment and there was no room for walk ins.

Sometimes social anxiety really sucks

I’ve had three glasses of wine.

That is all.

Thanks for the kindness, ya Mumpers.

An enormous {{ huggzz }} to our Hippie

And some more for our {{{{{shoe}}}}}.

Yippee! My new armchair arrived! With my hand joints grumbling, I wasn’t sure how I’d assemble it, but it was simple–no tools. Screwing in the legs was no fun, but it didn’t take long. It is now in place, and I’m pleased with it.

I missed the gym yesterday, and it was weight-training day, but there’s no way I could grip the equipment, so that’s out. I’m turning to mush, but it can’t be helped.

I took out trash and had a laughing fit trying to swing it like a hammer throw. People must think I’m bonkers. |checks self| Oh. Right.

shoe, yeesh, your mama has some issues. Years ago when living with my, uh, difficult ex, I learned an effective response to remarks like the one your mom laid on you: “Huh.” You know, like someone just told you there are 70,000 species of snails. Repeat as necessary. It feels great!

I didn’t run my dishwasher because I ran it yesterday.

I’m sleepy. Tomorrow will be better. G’night, all.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 68 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 91 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. The big item on today’s agenda is deheathenization. I shall Verge today. Then we head back to da cave to prepare and consume N.O.L. which shall be grilled poke chops, scalloped N.O.T., baby lima beans, squish casserole, and rolls. The N.O.T. and squish casserole are already made and ready to bake and the rest will not take long to get ready. Nappage to ensue shortly afterwards. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Nellie yay for new chair and not takin’ long to put together. Oh, and there is never anything wrong with amusin’ oneself. I like the response. It’s simple and effective.

Boo after the ‘rents got us all up, grown, and outta their hair, they quit usin’ real plates. They used real silverware, however. Seriously, the real plates never came out again, even when we all got together.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y’all!

Wouldn’t you know - the first night in ages that we were both out cold, and the alarm at 5 woke us! I’m hoping after FCD sees the doc this week, his meds will go to “as needed” rather than “every 6 hours.” But that’s not till Thursday.

Hot and humid returns today for at least a week. Looks like I’ll be closing up the house in a few hours. Dammit. I thought we were done with the 90s. Stoopit weather. Yeah, I know other people have it worse, but some other people have it better, and I’m here and I can complain about our weather all I want, so neener neener neener! Stoopit humidity.

No real plans for the day. I may futz in the yard till it gets too gross to be outside. Or not. We’ll see.

Happy Sunday!

Good morning!

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted and fixing to do KP (both from yesterday and today :open_mouth: )

Once that’s done, I’ll get sheveled and take Nelson to the dog park. Hopefully, his buddy Max will be there. When I get home, I’ll tune into the heathenization service (we were originally slated to go back to in-person this month, but Delta :frowning: ).

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Morning all. Slept until 7am so feel reasonably human. Think I will sojourn west to the nearest open Golden Corral (the nearby one closed during the pandemic and never re-opened). About a half-hour drive, but I’m in the mood for some buffet. Heading back to the high 80’sF today, so probably watch tackleball for my afternoon activity.

Did not run my dishwasher yesterday. Probably Tuesday as the available space is getting smaller.

nellie, glad you got the armchair assembled. A lot of stuff I had to assemble came with those little hex keys/Allen wrench, and I’ve got an assortment of them in a drawer here.

OK, need to put on some clothing and retrieve the newspaper from outside. All y’all take care. this fine Sunday.

The glider I got earlier this week came with just such a tool. I also got two of them with FCD’s recumbent exercise bike and one with the shoe rack/bench we got last month. I’m not sure where they’ve all ended up - I expect we’ve tossed more than a few into the garbage, as we have multiple full sets of metric and standard out in the shop. At least they’re more substantial than some free screwdrivers that have come with certain items. They appear to be made with the crappiest steel available so they barely last long enough to assemble the items.

Holy cow - it’s nearly 9! FCD is still abed, which is great - poor guy has been having a terrible time trying to sleep. I’ve tended to the critters, emptied the dishwasher, and had my breakfast. I want to shower and dress, but I’ll remain in robe and slippers till he wakes up, because I’m nice, dammit! :smiley:

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today. I’m cleaning, and today is Dishwasher Day! Yay! No laundry, though. :frowning:

Yay for FCD sleeping!

Spousal unit is up, showered, dressed, exercised, fed, and chilling in front of TV. I’m showered, dressed, I’ve tidied the kitchen, and I tossed a load of sheets in the washer.

Tomorrow’s PT is at 12:30. I’m going to talk to the therapist about what we’re doing at home, to be sure I’m not messing anything up. Specifically the exercise where I’m supposed to put some pressure on his upper leg to help straighten his leg. I don’t know if I’m pushing too hard or not hard enough. Mostly, I just sit next to the bed with a stopwatch, counting off his reps, and I’m pretty sure I’ve got that nailed! :wink:

Windows still open - I figure about noon or so, I’ll have to seal the place up again. Woe!!!

Speaking of high school reunions, it’s now 20 years since I graduated from high school. I imagine there won’t be reunions in Covid time.
I’m not sure if my high school even organizes any reunions.
I did go to a 10-year reunion, but that was a small event in a bar that was organized by some students.

Morning, all!

FCM and I live near enough to have similar weather: I wound up closing my windows and turning the a/c back on last night, after it got to 75 in the house. This morning has been very nice, but I haven’t bothered opening the windows again because of the predicted 90s today/all week.

I went to a few reunions at the 5- and 10-year level (both HS and college), but for the others either I wasn’t interested or the reunion events were on Friday evenings and I’d have to miss some work (my college is 150 miles away; I went to HS just 50 miles away, but rush hour traffic going north is a nightmare on Fridays). My 30-year HS reunion was two years ago, and I can’t remember if anything special even got organized; it might have been rolled into an “alumni weekend” thing (small school). I can’t imagine going to my 30-year college reunion in two years, either, if they have one (also a small school).

Time to jump in the shower, then head to the living room and veg until Verizon shows up. I really hope they can get here and get the FiOS fixed before I have to leave for my workshop. :crossed_fingers: I think lunch will be sort-of-quesadillas (jalapeno cheddar nuked in tortilla shells), and a little fruit sampler thing I bought at the grocery store after work on Friday.

Good morning.

I’m glad your reunion went well, Hippie.

Yay for new and easy to put together furniture, nellie!

I took some Nyquil last night and it must have helped with the sleep issue. I fell asleep relatively quickly and I slept until around 4:00 am, but I stayed in bed until about 6:30 catnapping.

Somehow, though I feel worse today. I am hoping it’s just because it’s morning and I haven’t been up all that long. We’ll see.

I did run my dishwasher yesterday and I plan to run it again today. I went through a period of time when the kids were still at home where I used paper plates to help cut down on the dishwashing. That lasted about a year or two, and then I went back to using dishes. My husband drives me insane because he uses a dish for every single item. For example, he uses a bowl for chips, which is fine because he’s practicing portion control (of a sort). However, when he wants a refill, he uses an entirely new bowl! He won’t use the same bowl. I’ve gotten on him about that, and he’s trying to do better, but he doesn’t always remember. The same for a drink. I use the same glass throughout the day. Not him, every time he gets a drink (unless he’s drinking straight from a can or bottle), he uses a new glass. Thus, instead of maybe running the dishwasher every couple of days, I need to run it daily.

I woke up to glorious rain this morning. I didn’t quite realize it until I came downstairs and was greeted by a very wet Polar. That silly dog likes to lie in the rain and snow. He is a snow dog, so I get the snow, but the rain not so much. At any rate, he’s had his morning meds and peanut butter biscuit and is now hanging out with me in the den.

I was going to mow the lawn today, but I guess that’s not happening. It’s fine, I’ll concentrate on some indoor chores plus the usual Sunday laundry. I also need to contact the vet and get a Rymadil refill for Polar. He only has a day and a half left on his current bottle. That stuff is spendy and goes fast now that I have to give it to him twice a day.