I had spoiled milk for breakfast (maybe TMI)

Let me preface this by saying that I am terrible at waking up. Takes me about an hour. By the time I’m ready to go out the door, I’m fine, but up until then, about the only thing I’m fit for is a George Romero movie.

To set the scene, I wake up at my usual time of 6:00 am. I stumble downstairs and feed the cats, then proceed to feed myself. Today’s menu is Honey Nut Cheerios. I pour a bowl and add milk from a freshly opened bag. The first spoonful goes into the wrong pipe, leading to a small coughing fit. As I’m a smoker, there’s an attendant bit of phlegm to deal with. I’m left with a sour taste in my mouth, which I attribute to the phlegm.

I continue eating, and vaguely notice that the sour taste hasn’t left my mouth by the end of the bowl. Hmmmmm. Honey Nut Cheerios are deliciously sweet, I think to myself. Surely they should have taken the sour taste out of my mouth. Lights begin to go on. I take a sniff of the milk, and sure enough, it’s gone sour. Badly sour. I begin to pour the milk down the drain. It’s chunky.

So far I’ve only had some slight cramping. No vomiting, and only one BM. Can I expect worse? Mad Farting Cow Disease? Anyone ever done this before, assuming you’ve been dull-witted enough to actually consume an entire bowlful of rancid milk?

…am i going to die…

Oh god, I’m laughing so hard I’m crying.

Maybe this is the Feculent Herd’s way of biting (mooing) back at you. Speaking of which, it’s been a while since you last gave us a tale of the FH. What’s up with that?

I haven’t ever drank “chunky” milk, but I will pour it on cereal if it’s maybe a day or two past it’s prime. However, since I’m lactose-intolerant (but stubborn – I just eat dairy, chug Pepto, and deal), my effects are probably different from yours.

I will say that just-turned milk is definitely not fatal. You probably won’t have much of an effect at all (though the “chunky” reference gave me pause). I never experienced any different symptoms between drinking fresh milk and just-turned milk. Just the usual lactose-intolerance stuff.

You wasted some perfectly good pre-cheese! :stuck_out_tongue:

Which reminds of a time I left for a weekend and forgot to do the dishes beforehand…which had already been there a few days. Got back, and as I was washing one bowl, I thought to myself,
“Hmmm…this bowl smells like some really good cheese. I don’t have any cheese this good smelling, and I wouldn’t have eaten it in this bowl-OH GOD THE BOWL HAD MILK!” :eek: