I just watched "Dumb and Dumber."

Last week, a friend of mine PVRd “Dumb and Dumber.” It was on broadcast TV, so I don’t know how it faired with the original version.

It is a work of art. The movie is on par with the Marx Brothers and the Three Stooges. Holy fuck I laughed!

I haven’t seen the sequel, so no spoilers please.

Anyway, I just thought I’d express my love for the movie here. Nothing else.

Arguably Jim Carey’s greatest work.

Don’t see the sequels.

One of the sequels was a cash-in with different actors after Carey had no interest in doing another. The other was a cash-in WITH Carey long after anyone stopped caring. Both are supposedly terrible.

It’s up there but I would put The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine above it, maybe Cable Guy as well.

Oh it was funny. The whole moped thing was perfect low comedy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go have a couple of bowls of loudmouth soup.

“You can’t triple-stamp a double-stamp, Lloyd!!! You can’t triple-stamp a double-stamp!!”

Dumb comedy very rarely raises to the level of art. Dumb and Dumber is a masterpiece of the genre.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone of South Park fame reportedly were given an advance in the late 90s to write a sequel to Dumb and Dumber. Fortunately they were wise enough to realize no sequel could measure up to the original and they returned the money.

Did they cut the part where you get a spectacular view of Lauren Holly’s bare bottom? :o

The official sequel is better than most people give it credit for. The sense of humour is a match, the jokes are equally as crude, equally as silly, with teh performances from the leads equally as manic. But it was made way too late, is trying a bit too hard, and doesn’t have anywhere near as good a storyline.

No. It was preserved. Thank goodness.

It’s so wonderfully spankable! :cool:

Seriously?

Fun Fact: The guy who played the heavy in D&D was none other than Charles Rocket, who (if you didn’t know) was famous for saying the word “fuck” on ***SNL ***in the early '80s. (He was canned from the show not long afterward.)

He committed suicide in 2005 by slitting his throat in the middle of a New England meadow.

The snowball fight was great. I pulled that Jeff Daniels move on a GF on a ski trip once. She didn’t appreciate it.

*Hey guys! Whoa, Big Gulps, huh? All right! Welp, see ya later!

Mary, I…desperately want to make love to a schoolboy.

Don’t you go dying on me!*

One of the most quotable movies of the 90s!

Yeah, I’ll do it. Sometimes, I’ll even have a cup of coffee I forgot about left overnight in the car and I’ll finish it the next morning as “iced coffee” (well, at least during the last few months, where it’s been winter. I don’t really do this during the summer.) And, sometimes, when I just want the caffeine hit and don’t care about anything else, I do the OP’s tap water and instant coffee thing (though I’ve been out of instant for a couple months now.) It’s all fairly disgusting (well, except for the cold coffee in the car–that actually tastes okay to me.)

Lloyd…Lloyd, is that you?

Didn’t you mean to post that in this thread?