I hereby accept the SDMB's offer of a moderator position

I know that these things are usually handled in private, but as this is the start of my new career as a moderator, I figured that I might as well make it public. Normally people have to apply for the gig, but evidently Ed was so smitten with me (thanks again big guy) that I received an offer about a week ago without even having to apply. It goes without saying that this is a big responsibility, and I really appreciate the trust that’s been placed in me. I promise to rule fairly and dispassionately on all issues. Except those where people are just being fucking stupid. Ed said I could ban those people.

As this is my formal acceptance I don’t expect to have my Moderator tag for a little bit (and this is Sunday, after all). But that should be set up soon and I’ll be given dominion over Great Debates and About This Message Board. I can’t wait until I get my free coffee mug, it’ll truly make all the time I’ve spent on the Dope over the years worthwhile.

Thanks again, looking forward to a great few years.

Congrats, Finn! I’ve always thought you’d be a great moderator, and that you’ll apply the rules fairly and all that other good stuff.

please don’t ban me.

Wait a minute! I got that same email!

Happy April Fools!

Nah ACM, I got the PM from Ed 8 days ago, it wasn’t an April Fools thing.

Did Ed ask you to provide your bank account details? Was his name “Ed Zottonkwo”? And was his address a box at the GPO in Lagos, Nigeria? If so, I think you’ve been scammed.

Shouldn’t the Pit have become The Corn Field so we could wish someone into it?

Is this for real?

If you build it, they will come.

I hereby accept the offer to become Revered and Accepted Secret Master of the Straight Dope and Lord Protector of the Dopelying Regions. I shall be just, fair, and, above all, utterly beholden to Drama and Lulz as I gleefully murder you all and ban you for no reason your puny minds can comprehend.

We previous mods are delighted to relax our stranglehold on the boards and turn them over to the new un-vetted overlords.

I turned down the offer. I didn’t want to see my name in thread titles in ATMB every other day.

I demand that you mod me, bitch.

Is it a paying gig? And if so, how much? And if, “a lot,” then can I be a mod? I promise to be fair and impartial except to protected categories of people that I hate. :slight_smile:

You get paid in coffee mugs that never come.

I’m torn between “SUH-WEEEEEET!” and “It’s about damned time!” :smiley:

I’ve decided to accept the position of She Who Must Be Obeyed (and Fed Chocolate Regularly). PM me for details on where the chocolate must be sent.

I hope you brought some corn oil for the initiation.

Do I get a 1099 for those? I have a bit of a tax problem. :slight_smile:

Yes, but those never come either.

So the coffee and the 1099s are also cursed?