I have a date on Wednesday

^
Try not to date more than one girl in your neighborhood, or office, or congregation, or other.

I thought this was the whole point of Tinder.

Kind of. You send dick pics and pussy pics online then never meet. :smiley:

Ignore the advice about wearing cologne. Enough women dislike it enough that it’s a big risk you don’t want to take. Same goes for overly strong aftershave.

I’ve found that the type of cologne, as well as how much is used, is critically important. The Axe, Old Spice, etc. type colognes, the ones that grab a hold of people and scream, “SMELL ME DAMMIT!!” are no good. More subtle, less-musky/spicy scents, applied conservatively can be very well-received and appreciated. Of course this is only my personal anecdote, based on conversations with lots of women. As well as a few successful efforts myself. :smiley:

Au de Toilet works well for me. :slight_smile:

Yeah, good example. I like “Man in a Bottle”, bka Jean Paul Galthier (sp?). That and Dolce and Gabbana’s “Light Blue”. They both have a very light, clean smell. A couple sprays to my torso and I’m good and dapper. :cool::stuck_out_tongue:

Where I live, cologne on men (and women) over the age of 20 or under the age of 75 is definitely not a thing anymore and is considered anachronistic and somewhat tacky, whether Axe or Givenchy Pour L’Homme. Everybody’s got scent sensitivities and aroma allergies and it unbalances their chakras. Not worth the OP taking the chance. Besides, it’d just clash with the scent of his underarm deodorant when he gets nervous and sweats. :slight_smile:

I have no idea if cologne is “a thing” around where I live. I just enjoy it myself. I use it so sparingly that you have to be very close to me to even detect it. Plus the fact that I don’t smell “cologney”, I smell clean. Kinda like a clean soap smell. I hate the overpowering ick of most guys colognes. And I wear antiperspirant, no scent. :wink: And nobody ever has complained to me about a scent sensitivity or allergy being aggravated from my scent. But obviously, to each his own. I also enjoy nice scents on my girlfriend, so I guess I’m just behind the times. :smiley:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to come off so condescending or to point a finger at you, I assume you know what you’re doing! Just a caution to the OP not to gamble on an as-yet untested audience.

I think our common ground is that, cologne or no cologne, women like men who look and smell fresh and clean. Something not so easy to pull off, from my experience.

How was the ice cream?

If you’re going to start your commentary with, “Where I live…”, please consider including ‘where’ that might be, for your readers.

Mongolia? Peru? Iceland? Eastern Europe? Backwoods Arkansas? Rural Alaska? Hong Kong?

How are we to know? It must be important, it’s both your qualifier and first word! Don’t be so coy, just tell us where, ‘where I live’ is!

Your audience will thank you!

Finally, it’s Thursday. Update?
(Or is the Wednesday night date still going…?)

Hey everyone.

Yes I decided to check out of this thread for the day so I could stay true to myself (even though I value the conversation)

We ended up going to a local food festival instead. Walked outside for a few hours. Had some great conversation.

It all ended in a kiss :slight_smile:

So wow, someone out there thinks I’m ok to be around. I had a great evening, and she said the same. So we are going to plan to meet once more before my trip to San Francisco on Monday.

I don’t know of course what the future holds for us, it was the regular mix of exciting information and some visions of the future…I wonder if my future could fit into her future outlook. There looks like some question marks there. I think for now though a few more meet ups are worth it to get a good sense of the situation.

Regardless I have gratitude for a wonderful evening with a very nice lady. Thankful.

:slight_smile:

Yay! Glad it went well and you had a good time. Probably a good idea to ignore the lot of us. :wink:

Despite all the joking we had in this thread, I’m glad to hear the date worked out!

Excellent. I hope the next date goes at least as well.

Congrats!

Congrats, Quasimodal! And I’d like to know where you live, too.