I pit EGG

God it’s vile. Especially scrambled egg. It looks like mouldy sick. Why do people eat it? And it smells like old, unwashed socks. Urgh.

Oh no, not nice chicken eggs.

Soft and scrambled are my life support. I have a bad case of Strep throat and eggies are all I can take right now - they are my friends.

Why the hate?

I go through phases with egg. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it. I’m in a love phase right now, just had scrambled egg with flaked salmon on ciabatta covered with hollandaise sauce. Yum!

Mmmm… Fried egg sunny side up with the middle runny so you can dip your toast in it. Divine.

Eggs are the most vile food imaginable to me. I’ve got nothing against the concept of eating one; I don’t mind it if it’s in a cake or something where I can’t smell, taste, or see it. Eating them straight up, ugh. Always felt that way since I was a kid. I’d have to be deep in the throes of starvation to eat one, at the point where my brain just kicked into base survival instinct mode.

Ho Ho Ho. Merry eggsmas.

Moved from The BBQ Pit to Cafe Society.

Gfaptor
Egg Moderator

I used to hate them growing up, but now quite enjoy them, especially in an omelette.

Hmmm scrambles eggs, Thanks for the breakfast idea!

Hi Hippos. Good to see you back. :slight_smile:

But I have to disagree with you about the eggs. :wink:

On my life wishlist is the burning desire to cook, and eat, an ostrich egg. I’d do it, too! Yes, I’d eat the whole thing, cholesterol and all! Scrambled, I should think. Or hard boiled. I wonder how long it would take?

There’s your problem. You pit cherries not eggs.

Lunch today will involve eggs. Probably poached.

Poached? Oh, that’s right. You can’t legally hunt them until Easter.

Mmmm. Scrambled with sweet chili sauce and cheese. Or barbecue sauce. Or hot sauce. Yummy.

Hippos: I have just saved you from two eggs (scrambled). One in an egg, bacon, cheese, and Tabasco breakfast burrito; and the rest just plain because I didn’t want another burrito.

While it has been proven that eggs contain cholesterol, it has not yet proven that they raise the level of serum cholesterol in the human bloodstream.

Poached egg on an english muffin with aged cheddar, sausage, butter, onion, marmite, chipotle peppers and sundried tomatoes is my favorite breakfast.

Hard boiled with generous helpings of franks Red Hot sauce.

MMMMMM… Eggs! I make perfect hard-boiled, scrambled, and fried eggs. Scrambled nice and fluffy with a little catsup… hard-boiled to perfection, dipped in salt. MMMMM… Eggs!

Mayonnaise, though, will make me vomit through my nose.

Joe

I like omelettes and scrambled eggs. Hard boiled are pretty good. Dislike most other styles. Absolutely hate poached.