I Locationed - Have you? A thread with a Community Benefit

I have found myself and shared

Yeah, me too! It was closed for some reason when I tried to visit back in 2004, so I had to settle for Mystic Seaport instead, which is a pretty nice museum in its own right.

I’m locationed.

It’d be kind of interesting if there were a way for us to list all the places we’ve lived–“Oh, you’re from Chicago originally? I grew up in Oak Park!” or “You lived in Oceanside, CA?I grew up there!” But perhaps that’s more info than people want to give.

Eureka!

And that would be interesting, but I don’t know if I’d get all that specific. I lived quite nearly on the other side of the US when I first joined this board.

I’ve visited Olympia, with an uncle who was a Columban priest. He’d been a missionary in Korea so I got to eat some wonderful Korean food there. And I loved my visits to the rain forests.

Here’s my list.
Dubuque Iowa no memory, newborn only
Anamosa Iowa
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Saint Charles Missouri
Omaha Nebraska
Dorchester Mass (in Boston)
Cambridge Mass, down Brattle Street from Havhard.
Jamaica Plain, also in Boston
Lincoln Nebraska
Make me an offer, single room occupancy only unless you have a cute boy butt and are a great kisser.

I recognized it immediately. We stopped there on the way to Mystic Sea Port. I loved visiting there.

I locationed!

Thanks for moving this thread. I hadn’t seen it before. I always had my location on the other board.

On the old board mine used to say “Where The Wild Roses Grow” which is a Nick Cave duet with Kylie Minogue, and was meant to be an esoteric way of telling you I was in Australia. It maybe was too esoteric, as nobody seemed to recognise it, or get what I was going for even if they did. So this time, less obtuse, more accurate.

FWIW, I remember seeing that at the top of your vBulletin posts. All it ever meant to me was “I’m a poetic free spirit kinda guy.” So yeah, perhaps a bit too esoteric. But it was a favorable impression overall. So you got that part right, at least for this one member of your worldwide audience.

So, this thread was somewhere else? Thread games? No wonder I didn’t see it.

Ok, I’m locationed now. Where do I pick up the prize money?

@running_coach I was born in Turlock. Moved north when I was three or so. My parents were sweethearts at Turlock High.

At least you escaped. :wink:

My grandparents weren’t so lucky. They moved to Crow’s Landing.

So I showed some stuff from my prior town. Here is the view from my new town. It is a short walk to the waterfront.

That is the Verrazzano Bridge connecting Staten Island to Brooklyn and beyond the bridge is NYC proper.

Cannot wait for the pandemic to end and warmer weather. I have 8 bars in & over a dozen restaurants including one of the best Diners in NJ in walking distance. Lots of nice little stores too.

Locationed have I been, for a long time now, yes!

Moving it did seem to give it a nice burst of attention. Maybe every couple of months we should move it to a different category; though this might be the best place for permanent residence. (Of the thread, that is.)

I’m up for that if someone nudges me once in awhile. I’ll move it around.

Maybe time to move it now?

I’m so done with this.

Glad to see this resurface. It still happens often that people make posts for which their general location is relevant, but they don’t say where they are in the post and they don’t have their location in their avatar. No, I can’t just memorize where everybody is because they mentioned it in some other thread two years ago, or even if it’s 300 posts and two days back in the thread in question.

OK, MPSIMS to IMHO